Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Seems weird that kozilek doesn't have indestructible or a similar ability.

Edit - eh guess it would be busted with his counter ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I put together that turbo turns deck from mtggoldfish and have been having more fun with that than any other 'real' deck this standard.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Referring to Ob Nixilis as Bobby Nixon is a lot funnier than it has any right to be

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Lancelot posted:

Kill Shot for 1W seems good. White was already the best removal colour in BFZ.

What is black even for now

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

I hope it's just Ob swearing to kill every living being in the multiverse. Have him doing the goofy little hand sign and everything.

It's probably just that goofy black sorcery that's already been spoiled. It has a quote from him and the card art features all the walkers in the cool kids club.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

The rare slot sure does have some great stuff that I will inevitably get every time I open a pack.

Haha I misread this at first and for a moment thought it said 'or' instead of 'and'.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Wonder if there's anything worthwhile can be done with thopter spy network and stoneforge masterwork. Probably throw in ghostfire blade as well.

Edit: and hangarback of course

Wurzag fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 5, 2016

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I do really hope SOI isn't about emrakul though

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Looks like chandra kills Ob nixilis then

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Speaking as someone who doesn't play an awful lot of modern I'm happy to see twin gone purely because I find it boring as gently caress to watch. To be honest though not really that many people played it, or Bloom titan, at my LGS anyway.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Went 1/2/1 in my Prerelease today. Ended up in r/w because they were literally the only colours I had anything remotely decent in. The uncommon 4/3 in red that makes temporary 3/3 elementals from lands with its landfall was probably mvp.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Probably cos Ugin rightly believes them all to be idiots. Also glad Ob Nixilis didn't get killed off he's a good bad guy in a sort of unintended Saturday morning cartoon villain sort of way.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I think it's more likely Avacyn has been vampirized somehow given in the literal only piece of media we've seen the far the Avacyn symbol gets twisted and inverted into something that resembles fangs and there's bloody feathers etc. My bet was the vampires have done something ill-advised while Sorin was on Tarkir with the aim of making them #1 on Innistrad again but it's gonna be more than they bargained for.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I really hope it isn't Emrakul for the sole reason I'll be really burned out on eldrazi by the time SOI comes out and two entire blocks about the same thing in a row seems really dull.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Liliana still had the veil on her in the last Uncharted Realms so I think it's safe to assume she still has it.

Actually I don't think she's capable of getting rid of it, she already tried taking it back to Shandalar but couldn't physically leave it for some reason.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Maybe she leaves after that last story

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Ramos posted:

Green ranger on screen.

Opened the stream and wasn't expecting that

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I like how in the description there they somehow make it sound way more complicated then it actually is

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

How was the magic madhouse event? Was thinking of going to the Birmingham one so would be interested to know how Manchester was.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

where did you get that mill deck from, there's no mill deck in that top 16

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

What's this about an extra turns deck at the PT?

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I really want to see the list for that extra turns deck, I play what I assume must be a standard legal version of it currently.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Boco_T posted:

The quarterfinals are over so the Big Announcement should be on within half hour I'd think

It's just gonna be some crap about the world cup

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

So, team unified modern rules have been changed so that every team now has to run one eldrazi deck, one mono-r burn deck, and one merfolk deck.

Nah they totally have options, they can run affinity instead of eldrazi :v:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Lol so apparently despite having what she said reiterated back to her and confirming it, I'm hearing that the 'only basics in two decks' thing is not actually the case and is going to be re-clarified. Helene is an idiot.

Edit: beaten

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Given nahiri is a lithomancer, and the moon is a bigass rock, I seems safe to assume she's gonna gently caress it up.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I hope there's a card printed of emrakul sitting on a tiny chair at a meeting of the gently caress the gatewatch club as the sole remaining eldrazi representative.
Also pictured around the table are Bolas, elesh norn, Ob nixilis, ashiok, Heliod, and I dunno urza's head or something

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Dude's just a head anyway, one of the others probably brought him along tucked under their arm

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

They should have named the crow of dark tidings the crow from below instead

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Haha I like that ult

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

I really hope they don't react by banning SSG as well as Eye. I really don't think SSG is a problem, not that I'm biased or anything.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

STiL. posted:

While I don't really think that England's art ever really meshed all that well with MtG's aesthetic, man but did he ever do amazing things for Games Workshop when I was growing up. His Chaos and Greenskins were iconic.

Oh gently caress I knew I recognised the name from somewhere else

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Played against that abzan eldrazi deck tonight at fnm. Think I might play modern until SOI, oh wait I can't eldrazi broke that too.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I think the best part is that FoW has fantastic art.

This has me legitimately excited. Doesn't this mean they've said "gently caress the reserved list and gently caress you"?

I mean, isn't Wasteland on the reserved list?

The announcement says none of the cards are on the reserved list. Seeing as I'm never going to play legacy or vintage I'd have much rather they printed another modern masters set instead.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Borrow a deck off a friend, play a few games and see if you like the game in general.

If you do, find one of the recent budget decks off mtg goldfish (watch the videos to see what appeals to you) and buy that.

I've been playing the budget turbo turns deck from there (albeit with two added ugins) and it's definitely competitive against the much more expensive tier 1 decks at fnm.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Madmarker posted:

I get being excited about cool new things, and I guess out of print things, but this is Legacy: The Set, and, because of the existence of the Reserve List, can't reprint anything that will make that format at all more accessible. The only thing I can really think of is maybe EDH, but :shrug:, that is still not my thing. So I don't get this particular set.

I'm inclined to agree. I've nothing against the idea of it but I've never had any particular desire to play legacy or vintage and realistically I doubt it'll make any meaningful difference in opening up either of those formats anyway.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Kind of surprised they're doing another conspiracy set, there was literally zero interest at my LGS for the first one.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Went undefeated at fnm with Living End. It helped that 1) my first opponent was bogles, 2) no one plays eldrazi, and 3) people at my LGS don't appear to have much prior experience playing against Living End.

Got a kozilek's return in one of my prize packs which was nice. Really felt sorry for the bogles guy, we played several games after for funsies and it was virtually impossible for him to beat my deck.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Played against blue moon yesterday and it seemed solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

best 2 power creature is fulminator mage

• Locked thread