Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Minority Deport posted:

Why drive a car with a car when you could drive THIS with a car?

also here's not-tragic arrogance stapled to a 4/5

Cataclysmic Gearhulk 3WW
Artifact Creature - Construct
Vigilance
"When Cataclysmic Gearhulk enters the battlefield, each player chooses an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker among nonland permanents he or she controls. Then, sacrifice the rest."
4/5

Note it's each player chooses, not you choose. Still seems cool.

I can appreciate they're mixing it up, but I don't think anything should be called a Stomper without Trample

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Is "Mecatitan Cataclismico" Spanish for "a weapon to surpass Metal Gear"?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Count Bleck posted:

So instead of Goblins we have Gremlins?

Excellent.

Not excellent, my goblin EDH deck needs fresh blood damnit, not more of this creature type bloat bullshit

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Walked posted:

I don't want to get into another debate about the reserved list really but just wanted to share my thoughts currently.

First legacy deck I want to make and it's death and taxes (very similar to one of my modern decks that's why it appealed. Don't judge me!) everything is basically fine, although aether vials strike me as insane as it was an uncommon (which I gave away back in DST >_<), unfortunately the list relies on rishadan port. So drat expensive, I am a magic player with a long history, large collection and many decks and even I find it insane that I have to pay over 200 pounds just for one set of lands which are not even that great and not in many/(any?) other decks. Simply because it's reserved and the deck has gained some light recently.

TL;DR: if long time magic players can't even get into legacy what hope is there for anyone else?

http://www.reddit.com/r/magictcg/comments/5195ki/_/

Are we supposed to make fun of him because Rishadan Ports aren't Volcanics or Cradles? Because the cardboard yachtsmen club is a bit further down the sub forum

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Skyl3lazer posted:

Its...Cataclysm stapled to a body. Hence the name

Um I think you mean ETB not-quite Nevinyrral's Disk with power/toughness :shepface:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

tezz is head judge huh, can't believe he's a U/W character now

Esper Represent

Still want dat Crucius 'walker card

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I want there to be something like one black mythic in Aether Revolt that shows Tezz accidentally tracking in some Glistening Oil on his shoe, or keeping a bottle of it in his office and it breaks

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
People freaking out because they see 4 CMC and 4 abilities, never change MTG nerds

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
It's like Shards again but spreading a bit of that (colored) artifact love outside Esper colors

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

I'm still waiting for blue card draw

please don't make me play GB to get my hard control fix, it's not the same without the look of impotent rage when I counter things

So far it's looking like W/B, W/B a million years, Morty

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

The Rhino doesn't have trample or drain life so its obvious garbage from a design standpoint.

Speaking of Rhinos, at Modern night, the judge on Abzan threw three Siege Rhinos in a row at me, and I only won because he Nature's Claimed two of my Spreading Seas. gently caress you Siege Rhino!

(despite a 3-1 record I came in fourth, gently caress Elves so much. I would suck a dick to see a Heritage Druid ban)

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

Weird card

and then they ban collected company and I cum

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Oh baby, just what my UW Merfolk experiment needed against Norin Sisters, Burn, hell it even helps against Elves by keeping them from chaining Heritage Druid and suppressing Instant-speed blockers. A+

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The life gain is marginal for most matchups, but the tap effect one turn earlier than, say, Blind Obedience, can be huge.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is something that is still bugging me after I saw the full set. It is supposed to take place in a plane similar to ancient Greece so someone would expect the artwork to be relevant. Well, it is but only to some extent. Browsing through the cards I noticed a lot of the images depicting Africans, NOT Greeks. Since when my country is in Africa?

The first people to settle Greece came up from Africa, and for centuries afterwards there was trade across the Mediterranean which brought black (the Greek catch-all for them was "Ethiopian") traders, expatriates, and even slaves, after the defeat of Xerxes. Art from the time following Alexander suggests blacks were a significant minority in Greece, often taking up occupations as athletes or performers. So Arena Athlete is actually almost accurate

Four Score fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 13, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Boo, why did they give the uncommon whale a downside :(

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's 4 power in the air for 4 mana, that's pretty darn good

I'm not saying it's bad, but for the rarity and cost I'd usually expect a vanilla flyer. Most other recent 4/3 flyers at uncommon are 5 cmc with upside.

also I like whales

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Brownhat posted:

I like to picture Ajani as a member of The New Day.

Ajani is obviously Big E

But with the Eldrazi wrapped up for now, aren't Ugin and Bolas due for a rematch? Ajani already won round one, and his appearance does seem forced.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

I thought in one of the Magic video games he had a hedron crammed in his face which suppressed his ability to planeswalk (where said hedron was taken from Ob Nixilis, allowing him to get his groove back)

Nah, it just prevented him from turning into a demon like Nixilis and destroying Shandalar. He's still hunting and killing any Planeswalker he runs into.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Went 8-0-0 at Modern today with UW Merfolk, Path to Exile is so much more satisfying than Vapor Snag.

I also got my comeuppance against the Elves I lost to last week, first time when he got greedy swinging in for lethal with Ezuri, when I had 6 power of blockers to trade with that rear end in a top hat who thankfully can't regenerate himself. From there I slowly climbed back when all he was hitting was dorks.

Next game, when we were both down to 6 with fat boards, I swing in for 32 islandwalk.

His last card in hand? Fog.

My last card in hand? Swan Song :getin:

Four Score fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 14, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What a monster.

Swedish Fish are disgusting :colbert:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
This set has some boring-rear end uncommons and awesome commons

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Sigma-X posted:

having something better to do has never stopped someone from playing Magic: The Gathering

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

Protection is still in the game and you have to deal with it in the random circumstance that an Emrakul would die to a Kozilek's Return trigger

Never mind Emrakul is a 13/13, how would a creature that has Protection from Instants die to an Instant that does damage? Or is that your point?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
he phrased it poorly which is why I asked :colbert:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Old Man Mozz posted:

will you believe me if I said that I never actually thought of this? what a missed opportunity

well what are you waiting for!?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

also please please please make 2/2 blue Bird tokens for Swan Song TIA

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
fuuuuck verdurous gearhulk

and white. gently caress white in particular

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ, how are you supposed to deal with that loving Hydra on curve? It's bad enough it's basically a 5/4, but hexproof too means you can get poo poo on if you're relying on any kind of removal

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry you haven't discovered the joy of bouncing Thriving Turtle forever with Decoction Module for energy and beating someone to death with your other 12/15 Turtle

Seriously, if I didn't lose tiebreakers by 2 points, Turtles would have won me a 6 round prerelease. Well, Turtles and Saheeli Rai copying Torrential Gearhulk :getin:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

People still give modo money?

I gave them :10bux: to play Momir Basic the other day and immediately felt bad about it

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

ShaneB posted:

what

Notable rares/mythics:
Xenagos
Ashiok
Fleecemane Lion
elspeth, sun's champion
whip of erebos