Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I actually dig the Mirrorpool and Kozilek cards, thd Kozilek is cool as gently caress and like hell yes I want a land that does an imitation of Riku.

Ramos posted:

I'm surprised no one is making a big deal about waste lands being printed in standard again.

Bravo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve posted:

Kozilek proves it's fake. They don't print colorless counterspells.

Not of This World is a very real card.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GeneX posted:

That's a surprisingly interesting solution to the perceived issue of fetches+fetchable duals ruining standard

No, no, keep going on about how New And Totally Rad Kozilek is totally fake or whatever.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GeneX posted:

Seriously if it really does mean "must be paid with colorless mana" and all colorless sources are errata'd to produce diamond mana (so that the (1) now means "can be paid with any color of mana" and is distinguished from "colorless") it's a good and smart change, since it's unchanged in terms of mana production and will probably be used sparingly at best for costs (for fear of making it a de facto 6th color).

It's functionally identical to a 6th color also, but the freedom from any flavor restrictions opens up a hell of a balancing tool, and it'll hopefully not be overused

This is all assuming it's real, and I'd be more annoyed with Kozilek (sure, let's just give the big guy menace. And a conditional counterspell ability that requires you to have him in play already.) than with the change to colorless mana.

I guess he might theoretically see play in the now-fringe UW or Mono U tron decks? Maybe a sideboard card against a particularly hand disruption heavy jund player?

I think I could play any control deck using Kozilek as a wincon. He's just rad as hell and so is his art.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Balon posted:

Naw, think more spreading seas-style.

◇R
Enchant Land
Enchanted Land loses all abilities and is a Waste.
?Draw a card? (this is too strong in the current environment)

Wouldn't it actually just say what Spreading Seas does, then?

"Enchanted land is a Waste.
Draw a card."

See not only does it match Spreading Seas' text, it also sounds cooler.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

black potus posted:

the real great distortion here is turning the very funny start of this thread into bad speculation posts :o:

A post as cryptic as the thread itself.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Watch, if Wastes are real, our next 5 Fetches are going to be Search for a Wastes or [Color].

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Wurzag posted:

Seems weird that kozilek doesn't have indestructible or a similar ability.

He didn't have indestructible on his old card either, though.

And he protected himself less than this new one.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

stinkles1112 posted:

This seems like strong evidence for them being real

More like it's strong evidence that it's his art, which in fact means that's probably what the new Kozilek card is going to have for art?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly its not truly Legendary Cube until I can have two Brothers Yamazaki in my deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Recess Rapist posted:

Before the full spoilers I called my LGS to preorder the full set of five, but they weren't sure how much stock they were getting, so I had to wait.
Then I saw the full spoiler and I couldn't summon any interest at all in buying even a single one of those decks.

I feel like I saved $150. Is this what it's like when you don't buy cards? It feels good. Does anyone read this thread who spends no money on Magic? How good does it feel?

You could buy the Actual Good Cards from the Commander 2015 set and still save about half a Commander 2015 deck.

The commanders themselves are cheap as gently caress, and the only cards worth noting are honestly the (blue and black, maybe white) Confluences, Command Beacon, and Blade of Selves.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 20, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

:feelsgood: i spend or trade magic for board games instead. I actually just got this sweet eurogame called Orleans! It almost got the Kennerspiel des Jahres this year. I think the only money I spend on magic now is a $15 draft and $5 constructed at the beginning of every semester and just ride the store credit until the end.

So do you just like, play RDW at the beginning of every standard in every event you can attend and make oodles or

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

KidDynamite posted:

Is the GP stream starting at round 3? Pretty lame, I wanted to catch some early games.

What format is this GP? I'm not in a position to check.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

uggy posted:

I loving love judges familiar

Standard allstar, Modern allstar.

Only thing holding it back from being amazing is it's not Cursecatcher.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:allears:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GoutPatrol posted:

Storm's back baby

It is CLEARLY called Pyromaster Ascension.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

En Fuego posted:

Nah, there are two. Saw em both.

Good. :colbert:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Frozen_flame posted:

The only Magic slashfic I found was one of Urabrask and Melira.

It was painful.

Its why he prefers to stay Hidden

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

stay the course, kmc can do no wrong.

First time I double sleeved Merfolk I had 2 sleeves break the first time I had to shuffle them on my first Wednesday of using them.

And then a third the next Wednesday.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think it's clear I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing in this cube.

Like what the gently caress.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

If I were to take a guess, it just means we ignore the conspiracy cards.

