Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

FYAD has been named "Han Solo Dies" for like 3 weeks; he almost certainly doesn't actually know.

Ha ha, this is what I get for checking the mod queue when I wake up. :hurr:

Not really gonna check whether spoilers are fake in the future though so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

The March Hare posted:

e; Yeah, I don't really think the old "don't talk about it" method is going to work. Anyone who actually wants to try to pass these things as real is going to find them anyway, and if we all know about 'em then hey, easier to tell what's what. For my part, any of them that I get I'm just going to mark up on the back to make it clear they are proxies that I'll just be using at home in a cube v0v.

The short version is that talking about proxies is no big deal, but showing where they could get counterfeit cards is out. This is for legal reasons so Wizards of the Coast doesn't start putting horse heads in Lowtax's bed or anything.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Sickening posted:

I doubt after all the conversations we have had on the subject that mods give a poo poo at this point.

I think I've posted it before but just to be clear:

The general rule is that discussing proxies is fine, but posting links or directions to places where you can get fake cards is not. If you want to have proxies that is your problem, but links could get SA in trouble. Same rules as videogame emulation/piracy, more or less.

If you're unsure about something you can shoot me a message before you post it. I'd also recommend against "mods don't care" posts in case some poor bastard assumes I don't and gets their rear end kicked :v:

• Locked thread