Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I feel curmudgeony just looking at those cards and don't want them to be real.

Maybe it's time to take a break if I'm getting cranky about cardboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Ferrinus posted:

I think that's just the new, no-ambiguities way to say "{1}" now, just because that seems less insane than any alternative.

Well no, it specifically means "1 colourless". It can't mean "{1}" because that is colour agnostic in a cost.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Instant

Destroy Exile target Creature or Planeswalker.

edit: Wait, that's out of flavour. Fixed.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

Mods on mtgsalvation have confirmed that they are real.

But what do the Rockers have to say?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I'm not really sure how that made it in.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So, who is templating and proxying these up for cubes?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can we draft it?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Everyone got their CC statements after buying too much BFZ sealed product hoping for expeditions.

Personally, I haven't been to FNM in about a month, but that's more to do with my kids' bed times.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Shouldn't that be a 1/1?

Edit: ah, nm, I get it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

No one should play Magic honestly.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So you just answered your own question, right? What's the problem.

edit: Sorry, that sounds a bit aggressively worded, doesn't it? But yeah, you read the text and then it clears it up, right?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Yes, it does. A green creature taps for G, and a colourless creature taps for ◇, and you can use either of those to pay the 1 in a cost. You can only use G to pay G, and you can only use ◇ to pay ◇.

Heh, I guess I'm eating my words about this being simple, because... no, right?

quote:

For each colored mana in this spell’s total cost, you may tap an untapped creature of that color you control rather than pay that mana. For each generic mana in this spell’s total cost, you may tap an untapped creature you control rather than pay that mana.

As written you just can't pay ◇ with convoke, right? And that's fine and seems pretty apparent to me, but whatever.

(they'll probably change it?)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Niton posted:

there is no mana source which produces Generic Mana.
I think that's coming out in "Lock".

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Allstone posted:

and it could mean cool pushed artifacts/equipment later on if it's ongoing.
They've already kind of had this opportunity for a while when they made artifacts that required coloured mana. I guess this is probably even more freeing though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Look, I bounced your target so your spell fizzles. Why is that so hard to understand!?

quote:

Coloured artifacts bring in an extra frame, and they don't use them all the time (I think it was because they want to keep artifacts more different from enchantments?).

Also, If you're running an artifact that costs WW, then you can run Path in modern and you don't have to worry about your manabase. If you're running one that costs two colourless then...

Though I guess they don't really design with modern in mind, it's interesting.

odiv fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 8, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Does that have to be five distinct decks? Or just five top 8s?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We haven't seen any non-fullart wastes yet, right? I hope they're rare and super expensive.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So when do we start speculating on Boreal Druid? Or did I miss it?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So colourless is not "mana of any colour", right? Like BoP can't tap for it, I'm guessing?

I wonder what kind of interactions or consequences you wouldn't expect because of that.

I'm thinking of stuff like: New Kozilek couldn't be cast as uncounterable with Cavern of Souls if it's one of your only two sources of colourless mana, but could be if it isn't.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Cactrot posted:

Expeditions are a huge miss for me, the absurd rarity ensures that if I open any shiny rare land I'll most likely convert it into multiple non-shiny ones rather than holding onto it.

Yeah, I draft way too little to ever hope to open one of these. And then if you happen to open one online while spending the same amount of cash then woohoo, I guess.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also the aura from the last round that your opponent accidentally took.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The Canadian dollar is almost down to 70 cents American. Using all of my money to buy singles was apparently a good investment.

Seriously considering picking up the foil Lili down at the LGS now. The price sticker hasn't changed in months while our dollar has been falling.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just watch the antisemitism.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I wish wotc would trademark asscrack and then start issuing bans for any leakers.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

There was someone in this thread whose friend is a judge who got banned for tweeting about the spoilers after reading about it in this very thread.
This is kind of like a game of telephone.

If you look up the actual quote it says he tweeted them after they were in this thread. It doesn't say he got them from here.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So what is the likelyhood/upshot of someone like SCG running an unsanctioned event if they can't find a judge for a region?

Is that just a non-starter?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just sue for breach of contract then, right?

:lol:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Chill la Chill posted:

Now is a great time to get into force of will which p much plays the same but is improved. Before all your cardboard is worthless. :getin:

I don't even need to look at the username any more.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Are many eternal decks even capable of making colorless mana for Contortion? The duals that do aren't fetchable.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can't wait to play this game 1 in limited and then have my opponent holding extra cards all game 2 just in case.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hopefully it's just a lovely picture?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Should have been discard 2 unless you discard a planeswalker card.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That's a great resolution. I think I'll join you.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

No kidding. Non-exciting, utility potential 4-of at rare. For flavour reasons.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ 5 dollar Relic of Progenitus.

drat, I think I have a foil around here somewhere. Time to dig through my stuff.

Then again, I can just hold on to everything forever and then sell them for my retirement. Bubbles never burst, right?

All this mtgfinance poo poo is really making me wish I had finished my cube and modern deck a lot sooner.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Lancelot posted:

A standard deck which starts with:

4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Retreat to Emeria
4x Oath of Gideon
4x Oath of Nissa
4x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4x Hangerback Walker

Seems like it can't be too bad.

Too affordable. The Retreat is uncommon.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm hoping for some sort of Abzan CoCo deck with the Displacer.

Strangler seems good in it. (Yes I realize you can't process in the middle of Displacer's ability)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just couldn't be legendary, could it?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Have we seen anything with a casting/activation cost with C and another colour? We've seen them split like W in the casting cost of Displacer and C in the activation cost. But I don't think we've seen anything like WC yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

People always say this but then all of these definitely not speculated on cards never show up being played by people. Especially not in the numbers that are suggested by the price increase
You mean in big events or at all? I've definitely bought a bunch of cards online just for poo poo like Game Day and FNM.

:can: So I can't cast Ghostfire with Corrupted Crossroads for red yet, right? Hopefully they errata that soon.

(oh wait, looks like they won't: http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/130173159803/why-not-simply-reprint-ghostfire-with-devoid)

• Locked thread