Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Basic lands have a "L" next to the collector number, they are not commons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hey guys! #MTGFinance is awesome

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/product/show?ProductName=Inquisition+of+Kozilek&newSearch=false&ProductType=All&IsProductNameExact=true

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Ciprian Maricon posted:

That makes perfect sense? it was an insanely in demand staple and the price only decreased/maintained its price in the expectation of a reprint in this block. It wasn't reprinted and modern demand is increasing all around and so now its more expensive?

Or are you guys just looking to complain?

You think this is a $50 card?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

How many of Trick's stupid announcements does Elaine have to packpedal this week?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Foreskin Problems posted:

So what kind of box are you guys putting your double-sleeved deck+sideboard in? I had some empty Dragon Shield boxes lying around, but the sideboard won't fit in it.

https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/products/black-poisonwood-deck-box/

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/699630951366684672

Looks like "Eternal" format won't be a thing.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Am I thirst one to suggest the vanilla mythic might have an efficient madness cost? That's all I got.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Why the gently caress is PALE MOON spiking in price?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

It's not some conspiracy, there are probably just a bunch of people who all decided at the same time they want to play the card!

We've all been discussing it at our Legacy tournament and nobody can figure out why anyone would think this card is playable. Please explain it to me in the smuggest way possible.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

It's weird how this new block system speeds up story resolution. They introduce and deal with threats in the same set. Kozilek is back! And we burned him. Avacyn is bad! Sorin killed her.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Whoever named Olivia must have been playing Force of Will TCG lately

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Why is it spiking?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Oh it's on the Reserve List.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Spoiler season got me like

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Skyl3lazer posted:

Do this but with all the bulk now

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

For the record, I still feel like the first GIF but I guess that makes me dumb and bad.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Is there a single person who DIDN'T call this? This is the most obvious "twist" of all time.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

City of Traitors buyout in progress :toot:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Tabak is my spirit animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twwvNDExzR0

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

like i just checked alliance and they dont have a listing for it

and if alliance doesn't have a listing for it buddy lemme tell you

i would check peachstate and ACD too but i cant remember our login info for those SO

They don't distribute and never will. It's in loving Target now, those guys long ago gave up their promise to stay small and stock LGS's. Most of us just buy it on Amazon and mark it up, and randos come in all the time to snap one up for a last minute party. $15 is the two minute shipping you can't get on Amazon. I can't believe it works but it works.

That being said whoever said we make more money on CAH over Magic singles is hilariously off the mark.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I know all this. I was going through the motions

I would normally be on your side re: scalping, gouging etc but CAH is a weird thing that gets a lot of foot traffic in the store from random townies who are not gamers. But we are the only store in town that carries it, so it sells and sells.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

That planes walker is very safe. Not terrible, not splashy. Just a planes walker, here have some.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

I think the assumption is that the bad nissa is playable in Commander?

I have no idea.

Can someone link this ladies' night drama?

https://www.facebook.com/Treasure-Coast-Magic-247579510572/

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

I like how they had been doing this for a few weeks until someone finally posted a comment and they responded badly, then it went viral.

As an LGS owner, I think the mistake here is in how they responded (obviously). There were many ways to handle this professionally, and they not only chose the wrong way but they doubled down with the follow up joke post about a "sensitivity tournament" where women paid double and "easily offended people" paid quadruple entry. Har har.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah if they just responded with something like "Not many women attend and we'd like to encourage them to" that would probably have been fine.

This is exactly what I would have done. Might still get some backlash, but it's a hell of a lot better to present it as an earnest attempt at inclusivity.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

okay yeah sure she's cool but i looked at her twitter and well...

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/776126283537190912

What a monster.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Four Score posted:

Swedish Fish are disgusting :colbert:

I am not disputing this.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Old Man Mozz posted:

so turns out that the response is good enough to do a new run in like ... a week - so servos are totally going in, possibly also energy tokens :D

I must have wurmcoil tokens for my pimped out 12post deck!!!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

:f5:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hi, store owner here. The only options a player has if they pull a pants-jizzing god pack is to pick a card and pass the rest, or drop from the tournament and keep their currently opened pool and unopened pack(s). You certainly don't have the option of "buying the pack" whatever that means.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

This brings up a good point. The only loophole I could see is if you are doing the draft unsanctioned or Casual. It's only in sanctioned events that you have to obey the WPN rules.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Star Man posted:

Do I get to sic Wizards on stores where people in the draft remove the basic land from the pack before making a pick and passing?

No because removing the basic land is the first step after opening a booster for draft.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

DangerDongs posted:

Uh no, you remove the token and leave the land.

https://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files/attachements/mtg_mtr_20jan17_en.pdf

Section 7.7 the non foil lands are taken out first thing as well as tokens and tip cards.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

FIFTEEN YEARS we've waited for a Vindicate reprint, and we get it in this shite?

:smith:

It hasn't even been FIFTEEN months. (Eternal Masters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

AceClown posted:

Holy poo poo this is a million times better than what WotC shat out

Are the people who are jumping to "they look like Yu-Gi-Oh/Ancient Mew" somehow convinced this is less like Ancient Mew?

• Locked thread