Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

well done with the subtle hitler comparison

The meme has evolved beyond Hitler, End of Life Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

Further complicating hypothetical: suppose I discard Basking Rootwalla, cast it with Madness, sacrifice it to Viscera Seer, and then cast Shadow of the Grave. Do I get my Rootwalla back?

No, because it entered the graveyard from the field and was not discarded.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Discard card -> (Madness Triggers, enters THE MADNESS ZONE , you may now cast your spell, if you choose to cast it, put it on the stack, then back into THE MADNESS ZONE , leave this irrelevant point in discard. If you don't cast, continue as normal.) -> Put your card in the graveyard, where it wound up as a result of discarding.

Edit: So in regards to that 2 drop that makes the total of -1/-1 counters you put on your creatures one less, how does that work with Persist?
Do they just hit the board with no counter or is it business usual?

Melira 9-12 sounds dumb and stupid in Abzan company so I'm guessing it doesn't work that way.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Pretty sure they just come back as normal. And abzan company doesn't max out on the available 8 so it seems fine.

:ssh:The secret is that in addition to being your copies of Melira it goes infinite with Devoted Druid in the deck and allows you to tutor out the green god with Chord/CoCo into it to give everyone infinite attack:ssh:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

You have to play 3 bad cards (Druid, not-Melira, and the god) compared to 2 (Melira and Viscera Seer) in normal Company and you don't get the upside of being able to stack your deck so you also need to have a Chord or the god in hand.

The God is fine as a single and the deck runs 2 EWit to buyback Chords, just treat the Druids like you would Wall of Roots

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The other nice part of the combo is both pieces being two CMC, which means you can buy back either with the revolt man

E: I'm looking on Salvation and Duskwatch Recruiter/Ballista seem interesting in the deck

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

It's good to see we're still on the "Cards are DEFINITELY getting banned out of standard at the next b&r announcement" topic.

I mean, they probably are

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

the united airlines invitational card

I wonder how many times that joke has been made.

:regd08: +1 times

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I think there are some cycling cards that are good in control shells like Censor and Cast out but I don't think you want to be playing cards JUST because they cycle. Drake Haven seems unimpressisve.

I think the demon is very good at least sideboarded in a cycling control shell

Maybe it'll get enough support come next set, when they print a 5 mana cycling wrath

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

Why is everyone so adamant and sure cat is going to be banned?

Because standard is currently an overcentralized dumpster fire and part of that is everything needs a contingency plan for that deck if they want to operate

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Death Bot posted:

Because the second you make one set of bannings everyone's confidence gets shook

Well, more when the bans didn't solve the problem and standard is still on fire

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I don't know that it's possible to fix standard in one set...

It's not and the problems run deeper than bannings can solve but those are currently the only corrective action they have

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Better Splinter Twin

It's a lot of things but this is probably not one of them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

funny that you mention that

if you finish all these you're supposed to be able to cash this in for a ~~full art foil basic~~

God that thing is so stupid

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
An easy infinite combo is even more insufferable at middle levels of play because pros have a better idea of the lines to take to mitigate it, less skilled and more casual players be more likely to walk into the trap or may simply be unable to deal with it with what they have.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The first FNM tournament I played I got Splinter Twinned out.

That poo poo rolls downhill from the top tables, and there are probably people that pay enough attention at your store and are willing to buy 4 Saheeli.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lawnie posted:

That's the beauty of it, he's actually a fervent pervert.

I think it's a she

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

If this doesn't introduce the Goblin two drop I'll loving riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
After 1700 pages we really should probably have a new thread with a less lovely title

• Locked thread