Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Toshimo posted:

It's cool that you don't know poo poo and want to tell us all about how you don't know poo poo even when we try and help you know poo poo.

Yeah, man, that's totally what's happening and I definitely didn't read every Magic book when I was kid, including the Ravnica ones. Momir has like 10 lines in the entire Dissension book. If they were going from any direction other than EDH it doesn't make sense. But I get it, it's for the EDH crowd. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

En Fuego posted:

Reminds me of Sigourney Weaver. A non-young, possible flip Legendary into Planeswalker for Commander? WEREWOOF TRIBAL WHEE

(calling it now)

0% chance they'll include the commander text in a main set.

Werewolf planeswalker is a cool idea, hopefully they don't gently caress it up.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I love Innistrad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If anyone wants to try out one of the worst Limited formats behind AVR, check out the CBS flashback draft!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Samael posted:

New Spoiler. I think Nahiri is rather pissed off. What the gently caress did sorin do to her?

Because Nahiri never wanted the Eldrazi to be locked to Zendikar, but Ugin and Sorin convinced her. Then they got loose and hosed up her plane, so she's taking revenge.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I thought I was missing a joke so I didn't mention it

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I love how they took the complaints that the huge story character Avacyn was unplayable garbage last time and decided to make the new one incredible.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/hairlessthoctar/status/706315043147800577

Tamiyo's alive!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Thisuck posted:

Speaking of freaky rear end poo poo that's happening in Innistrad...

from reddit:

Jesus

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

looks like slivers

Hahah if they summon Sliver Queen and she's the big bad of Eldritch Moon so they can retcon the coreset Slivers.

I'm gonna be disappointed when this doesn't happen, now.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Thing in the Ice is really good, I think. Also it's awesome.

I am going to draft Mono Winds every draft.

Innistrad rules.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Lets Pickle posted:

It would be super cool if they ever made a not-garbage card an intro pack rare. Like I specifically remember for Khans of Tarkir there were two cycles of wedge rares: The good ones that mosty saw standard play (Siege Rhino, Mantis Rider, Savage Knuckleblade, Butcher of the Horde, actually just kidding the Sultai one sucked) and the cycle that was maybe pretty good in Limited (All the intro pack rares).

Well I mean, it's not like they put Jitte on the front of Rats' Nest.

They did put Eternal Witness on the front of her precon, though.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Uncharted Realms: Avacyn, Gisela and Bruna are straight-up murdering humans, Sigarda is not on board...yet, there used to be a BW angel but Avacyn killed her.

But at least everyone gets a new card.

That first one looks like an anime character.

The other two are cool, though.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hey everyone my buddy and somewhat infamous troll CML's chapbook kickstarter campaign just dropped. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itscml/a-brief-history-of-magic-cards Please check it out. It should make a good gift for you to give to people who know you play magic but don't understand why we invest so much time in to this children's game. It has some sweet rewards tiers too.

Full disclosure: I've done some editing on it but am not related in any way to the kickstarter production.

Your buddy is an unfunny idiot and I hope this Kickstarter fails miserably and both of you wasted your time.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

What happened to your faaaaacccceeee

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

sarmhan posted:

It's also the gameday promo apparently:

::captainpop:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Obscil posted:

Looks like vampire madness is going to be a thing.

Falkenrath Gorger R
Creature- Vampire
All vampire creature cards you own that aren't in play gain madness. Their madness cost is equal to their mana cost.
2/1

poo poo like this shows why his design philosophy is so much better than the other. This card just makes you say "cool" as soon as you see it, whether or not it'll be played in anything.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Can't wait for people to self-own themselves with that at the prerelease

Yeah I really hope this happens and it's not me forgetting how it works.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Zoness posted:

This isn't me but:

"Nice topdeck," says the guy who is blatantly cheating.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

How can you talk about Kamigawa/Ravnica standard and not mention the B/W Hand deck? That deck was sick.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

that Groundskeeper art really doesn't fit imo

Better than this garbage

edit- Dammit

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Entropic posted:

Do we have a nickname for the new Jace yet?

There's Baby Jace, Real Jace, Anime Jace, Michael C Hall Jace, Bad Jace, Actual Literal Baby Jace, what's the new one? Scooby Gang Jace?

