Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
good luck to mcmagic, sincerely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Samael posted:

EDIT: 1 copy of blood dragon!? what the gently caress is that

well i googled it and found this http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dredging-blood-dragon/ but that's a legacy deck, so maybe it's some kind of knock-off of it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bhsman posted:

For anyone interested, Joe uploaded the entire game on Youtube (that will likely get taken down for music copyright at some point).

this was good as heck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
who is mangara, why were they in an amber prison

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

Kaervek tricked Jolrael into trapping Mangara in the amber prison so he could rule over Jamuraa duh.

kaervek is the merciless guy right, i remember this name

don't know who jolrael is tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the lands don't even become beasts, this is terrible flavor

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like looking at old alpha/beta cards and trying to figure out the oracle text cause i don't think any of them have the same text in paper and online

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

clone can be played if no creatures are in play now-a-days, fire the rules manager that's a functional change

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

Not true!

Stream of Life is, from my memory, the only non-creature card to have the same Oracle text from Alpha to present day. And I think the creatures only count because some just have "Trample" or another keyword.

none of the creatures count cause they all say summon on them, instead of creature

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i would like sorin to go back to being a pure black good guy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm really glad Dark Petition is seeing play in legacy and vintage while not really seeming to do anything in standard (don't know about modern but I assume it's not really being played there either)

I don't know, I just find it cool when a card sees play in those formats but isn't really broken

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JerryLee posted:

When I first saw Magic cards (a heck of a long time ago, maybe not quite 1996) mana was this strange new mystical term that conveyed a sense of wonder. I imagined my wizard actually reaching out to the Basalt Monolith and drawing forth its great flows of stored energy.

What I'm saying is that Wizards has, slowly and by degrees, pissed on any meaning that the nature of mana had for me so now I'm pretty much down with whatever makes it a little bit more mechanically elegant.

playing a game as a kid is different then as an adult, that's normal you know

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

reprint Stifle imo

i always liked that split second stifle from time spiral but since referencing the stack is verboten it will never be reprinted

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Allstone posted:

Maro actually posted on his tumblr that they could reprint split second - they'd just rejig the reminder text.

that's cool, it's not like it'd be hard to reword it, now to hope for another another time travel set so it can come back

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I never said there was?

he's being a pedantic idiot and saying that typed dual lands would be impossible, since wastes isn't a type

i mean they can easily just make a non basic land - forest with additional text saying tap for diamond mana, which is basically the same thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Markovnikov posted:

It's at least something new. BFZ had poo poo for new mechanics. Awaken is the most exciting thing in that set, and just barely. I'd rather they try and fail spectacularly than print a sub core set level of interesting stuff.

awaken isn't really anything but reverse evoke, to me at least

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like how photoshopped the wall on the right looks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Kiora sure is a little poo poo for somebody who supposedly is part U

thats in-line for the color tho???

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Cedric is the best commentator. :colbert:

maybe if you read that guys posts you'd realize he doesn't have a problem with cedric

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

In image

at first i thought this was actually upheaveal with upside but i guess putting a giant creature on an empty board is a little bit much

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also, surge is a hella cool mechanic

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it'll be interesting seeing who likes the emphasis on multiplayer and who doesn't cause then we can easily tell the people without irl friends

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

please let this mean wasteland is gonna be reprinted, it even fits flavorly!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

haha wasteland did make it, lol yeeeeess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i've never heard of kor haven

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
third post just to say that i'm surprised Strip Mine isn't on the reserve list

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what was urza's rage from, that one seemed kinda random

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

No. It's a Duel Deck Preview card.

you know what he meant you pedantic retard

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It's the only red sweeper available that's not converge. Why would it be win more? Pyroclasm is a good card that is used all over. Printing a new one for 3 seems pretty relevant in standard. It's dumb that it's mythic, but it could do some work. Radiant flames isn't anywhere near as good.

i agree with this but this card isn't being played in a deck with such a heavy reliance on fragile creatures

