Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah that could work. Oh good another abzan deck zzzzzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

We don't know till we actually play with the cards :speculate:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

anglachel posted:

New Nissa still isn't as bad as new Chandra

This we can all agree on. New Chandra is hot trash.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

Edit: Plus, her -2 with Hangarback in play seems pretty strong.

ding ding ding

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hope that we get some white-devoid cards in the upcoming set.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

sarmhan posted:

Kozilek coming back was fairly heavily foreshadowed on a bunch of cards, including ,as-previously-noted, Herald of Kozilek, but also Kozilek's channeler and Kozilek's sentinel.

The cards said "Kozilek's spawn are loving around underground and no one knows where Daddy K is". Meanwhile Emrakul's only named card said "On the other hand Emrakul's minions seem to be weaker in their master's absence".

Im guessing Emrakul is for Zendikar 3 or it escaped and will attack some other plane.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Seems good. Certainly fun.

Real sweet. Seems like it could have been a RWU card.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lets alls stop playing magic in protest of who cares whatever

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

ban the DCI

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

That sounds rad as hell! You can also put infect on anything with instants and the like right?

Would a Red Black Infect deck work? What's the way to share decks / collections to get advice? I have the Decked Builder and I have all my cards uploaded onto a data base, but I'm not sure what I want to add to my Eldrazi deck. I may just make a new one based around infect.

Modern Infect is a pretty popular deck. Usually they play really cheap creatures with infect, and then just dump their hand to make them enormous to win the game instantly in a turn.

E; i think its usually Green and black

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 28, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yup that makes more sense

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Niton posted:

Let me be the first to say: Holy poo poo does Support look underwhelming.

Eldrazi cards look sweet, though, especially Spatial Contortion. That card's going to see non-rotating play.

Its just kind of boring

Scion summoner looks better than 90% of all of greens commons in BFZ lmao

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

Jori En could see eternal play

Maybe? I thought of storm immediately, but its draw a card on your second spell and not 3rd, 4th, etc.

E: yup we both came to the same conclusion

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Comparative analysis (Comp anal...?) seems pretty good.

I think I like surge. Idk how much support it'll have in standard but Git probes + divination seems preeeetttty solid. Not backbreaking or anything.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Scion summoner is probably going to end up best green common for drafting.

Colorless nameless inversion has sweet art and is very playable, dunno about any of those other very underwhelming rares.

Jori En and Cavalry seem relatively bad, and the others seem like limited bombs at least.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

Tron? Really any deck that would/could would rather just play dismember probably.

It's good against etched champion but not much else I can think of

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lunsku posted:

Reminder that the limited format will very much be defined by the Oath cards, as the draft is OGW - OGW - BFZ, so just one pack of bad green / good yourfavouritecolour.

Thank god. Green commons were rubbish. I've had like one successful GR deck and it leaned heavily on red and on it's rares.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

I thought Affinity too but don't most of its mana sources besides inkmoth produce colored mana?

nope, got confused with pauper affinity.

Citadel, both moth nexuses

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It doesn't kill spellskite which is also pretty relevant about the effectiveness of that card

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It's not gonna be hard to cast for most decks. Generating colorless mana is not hard to do.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh wait no I won't it has 2 toughness

It also gives extra toughness to skullclampees

E: turns skullclamp into bone splitter kind of

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

whateverfor posted:

I wonder if this can do something dumb with Grafted War Gear/Demonmail Hauberk in Modern. Not viable, but "I can't believe I lost to that crap" dumb. Turn 1 Doomed Traveler, Turn 2 Outfitter, Turn 3 Wargear-> Sac Traveler to equip to Outfitter and cantrip -> attack with the 6/5 Outfitter?

That doesnt seem that amazing

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

This happened last year too. Because Stoneforge is going to be unbanned, you see.

A 2 mana tutor on a creature that reduces the cost of game winning cards yeah sure lets unban it.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im just hoping that returning to innistrad gives us some cool new reanimator tools. We certainly have the targets.

E: I think, Im still not used to the new block structure. I think we'll still have Dragonlords for briefly

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 29, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Imagine three blocks on the edge of a cliff. Say a block is sent to the back of the line of blocks and takes the place of the first block. The formerly first block becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the third falls off the cliff.

Standard works the same way.

Yeah I get it, just not used to it yet. I was thinking of Atarka anyways.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And people asked why Naya didn't have a mechanic. Turns out that keyword on your dick is doing an incredible amount of work.

Very nice of you to claim that his dick is power five or greater

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ramos posted:

That's assuming it ever gets the ability online.

Truly his dong is a
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Mighty+Emergence

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I love "10 you" cards. Gonna make waves on kitchen tables

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

They all seem very good in draft except for the Auxiliary which is merely okay.

Wouldn't feel bad first picking any of these

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

How many people are going to ask if they can put all the support counters on the same creature?

That depends how many peopl actually read their cards?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Dungeon Ecology posted:

but then that means you gotta play green.

jund though

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Mind melter is good if you pick up a lot of processors. Also 2 unblockable damage and an equipment or something is good. I think it's as strong as the others but is more deck dependent.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 30, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Gensuki posted:

Shoulder to Shoulder does not trigger Zada or heroic, does it? The spell does not target, the ability "support" targets?

support says 'target creature'

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

it slices
it dices

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

:stare:

Well, then. Looks like the controlly versions of Jeskai Black and Atarka Red can get hosed. (Read: Get knocked down a peg. But, yeah.) And Rally decks are now dead.

idk rally now has "whenever a thing dies make an eldrazi" so it could just combo instead of attack

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

What are some good counters to Planeswalkers? My friend yelled at me because "Emblems are OP Game Ending Bullshit." I'm knew so I didn't really have a counter for that, but I'd like to be able to discuss with him what the "Good moves" are in that situation.

tell your friend to "get good"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I can't wait for absurd rally combos with that new dude who makes all your nerds you sacrifice into eldrazi spawns, which you can then sacrifice for tons of mana while draining with those nerds who drain

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oath of douche can we call it oath of douche?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fumarole = Cinnamon roll??? Also its a very interesting design for a card IMHO and I like it.

Nissa Oath seems solid enough. Card draw in a color that doesnt often draw, and the enchantment effect is probably good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It'd be kind annoying if it ends up a staple 4x in most green decks (which I don't think is unlikely) almost solely for being a good cantrip, since that's usually a common effect.

It draws a card in green which almost never draws cards. In any 3 color deck with a planeswalker it smooths out your mana a little bit. It's gonna be a staple, and if there are any "enchantment matters" cards it gets even better.

E: Sigil is legal in standard for a bit so theres that

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 1, 2016

• Locked thread