Also, lol, Ruhan's drawback is out the door now, I suppose.

You make it sound like Ruhan's drawback is a downside.

Because it's not. Nobody can get mad at you for swinging at them.

Also, his typing annoys me because he totally looks like a Minotaur, much how like Savage Knuckleblade is totally a Yeti.

:sigh:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gridlocked posted:

Same I would be happier if everything was more accessible. Hell LSV even stated in his last stream he is disgusted that a standard deck is 1k.

Is that Yore-Tiller/Wet Mardu I bet it's Yore-Tiller/Wet Mardu.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

NivMizzet posted:

They've been saying it would come out in October for months and that's come and gone, so we'll see how long it takes them. I can't wait for them finish it, I just want to trade my online draft bulk for physical EDH cards.

It would honestly make me more inclined to draft on MTGO because then I can take my sick rips and make them into actual cards.

Or you know, use my puca points to get into Modern on MTGO since central Jersey doesn't have a store that runs large events unless I want to drive an hour and a half to get bodied.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

JerryLee posted:

After watching my umpteenth pro cube draft video, I've come to realize that the cube gimmick I really want is a cube without blue in it.

Or at least one where the blue theme somehow avoids card draw and/or counterspells completely.

Or a dumb infinite combo.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

So close, yet so far

There's just something about the name that's loving hilarious.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alris posted:

I think the closest you'll get is Llorwyn or Kamigawa but I'm pretty sure they don't count as ongoing.

I mean Tammy moonsocks is from Kamigawa that counts right?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yeah SCG has poo poo for sales.

Some poo poo nobody was going to buy because it's too expensive is still too expensive, also, some sealed Commander product.

I miss when they put relevant poo poo on sale. Like the shocklands. That helped me out a lot back in the day.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

$80 boxes of bfz is a legit deal though.

Honestly I'd prefer a box of Origins at this point to spin the wheel for Jace if I'm gonna spin the wheel at all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yeah maybe, it's basically gideon + expeditions vs jace + flip/hangarback walkers. I'll probably see if some buds wants to split either.

Jace, Walkers, Nissa, and Liliana, really.

And the other played Origins rares, like Abbot.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Balon posted:

I had noticed that its a lot of the younger players that weren't showing up, along with the more casual older players.

Maybe its the rising cost of being competitive in standard that's dissuading people recently? Betweeb fetches and walkers people can't afford $300 standard decks.

That's mostly it, this standard is expensive as gently caress.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yawgmoth posted:

Plus there's been an increasing number of idiots at my store who feel the need to do retarded shuffling superstitions for 10 minutes between games and I just do not have the patience for that poo poo.

"pile shuffle in the shape of a heart in order to appease the Value Gods."

I put their top seven on the bottom if they do this. Because they want a "real" cut, but according to the rules the least amount of cards you need to move to validate as an official cut is seven cards moved.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 28, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dr. Stab posted:

Which rules are these?

Had a judge tell me that in order for it to be considered a 'real' cut of the deck you have to move at least 7 cards.

I'm assuming by your response, that's not actually the case.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

OH MAN LET'S BUYOUT REITERATE FOR... REASONS!

And I like Fork effects, but this is stupid.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Samael posted:

In terms of black friday deals through friday and the weekend, I haven't been impressed at all at any of the UK sites, some not even doing deals at all.

Then I went into my LGS and found out they were selling EVERYTHING they had at 25% off including singles (Which they price at 50% SCG $ -> £, which is pretty competitive anyway)

Needless to say, I bought a lot of singles that day. Plus, Inkedplaymats are doing a sale all weekend of 25% off most of their stuff if you use the code THEWEEKEND.

(Undertale is such a good game.)

I wish I had your store's level of competitiveness, everyone here uses SCG prices. :sigh:

Also, I need those playmats.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

Punishing Abzan

Some guy just won with a non-blue deck. I know they call it Abzan, but it has a nice mix of white hate bears and the Jund advantage engine.

:swoon:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Reminds me of Paul Cheon not knowing how to pronounce "bestow", which he kept saying beast-ow (like, "ow" that hurts) on streams.

Didn't some pro player get really frustrated with the word "Bivouac" last year?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I guess that's our Power Ranger team now: The Gatewatch.

Stellar. :allears:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AgentSythe posted:

Bring back Urza and the other cool Planeswalkers

I mean Liliana is currently being harassed by Evil Urza. Does that count?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

what gate are they watching

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fiend Computer posted: