Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not about hiring more devs; it's about pushing out a fix outside of the standard development cycle. Even a quick/simple fix needs to be tested and QA'ed and pushed live*.

*though FWIW, QA is probably where MTGO is the most understaffed

if you don't have api level automation (and this should eb handled by an api) written to cover stuff like this lol hell a unit test should be sufficient for "is bool there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
they do outsource streaming to a 3rd party lol

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Siivola posted:

The stories are written in-house by the creative team.

in house by randoms that want to write

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
astral slide doesn't work in an evironment pushing tokens sadly.

Surly Duff posted:

:effort:post incoming:

Like a lot of people in this threat, I was disappointed by the Amonkhet Masterpieces. I wanted to mess around and see if there was a way to get a layout that looked Egypt-y enough without throwing out everything good that current Magic layout does.

I ended up spending the better part of the day pulling these together:

There are lots of little things that are off about them, and in particular the mana symbols are pretty bad, but overall I'm happy with how they turned out, and I think the general concept of the cartouche shape worked well.

After making these, the thing that irks me most about the Masterpieces we got is the tiny tiny art boxes. All of the available Masterpiece art stands on its own well enough when taken to full art size - even the overly digital look of Maelstrom Pulse and Vindicate looks way better when you can actually see the whole piece.

it's amazing how many mock ups of alt invocations are somehow far worse than the actual invocations

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Being able to tap out as a control deck and still cast cards seems super relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Wotc gonna swerve us and one of them is pirates tribal with an errata of all precious unglued clams as pirates

• Locked thread