Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Walked posted:

So I've been dabbling with it a bit; and am considering dropping the Winding Constrictor in favor of Ancient Stirrings. The somewhat frequent 'being short two colored mana sources + sometimes just being short like a single Walking Ballista to close out the game' makes it really appealing to be able to dig 5 deep.

It gets rid of the dependency on black, and lets you dig for some gas to close it out in the last few turns.

Flipside is you're stuck with only 4x 1/1 counter sources, which might just be too little to be viable.

On your advice I found room for Ancient Stirrings, I ended up on cutting 1 Darksteel Citadel, 1 Hangarback Walker, 1 Steel Overseer and 1 Cranial Plating, although I'm considering going down the other Cranial Plating and back up to 4 Citadel.

Plating is quite good but I find that it's my last resort a lot of the time, and I'd usually rather be sacrificing stuff for value, or that it's only giving +2 or 3 because I don't have quite the critical mass of artifacts of regular Affinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

It's about time Barack Obama was honored in the form of a magic card imo

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Elyv posted:

Double posting because we need to be READY TO RUMBLE

Kill Heart of Kiran for only five mana! Great rate.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Sickening posted:

Lets see.
Street Wraith (possibly any creature cycle?)

"On the battlefield" it says

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I'll bet any one of you one entire nickel right now that Embalm Clone is standard playable, especially if Gods and Gearhulks are common

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I feel like Noose Constrictor is about to see a lot of play

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Marketing New Brain posted:

Crazy card, clearly meant to combo with Gideon in standard. Whether or not it ends up being good who can say, they at least nailed the feel of a red mythic spell, something they've struggled with in the past.

Certainly a cool effect for red to have, and I'm sure people will build some janky jeskai brews with this card, Gideon, and Disallow.

I didn't think of it this way but this really is the coolest red mythic in years isn't it

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Yeah, saying that the bird is "way better than Young Pyro most of the time" kinda tells me you haven't played much Delver

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

mcmagic posted:

You can't play it on T1 and attack with it on T2 as a 3/2 like you can with delver. Also the card Delver sucks in modern and you should never play it but that is a whole nother issue.

Ah man I was on your side till this post

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

mcmagic posted:

I was wrong about the new Gideon. It's not great.

Can you go in to some more detail? I suspected that might be the case

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Even without the exile clause, it wouldn't be the same game object that was discarded, since it went to the stack.

drat, I was pretty hype to Shadow of the Grave all my Fiery Tempers too

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I feel like there has to be something that overrides that because by that logic every card you discard, thus moving it from the Hand Zone to the Graveyard Zone, would become a new object upon changing zones right? Which means that Shadow of the Grave would actually do nothing?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Further complicating hypothetical: suppose I discard Basking Rootwalla, cast it with Madness, sacrifice it to Viscera Seer, and then cast Shadow of the Grave. Do I get my Rootwalla back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

SoftNum posted:

Magic: The Gathering - I CAST MOUTH

Please?

• Locked thread