Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

rabidsquid posted:

It's time we focus on the real issue here. Eldrazi decks aren't out of control, it's misreporting of archetypes.

We need to unskew our polls, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
"Why should only the Eldrazi get fast
mana in Modern? Who are these Eldrazi, anyway? When I'm president, I'm going to seal off the Blind Eternities and make Emrakul pay for it! I'm gonna reprint Sol Ring in the fall set and Make Modern Great Again!" - Donald Trump, probably

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

I'm more of a fan of Path your Reality Smasher discarding Big Game Hunter pay Madness killing your Thought-Knot Seer.

Abzan Company is life.

Congratulations, your extremely specific and convoluted setup allowed you to get a 2-for-2 on your opponent!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

It's time we focus on the real issue here. Eldrazi decks aren't out of control, it's misreporting of archetypes.

you can play at least 5 different variations of Eldrazi, the format is healthy

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Everblight posted:

Congratulations, your extremely specific and convoluted setup allowed you to get a 2-for-2 on your opponent!
Except that you're also up a BGH on the board at instant speed so it's closer to a 2-for-1.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

Except that you're also up a BGH on the board at instant speed so it's closer to a 2-for-1.

they get a wastes from the path though

v:shobon:v

anyway obviously what you want to do is company two bgh's out :v:

mandatory lesbian posted:

you can play at least 5 different variations of Eldrazi, the format is healthy

You can play a deck of any color, as long as the creatures are colorless.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Yawgmoth posted:

You're up a chump blocker, they get a wastes.

They're probably just gonna play another reality smasher next turn anyway though :shrug:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

You can play a deck of any color, as long as the creatures are colorless.

:wow:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah ok, lots of sympathy there brah.

I don't want your sympathy you peasant :arnie:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Any UK Goons going to the rptq in Sheffield on Sunday?

I'm not qualified, but going with the girlfriend.
I'll bring my Momir Basic stack, so we can have our own side event!

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

mehall posted:

Any UK Goons going to the rptq in Sheffield on Sunday?

I'm not qualified, but going with the girlfriend.
I'll bring my Momir Basic stack, so we can have our own side event!

I am tempted but I should be saving my money for the Birmingham Magic Madhouse event.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

You can choose practically any combination of colors to run for your twelve cards that actually require colored mana!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

A 1/1 is not at all worth a card.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else excited about the prospect of using Restoration Angel on their Big Game Hunter though?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I know, right? It's like if they lumped RUG Delver, BUG Delver, Show and Tell, and Miracles into "Ux Force of Will". Of course the metagame would be appear skewed if you used lovely reporting like that.

Nah, they would call it Ux Brainstorm and this is what everyone who complains about legacy already does.

little munchkin posted:

A 1/1 is not at all worth a card.

But it's a 1/1 for 1 mana!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
My deep tech for eldrazi is fog on a isochron scepter.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

seems like it's someone affiliated w/ Marchesa b/c of the rose

Although I'm hoping there are multiple rose factions so the set can be about a war of the roses.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

seems like it's someone affiliated w/ Marchesa b/c of the rose

Although I'm hoping there are multiple rose factions so the set can be about a war of the roses.

A card game involving roses, generally a 1v1 match, a duel of sorts..

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

A card game involving roses, generally a 1v1 match, a duel of sorts..

yeah but it's conspiracy so it would be a not-duel of the not-roses

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I built a U Delver pauper deck on MTGO for like 9 tickets total today. Am I playing Magic correctly now? I'm hoping leagues make me like MTGO again. But I doubt it.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

ShaneB posted:

I built a U Delver pauper deck on MTGO for like 9 tickets total today. Am I playing Magic correctly now? I'm hoping leagues make me like MTGO again. But I doubt it.

Hell yes, you are now playing the best format. What's in the deck?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Necronomicon posted:

Hell yes, you are now playing the best format. What's in the deck?

This pile of blue stuff: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/378554#online

If I like the deck/format I'll probably upgrade with some Snaps, and I know Daze is good here but it's very expensive online.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 25, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
isn't the fish version of delver better?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Zoness posted:

isn't the fish version of delver better?

Regular delver seems to place 5-0 more regularly lately. But having 2 colors is always nice. I mean it was literally 9 tickets so I'm not that concerned. I turned a random Thunderbreak Regent, Crackling Doom, 2 Rattleclaw Mystics, a Silkwrap, and a ticket I had lying around in my MTGO account into this entire deck. The Angler Delver list is more and doesn't seem to be overtly more powerful.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Speaking of: Played some friendly practice games of Pauper with Frozen_flame to learn my deck for the upcoming thunderdome.

I ended that Gushing myself to death.

Rimusutera fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 25, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
OK in my defence I'm not that aggressive in chat normally, Rimusutera deserves it. And yeah, if all my opponents decide to draw nothing until the last 5 cards this tournament is going to be so easy

E: And you should join the Thunderdome.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 25, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
pauper hasn't felt the same since they banned post, maybe I'll see if I can put together affinity and/or recover my modo account

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Frozen_flame posted:

OK in my defence I'm not that aggressive in chat normally, Rimusutera deserves it. And yeah, if all my opponents decide to draw nothing until the last 5 cards this tournament is going to be so easy

For the record we're friends. Don't let this colour your impression of their character.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Frozen_flame posted:

E: And you should join the Thunderdome.

Deets on this?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

ShaneB posted:

Deets on this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764731 is the thread.

Post with your modo name and planned deck. There are people willing to lend decks if you want to switch up.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Not posted yet?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

RubberJohnny posted:

Not posted yet?

Probably a generally worse version of Plummet, but I like how it can take out even the ones that normally wouldn't care about it like Sigarda.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Probably a generally worse version of Plummet, but I like how it can take out even the ones that normally wouldn't care about it like Sigarda.

The Mono Green answer to Emrakul.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sigarda doesn't die to this unless I'm missing something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

uh

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It does, however, kill Ojutai and thunderbreak regent (without the damage), which is actually relevant for standard..

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

the Orb of Zot posted:

Let me tell you about the rest of the text on Sigarda...

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

the Orb of Zot posted:

Yeah.. No. Sigarda has a second text box that is really relevant in this scenario.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Wow, I forgot she had that ability, whoops.

For Standard it does kill Ojutai when he's not swinging I suppose, and in Legacy/Vintage Emrakul dies to it.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Zoness posted:

pauper hasn't felt the same since they banned post, maybe I'll see if I can put together affinity and/or recover my modo account

Tron has filled the void that post decks left in pauper for me.

That new card confirms evil/corrupted Angels probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Has anyone pointed out that it doesn't kill Sigarda yet?

• Locked thread