Jacket Jace

Edit- Nevermind that one is the correct answer ^^^

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Investigator Jace's secret drawback is that you can't have him and Telepath Unbound at the same time, so if you're in a U/B control deck I have to imagine the choice is Ob Nixilis. And yes, obviously the life loss sucks but there's pretty sure to be a blue card draw spell because if there isn't lol @ blue control anyways.

MTGO Ravnica: City of Guilds chat: Babby's first draft, consisting of "draft Boros Signet, draft Lightning Helix, okay just draft Boros because IDK how this set works and I got cards."

:captainpop:
This is a constructed deck

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Sickening posted:

I think I missed it but people are saying she revealed a

b
vampire
2/2

If during your upkeep if your opponent doesn't have less than 10 life, lose 1 life or something

I guess its also a reprint?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Do not pass Sisters of Stone Death in RRR draft. Yes, it costs 8 mana, but if you drop it you will not lose.

I missed 3 land drops and still managed to stall out long enough to drop her, and it was just over.

edit- This is the jankiest thing I've ever drafted and I am going into round 2

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 17, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I love this card

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Someone mentioned this deck in a Hearthstone thread.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/daily-deck/werewolves-legacy-2013-04-17

I only play Magic casually so I couldn't figure it out. How does Magus of the Moon (Text is "Nonbasic lands are Mountains.") and Cavern of Souls (Text is "When Cavern of Souls enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Tap: Add one colourless mana to your pool. Tap: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast a creature spell of the chosen type, and that spell can't be countered.") work together to do what that article mentions?

Pretty sure it's just saying you want to make sure Magus won't get countered.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

They really need to change this policy, there are many legit reasons to want to play in these events and not want to ever be on camera.

Like?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I think Sin Prodder, is good.

Also I want to open that green rare every draft I ever do.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

I'm curious what set that is. I had packs from a few sets on me and origins packs were all 2-3 grams lighter than BFZ packs. In my limited recollection the BFZ packs were all above 30g, with a few as high as 34g. Origins had numbers much more similar to the ones in those graphs. Even with insane levels of accuracy the data is fuzzy at best and you can easily get false positives and negatives. If someone wants to drop hundreds of dollars for a good scale, and then sink a bunch of time into getting a ton of data and hoping for the best when it comes to recovering the cost of the scale more power to them. I don't have the patience for it even with access to a scale that I don't have to pay for.

He said it was BFZ

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Babylon Astronaut posted:

And there definately are 13 words in each of the modes.

Yeah, there are 13 words not I including the numbers.

Card is so sweet.

It's really not hard to pronounce, though?

Tris-Kai-deck-uh-phobia

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Goldnight Castigator is loving nuts. You need at least 5 power in flying to deal with it.

And yeah Avacyn's Judgment is crazy good too.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The white sweep cards were beyond stupid

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-naVKIGxTI

This is why you should be drafting RRR while it's here, by the way. RRG is good but not as good, and RGD is good but not as good as either of those.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I'm really excited for Time Spiral draft to come back, even with Sprout Swarm eventually. Love Time Spiral.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Kunzelman posted:

I wrote a short thing about how cool vampires are over here and there are some preview cards and a preview page from the artbook for Shadows.

I wanna open that Vampire rare every draft

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I went 3-1 with a UB zombie tempo deck. Diregraf Colossus made me about 5 zombies per game I drew him, even though he never once came into play with a +1/+1 counter on him. The 2/3 zombie that locks something down for a turn is amazing, and I had two of him.

I also opened the 3/3 Flying vampire that you can discard to give him +2/+2 with counters, he was also awesome. Late game just turns into "leave 6 mana open and discard two cards in response to anything/eot" then swing with a huge flyer.

The game I lost was against THE U/G Clue deck. He had the enchantment that turns everything into BoP so he could tap his creatures to activate clues, he had Tireless Tracker, the enchantment that mills someone, everything. Because he had so many things gumming up the board and I couldn't attack favorably, he got to like 40 life off that stupid loving Mole, then milled me and then we went to time.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

This is like when Bitterblossom got unbanned but it's dumber because this is an uncommon that's been reprinted

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

But Sword of the Meek has never been reprinted?

My bad I thought it was in a Commander set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hahaha LSV just said on stream that at some point in the future he's gonna do a stream where he joins as many queues as possible at the same time.

• Locked thread