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

Big news for modo.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/year-of-modern-flashbacks-2015-12-14

10 ticket modern drafts a new set each week all year long non-phantom events.

i wonder if my account is still active, doing old drafts seems fun maybe

really i just wanna do kamigawa and see if i can't force the arcane mill deck everytime

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm a fan of SaffronOlive and think he's the best content producer out there right now but holy loving balls his new article about how "♦ is the SIXTH COLOR GUYS" is loving dumb. The fact that it operates as a casting restriction, of which there have been many in the history of MTG, solely in the Eldrazi set, doesn't make it a sixth color because literally nothing else in the game requires colorless and every single other colorless non-devoid card can be cast with Generic Mana. You might as well argue basically any casting restriction is in fact, a new color.

i thought it was pretty dumb too but i think all the people who can't seem to wrap there heads around the change are also dumb to be quite frank

like i instantly understood what was going on when i saw the change i don't understand how you couldn't tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Showing what was at the end of the flashback draft article

NOTE: Due to bugs currently impacting Darksteel rares Gemini Engine and Thought Dissector, Darksteel boosters opened during between the January 6 and January 20 downtimes will not contain these cards, whether in these events or through the collection. (Each pack will still contain a rare.) These cards can be opened again in Darksteel boosters after the January 20 downtime.

Great job dev team!

yeah that made me lol but luckily neither of those cards looked particuarly awesome so i'm fine with them being dead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so many loving colors maro has been killing magic for years!!!!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

its also not confusing at all

i am really amazed at how people are trying their damnedest to not understand an incredibly simple concept, that they are now visually indicating that colorless mana and generic mana are not the same so they can do colorless as a cost

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

We suffered through Thoughtseize Standard too recently to be hype about another, arguably stronger, 1 cmc discard spell.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh IoK is really good but thoughtseize is probably more powerful on the whole

i mean if it did get reprinted it would be played in every black deck just like thoughtseize so it doesn't really matter

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gensuki posted:

Could they print something which "ignores" hexproof? Cards that straight up ignore keywords seems like a weird enough thing for eldrazi to do.

Like a 3 mana naturalize that could target the untargetable?

They could also just make it say "choose an artifact in play. Each player sacrifices each artifact they control that shares a name with that artifact" if they didn't want break a rule for the sake of breaking it.

council's judgement does what you're talking about i think

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

The funny part is if you say to someone "oh neat now my Kozilek EDH deck has basic lands" they understand it with no problem. There are 5 colors + colorless. But try to say its a 6th whatever, hooo boy.

you know that's a funny thing too, Barry's Land has finally (sorta kinda) been printed but it's just like whatever, changing a symbol is what's causing the freakout

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

black potus posted:

literally all thats new is colorless cost which has been possible forever just never used. "you must spend at least two colorless mana to pay Kozilek's mana cost" or something. plenty of mana restrictions.

also how bout some sw8 pale moon synergy amirite

no man its new and impossible and it's breaking my mind

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

little munchkin posted:

I've never actually been to a keep draft do people actually do this?

no they just draft the goyf, i really don't know what that dude's talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Is there anything that replaces Jace in that 4-color CoCo deck? I finally got the manabase together and that motherfucker is the only thing I can't justify putting money behind.

no not really but i guess Elvish Visionary is a body and a card at the same mana cost

Mince Pieface posted:

How the hell did people get the idea wizards thinks 1R 3 damage is too good? They just like to have formats that leave out a classic option from one or more colors to see how things play out. I guarantee that Lightning Strike or whatever will be back and it won't be because Wizards realized they made a mistake; they never intended for it to be gone forever in the first place.

i don't think they think it's too good i think they just decided to see what would happen if it didn't exist as an option for a while, which is fine i guess

what i don't like is that they also decided to experiment with not having a one mana elf, which is just dumb but then i think oh turn 3 rhino and i guess i see why they didn't do it

• Locked thread