Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Not to interrupt some fine MtG thread flavour text, but I'm going to be in Berlin this week, wondering if anyone had recommendations for FNM in the city?

E: Agreed about Standard. The variations compared to last standard seems much more minimal, and based around what core cards you want to build around. Or Atarka Red Smash Capitalist Scum decks. It's by no means boring, it just seems less exciting than THS-KTK personally. I do see where people are seeing excitement, mind, and Wizards are good and cool for trying new typed duals.

Here's hoping for some powerful land hate in Oath of the Power Rangers Except Black Because Liliana Sucks.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

It has to be fake.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

2R, sorcery, target land becomes a Waste

Go big or go home.
◇◇◇, Enchantment, all nonbasics become Wastes.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a metagame breakdown yet? Interested to see how many Bloom players there are.

I hope that if a ban is incoming the whole deck isn't killed off. It is my first actual foray into Modern, after the Pod ban stopped me building Melira Pod. Taking away Summer Bloom would slow the deck enough to stop the T2 pseudo-kill away but not kill it.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

The only Magic slashfic I found was one of Urabrask and Melira.

It was painful.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

GeneX posted:

Urabrask is a dude. The person you're quoting is somehow innocent enough to not know the meaning of slash fiction.

I thought that just was an interchangeable term for all the various terrible internet erotica. The more you know.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Angus/Mangara OTP

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

A cube is a good plan, Modern seems nice but volatile unless you chuck your lot in with Twin. Legacy is probably worth it.

Unrelated, Ob's turn for a UR today. I like it, but Ob Nix was one of the first mythics I opened, so there is a soft spot. Basically his side of how he fucks up Zendikar.

Pretty sure he just summoned Kozilek.

E: oh dammit beaten like Zendikar

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Twin is the only Modern deck I like anyway so if I went in it'd be that.

Then yeah, it's a good option. The UR core is a bunch of eternal staples and the combo. Add whichever flavour of colour to spice it up.

Modern is generally fun, but the yearly ban game is not. Twin would avoid that entirely by being the baseline of acceptable combo.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Theros? That just has Heliod as Grand rear end in a top hat.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Ravnica has Jace as the literal glue holding Ravnican politics together; if Elspeth counts then Ravnica does too. Planeswalkers are involved in all the current storylines, but Ravnica and Theros are two planes where there isn't some big evil threatening multiple planes.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Dack Tales! Woo-oo!
Tales of daring do bad and good
Luck Tales! Woo-oo!
Not pony tails or cotton tails, no,
Dack Tales! Woo-oo!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

With how Standard is, I am glad that the SCG event today is Legacy. It is always a pleasure to watch, and really has me interested in the format.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

That's fine. Print a not poo poo Chandra, thanks.

Chandra, gently caress You (3RR)

+1: Draw a card, then discard a card at random.

−4: Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded Chandra, gently caress You deals damage equal to the number of cards in target player's hand to that player.

−6: Gain control of all creatures until end of turn. Untap them. They gain haste until end of turn.

[1]

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

lmao team usa already eliminated from the world cup.

Are England still in/able to make Day 2? If so how much is Rich Hagon gloating right now.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Six points at the end of round six, I'm not sure what the cut off is but I'm assuming no. Not sure any of them are English either.

I think one of the WMCQ winners was? Doesn't matter regardless, as English Cricket shows. Shame they went out so early.

Newzilek is set to be pretty darn good, definitely a consideration for Tron. I would expect some pushed spell in Oath as well, still hoping for WasteMoon for CCC

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Speaking of, he and Patrick are commenting on Sam Black playing Pyxis of Pandemonium in Modern.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

I counted 6 Mythics, plenty left.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Oh of course, Kozi and Mirrorpool. Forgot about those, whooops.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Serperoth posted:

If you get a link, I'm sure some of us would like a peek too :)

http://www.twitch.tv/lsv/v/30357482 - no idea about a timestamp though.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

"Skinning Tendrils"1BB
Sorcery

Devoid

All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn. If a creature would die this turn exile it instead. 
-----
Drown in Exile seems pretty needed. Should be pretty useful

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

and

Embodiment of Insight
4G
Creature - Elemental
Vigilance

Land creatures you control have vigilance.

Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target land you control become a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste until end of turn. It's still a land.
4/4

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Chandra Preordering at 10 bucks on SCG.

Guess people are that wary of cards with the subtype "Chandra" on them nowadays.

I caved and preordered 4 on magiccardmarket for €27 with shipping back when she was pre-spoiled. Last time I did this was when I saw Khans Sorin at about the same price for preorders.

Rhino is a big deal but for 3 months. And there are plenty of ways to punch it away. Spending 6 mana to clear a raided Wingmate Roc and friends is not great but passable. And if I am wrong and she is garbage forever then it's just £20 for 4 of her.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

jassi007 posted:

Pretty sure you're wrong about this. It will see play in Jund and some Grixis builds.

People have been trying them also. I think Kalitas/Oliva is going to be potent for Jund.

I just noticed that interaction and that is pretty excellent.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

LRR's spoiler card.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

GottaGoFast

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Finally that goofy Chandra face in card form.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Only one Bloom deck too in the top 32. Still means it's eating a ban and my poor deck gets turned into EDH scrap and trade fodder.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

First prerelease went 1-1-1, started off as Ubr which was... poor. Switched R3 for UG and that worked much better. Still happy enough

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 16, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I see 2 cards you shouldn't have been playing in your sealed deck. 1-1-1 indeed.

Well gently caress you I did and had more fun for it.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

JTMS is perfect for the Mono Red deck.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

I've also been trying and failing to sculpt any kind of Mardu Walkers deck, Oath of Gideon helps so much with a Chandra and Gideon able to ult much better and Sorin and Sarkhan only 1 away from an emblem. It's Chandra that feels like the biggest draw, the potential is really there.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

DoctorOozy posted:

Well, I am hoping it won't be deck after deck of Abzan blue... so it will be deck after deck of Abzan blue.

I for one welcome our Soggy Junk Overlords.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

A filterland reprint would be good, as it would promote colourless mana as well. Checklands would end up fine, but a bit boring. Reminds me of INN-RTR but slower.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm taking a UR Eldrazi standard deck to game day tomorrow. I will probably lose terribly.

If Skyspawner can win a Pro Tour it can win you a Pervert Chandra Playmat.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

OK in my defence I'm not that aggressive in chat normally, Rimusutera deserves it. And yeah, if all my opponents decide to draw nothing until the last 5 cards this tournament is going to be so easy

E: And you should join the Thunderdome.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 25, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

ShaneB posted:

Deets on this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764731 is the thread.

Post with your modo name and planned deck. There are people willing to lend decks if you want to switch up.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Fresh from twitter:

Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

It can run Secure the Wastes, surely? And make dudes EOT with that land, or Gideon it up. It should be able to hit 5 creatures to sac.

E: Also will not be surprised if Sorin 4.0 makes vampires too.

• Locked thread