Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
+1 for mutts. I have a sweet baby aka pitbull mix named Scout who stopped growing and weighs 20 pounds.

She developed a love for sticks at a young age. This is when she was 9 weeks and weighed 6 pounds.

She also liked stuffed animals the same size as her.

And giant balls.

And giant dogs.

She quickly mastered the art of hearing but not listening.

She finds sticks everywhere.

Now she passed her CGC and is a certified Good Dog. Small dogs are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

That's crazy... they adopt out dogs who are unfixed? Seems completely counter to the mission of reducing pet overpopulation.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

That's ridiculous. I have gotten into multiple arguments with people who want to breed their pets because they're "cute". I can't believe a rescue would risk causing more dogs to need their services to save $30 on a neuter surgery.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

a life less posted:

There are some adverse health effects associated with pediatric spays & neuters. It's not a bad idea if people actually follow through or abstain from breeding (intentionally or accidentally) but... I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in that.

I waited to spay my puppy until she was 5.5 months old for that reason but I'm not a shithead who sees my dog as a way to make a quick buck.

I just don't see how a shelter can trust people to follow through. I adopted my puppy from a private rescue and in addition to being thoroughly vetted, I had to sign a contract promising to get her spayed. Shelters generally let nearly anyone take a dog.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

"Cross-breeds" are fancy mutts. Unless you have seen AKC paperwork from their parents I would be skeptical that the parents weren't also mutts.

• Locked thread