Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Here we go Devotion to ♦ :v:

If it were a ▲ we could make illuminati jokes but nooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
2R, sorcery, target land becomes a Waste

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1111931915503281&id=108725949157221

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cactrot posted:

Yep, this convinces me that this game is Totally Cool and Not For Dorks :cool:

I'm the ad agency who didn't bother checking what the miniatures were supposed to be

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

Retcon ob nixilis as a student of archaeology. Next block is him and Tammy moonsocks rebuilding the tolarian academy.

They dropped the ball real hard not making an Indiana Jones planeswalker for the original zend

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

the gently caress is this bullshit

join The League as they investigate the mysteries of the Hunter's Nightmare

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
A second Eldrazi has hit the tower :supaburn:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hey who wants to guess they were going to have one Eldrazi titan in each set of the block but then they switched to the two block paradigm and were like well poo poo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Tempest had a Maro mechanic where you could start with certain cards in your hand if you started with 1 less card.

Avacyn restored proto miracles, which were super efficient cards like lighting bolt for 5 damage that started the game outside your deck and then got shuffled in.

New phyrexia, Nagle wants a splashy mechanic and naturally turns to the stupid 2 card 99/99 creature from loving unglued because of course he does. Everybody is like "absolutely not", but Nagle keeps pushing it. Has to get cut for phyrexian mana.

Time spiral, Maro wants to pull in cards from across magic history with a rare cycle. So if you have this 1 card in your deck, you can play up to 4 wizards from any set regardless of format. Or any 6 mana artifact &c.

Also about 5000 words of pointless fan fiction about nothing.

i think i was the one who suggested the non-magic-related topic and im sorry

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Kiora sure is a little poo poo for somebody who supposedly is part U

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
diamonds are new

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's pretty telling that people who run afoul of Wizards PR/marketing usually just get temporary DCI bans rather than anything more serious

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zoness posted:

if you have circle of protection: artifacts out does that prevent damage from guns?

guns are not artifacts as portal second age clearly shows

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
if you wanted to like hearthstone but were turned off by the lack of anime tiddies ive got the product for you

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

No one wants to play Force with someone who misspells "titties". Go away.

wasnt talking about FoW, scrublord spotted
https://shadowverse.jp

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.

My friend actually invented a format like this called "Bulk Standard" where the max was $1 mid on some storefront. Sometimes he'd take the brews to FNM and still beat people's $200+ decks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

You think that's elitist? A couple of people in the Northeast US Vintage community invented a format. The rules? You can only play with cards you own the original piece of art for.

I thought you were joking about this but nope it's actually a thing
http://originalmagicart.com/art-league/

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
im sure wizards will give a free lunch voucher to an mtgo programmer to whip up a mtgjudges replacement over christmas holiday, no worries guys

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

This is going to end up as part of an engine for a combo deck, isn't it?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Forgot if this was part of the leaked batch of rares but here you go

have yourself a reprint

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
planeswalkerwalk

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

"Embodiment of Fury" - 3R
Creature-Elemental
Trample
Land creatures you control have trample.
Landfall— Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target land you control becomes a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste until end of turn. It's still a land.
4/3

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The black one is just Ob Nixilis going y'all a bunch of nerds

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I opened a Sorin Markov once, it disappeared into the same hole that claimed my textless Blightning

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Coat Without Arms

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The switch cost is zero probably because you're already sinking mana into it to animate.

Also, it interacts fun with Awaken

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Did Rosewater or anyone ever explain why prowess was absent from BFZ?

(Hope it's in gatewatch)

Dollars to donuts it's because BFZ started design before ORI, which is when that keyword got evergreened

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Didn't see this here, the Reddit exclusive spoiler:

http://imgur.com/uVcdchJ

{2}{W}
Creature — Eldrazi (Rare)
Devoid (this card has no color.)
{2}{C}: Exile another target creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
3/3

So a white Eldrazi. Interesting effectm to nip it in the bud, stuff like Ulamog and the processors don't have ETBs, but triggers on casting.

Edit: Nothing rotates for Oath, next rotation is Shadows over Innistrad.

Edit again: This interferes with flip walkers, kills tokens and bounces Rhino for the next 3 months.

Too bad it doesn't exile until end of turn, would have hilarious synergy with processors.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

wow i didn't even realize that, that card is a nightmare
but you can use it as threaten in white :shepicide:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is there any actual good reason why it can't just say "spend this many only to play colorless spells"?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I want to live the BW Vampallies limited dream

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I know she's supposed to be nominally Indian but I can't help but read the flavor text on Chandra's Oath in the voice of a tart Irish lady

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Aaron Forsythe
Aaron Forsythe – ‏@mtgaaron
Corrupted Crossroads doesn't say "colorless spells" because that would read too bizarrely. Apologies to the Etched Oracles among you.
11:36 PM - 4 Jan 2016

Sad

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
OGW announced to be the best selling set of all time. grognards.txt complete

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Edit: also emrakul on innistrad would be dumb as hell. Wtf are werewolves going to do against eldrazi?

Line the insides of their brains with eyes :unsmigghh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ah Emeria, or as some say, Emrakul... do you hear our prayers?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Presumably they'll shut down Gatherer and just use magiccards.info for oracle text.

This would be an improvement

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sharpie some legit Power 9 cards with the word PROXY imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/learning-opportunities-2016-01-13

The judges that got suspensions for leaking Kozilek/Wastes got their time off reduced to 23 days, and the suspension doesn't go on permanent record

Basically Elaine gives the response that should have gone out instead of Pat-trick's dumb thing

• Locked thread