Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Voyager I posted:

Other interesting riffles: Kalitas only triggers on death, so if their removal exiles your creature directly then they don't get the zombie.

It's a replacement effect. So it's not even a trigger you can miss. But you're right, exiling stuff won't give the Kalitas player a zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is it just me or does "Create" sound like it's going to be accompanied with an ETB rules change for tokens?

My guess is there are some seriously wordy cards coming in Kaladesh and they found room on cards by changing this vocabulary.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

I have more copies of charging badger than they're showing in that video.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
Went to FNM with Bant Superfriends hoping to acquire the 3 Nissas I'd need on site, not one available. So my deck wasn't ideal. Went 2-2 because Fevered Visions knocked in down to the x-1 bracket which was just soaked solid with Liliana/Emrakul decks. Ground out against three of those in a row.

What I learned:
-If you don't have your fastlands for a deck, Aether hub is only a good replacement IF you have other means of gaining energy. Avoid at all costs if you don't.
-Brisela's time might have come. She flatout won me two games.
-Don't bring your kid to FNM if he contracted hand, foot and mouth disease. Even if you have him wear latex gloves. Which were creepy.
-Buy Gearhulks. They're all great except the blue one.
-Angel of Invention + Displacer = some very good board states
-Always watch out for that kid that's playing a GU clues deck with Ulamog in it. Keep an eye on that lil fucker.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
We had a kid show up to FNM this week with latex gloves on. When we asked why he said "It's hand, foot & mouth disease. You're fine as long as you're not rubbing up against me." We all just stared at him and are all collectively pissed that he showed up.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
My LGS is running a Frontier format (M15 and forward) tournament tomorrow night. I've still got all my cards from then. What are some broken things that adding M15 can do? It's basically last month's format with M15, Khans, and Fate Reforged added.

I've identified these cards as significant from M15:
Lightning Strike
Stoke the Flames
Elvish Mystic
Satyr Wayfinder
Chord of Calling
Urborg
Ensoul Artifact
And Tormod's Crypt as our only form of graveyard hate in the format.

The obvious builds are
Rally the Ancestors with maybe adding Prized Amalgam
Boss Red with maybe Hanwier Garrison replacing Gobline Rabblemaster
Abzan Rhino
Jeskai Ascendency
GW Devotion subbing in Cryptolith Rites for Nykthos. Selfless Spirit as a 4-of.
Delirium adding Satyr Wayfinder over some of the hot garbage like Gather the Pack

Anyone got any fun ideas for the format? I'm leaning toward Boss Red if I want to win. GW Devotion if I want to have more fun than winning.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
I recognize his opponent. He's a local grinder and pretty nice guy, he even congratulated the guy who beat him on facebook. So this is a little local drama for me to chat up at FNM now, too. heh

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Sigma-X posted:

I don't understand why cheatfucker didn't cast the crumble turn 4?

That's actually good cheating. If you have the perfect card as soon as possible too often people will get suspicious faster.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
I've played Frontier quite a bit and it's fine for just having some fun with cards that would otherwise rot. I've got a GW Devotion deck that can actually close games thanks to Felidar Sovereign. It actually runs better with Cryptolith Rites than it ever did with Nykthos. It's missing Courser, but those just became Selfless Spirits, anyway.

The only real thing I'd do to the format is ban the fetches to make the mana not as near perfect as it is and slow down graveyard fillers. I think you've got a real level playing field once Rally has to make compromises on mana. I think it'd also be nice, if this format continues, to have an eternal format without fetchlands in it as an alternative.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm confused - does Frontier include Theros block or not?

The only devotion mechanic that deck ever had was 3 copies of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Frontier is M15 and forward. It confuses you while you're deck building. Cause you can use Rabble Master, and Hornet Queen, and all these goodies you remember rotating out with Theros, but none of Theros itself.

I guess you could just call the deck GW Whisperwood Elemental Hell now, if you wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Lets Pickle posted:

So far I've done 2 Modern Masters drafts and have drafted 5 Sedraxis Specters, 4 Mist Ravens, and 4 Dinrova Horrors. Format is sweet, can confirm. Best thing I've gotten to say during a game was "In response, Momentary Blink my Broodmate Dragon."

The best thing I've gotten to say is "Soulbond pair my Tandem Outlook with Niv-Mizzet", then watch that realization sink in on my opponent's face.

• Locked thread