Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Manuel Calavera posted:

Or Bonnie, the best heistress.

shes also free, an amazing deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

UnknownMercenary posted:

AK/CAR pack lost a lot of value in the re-balance IMO. The DMR kits used to be ace (as far as DMR kits go) but the base game's M308 is the best one by far these days,

The rest of this post was truth, but for anyone who already has the DLC, a properly modded AMR DMR (including, unfortunately a couple of achievement locked items) beats the M308 in everything but acc concealment and threat. So the AMR is still pretty fuckin ace. edit: I don't have the jaeger body, but that would bring the stability to 48, the AMR still just edges it out.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Do you care about achievements? If yes, buy everything. Else, consider stuff on a case-by-case basis.

The only ones I would say are potentially not worth it are the Chivalry, Yakuza, AK/CAR, and Dragan.

The light crossbow (with HE) is a pretty amazing DW primary for Fugiminds.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Drewjitsu posted:

The light crossbow (with HE) is a pretty amazing DW primary for Fugiminds.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The only character pack you need is Hotline Miami.

次郎

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Afraid of Audio posted:

shes also free, an amazing deal

Forgot that, it's been so long. She's still the best.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

rapfan90 posted:

The rest of this post was truth, but for anyone who already has the DLC, a properly modded AMR DMR (including, unfortunately a couple of achievement locked items) beats the M308 in everything but acc concealment and threat. So the AMR is still pretty fuckin ace. edit: I don't have the jaeger body, but that would bring the stability to 48, the AMR still just edges it out.

Not in any ways that really matter. You're essentially trading better stability and accuracy for a larger magazine and a worse ammo pickup rate. The base damage is high enough that the firerate doesn't matter; you're destroying Deathwish Dozers with a single magazine using either gun and you wouldn't be using automatic fire on anything less to begin with. Also the damage increase is completely insignificant; both need Underdog basic to hit the next damage breakpoint.

Pre-Crimefest rebalance, the M308 was the clear loser because it couldn't hit maximum accuracy without locking to single-fire, and had less ammo than any rifle with the AK/CAR pack DMR kit attached. It's a side-grade at best; a side effect of stat normalization also making DLC less desirable.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 26, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm gonna nudge the mods of the steam forum to create another achievement suggestion thread. Achievements can be pretty quick to implement and give folks like me (and a lot of us in this thread, and a large part of the playerbase) something new to shoot for now that we have everything in the game.

Getting in on the ground floor, What do you think would be good achievements to add to Payday 2?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Discendo Vox posted:

What do you think would be good achievements to add to Payday 2?

Black Marketing: Complete any heist with all four crew members using a stat-boost weapon skin.

:v:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

isndl posted:

Black Marketing: Complete any heist with all four crew members using a stat-boost weapon skin.

:v:

You might as well just call that "salt production."

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Wallflowers: Complete Nightclub with a full group while never having more than one person inside the club at any given time on Overkill or above.

Shoulder of Pork: On Deathwish, secure the pig on Slaughterhouse without throwing it once.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 26, 2015

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Allen Wren posted:

You might as well just call that "salt production."

Build a whole rainbow of achieves around it. Buy a drill, sell a drill, buy 10 drills... Uh ok maybe not.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Hiding it in plain sight: On DW Watchdogs, leave the coke in the truck until the loot driver arrives on D1 and don't move the coke from the truck till the boat arrives on D2 (protip: walk out of d1 with bags on your back to have some coke safe at start of d2)

There, and back again: Secure all (deposit too) the gold on DW Big Bank Heist using rooftop escape without having any gold touch the ground.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

For those pro Payday 2 nerds in and around Sweden, time to git gud at Slaughterhouse.

http://dreamhack.se/dhw15/2015/11/26/byoc-tournaments-in-payday-2/

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Elemental Mastery: complete a heist with you and your four-man crew using one explosive weapon, one poison weapon, one fire weapon, and the Buzzer

Roasted Pork: complete Slaughterhouse with you and your four-man crew using flamethrowers, molotovs, motherforkers, and chef hats

isndl
May 2, 2012

maswastaken posted:

For those pro Payday 2 nerds in and around Sweden, time to git gud at Slaughterhouse.

You gotta play with their tournament version of the game, so no mods. I don't know if I'd want to be tryharding with janky controls and no HUD to track the tedious poo poo.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Salt Miner: get kicked from a game when you have a weapon skin equipped.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Elemental Mastery: complete a heist with you and your four-man crew using one explosive weapon, one poison weapon, one fire weapon, and the Buzzer

Roasted Pork: complete Slaughterhouse with you and your four-man crew using flamethrowers, molotovs, motherforkers, and chef hats

I highly approve of both of these

Great Beer posted:

Salt Miner: get kicked from a game when you have a weapon skin equipped.

But wait, then pubhosts wouldn't kick people for having gun skins, because it'd unlock a worthless achievement for the shill! :v: I highly approve of this idea now

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

maswastaken posted:

I guess no limitations on what players can bring or level restrictions/minimums. It would be interesting to see what gear an builds are used for this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
under normal circumstances i wouldn't think a drat thing about people mentioning 'tournament version' of the heist ad nauseum, simply figuring that it removes some of the RNG maybe

but again, after the last abortion that was the white xmas heist, i have a sneaking suspicion there will be some horrific curve ball thrown 1/3rd of the time just so statistically overkill will gently caress up one of the runs just to see how people react

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I really want to dupe a keycard at a tournament now

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ClonedPickle posted:

I really want to dupe a keycard at a tournament now

Let's make it happen.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I do want to hear people breaking their Tournament build over its knee to watch how overkill reacts.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Score is based purely on time, but there's a 10 second penalty for going down. No mention of loot as a tiebreaker so it's going to be minimum bag runs, though there's the possibility that they'll change it for the tournament build?

Wonder if the tournament build just puts you at V-100 and has all DLC/decks/weapons/mods unlocked automatically. On the other hand, a base game only tournament would lead to some hilarity.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

isndl posted:

Wonder if the tournament build just puts you at V-100 and has all DLC/decks/weapons/mods unlocked automatically. On the other hand, a base game only tournament would lead to some hilarity.
It's not like you need DLC to get good performance out of the M308 and the Deagle, although having the scope mount does help.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Maybe this is what will lead Overkill to realize that the M308 and Deagle are hilariously overpowered, but it'll probably just lead to them making them have 20 bullets total or something dumb.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I love payday 2 and competitive payday is just the dumbest poo poo to me, I don't get it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm trying to wrap my head around what a "tournament version" of slaughterhouse would look like. Presumably they'd flatten the variance on some of the scripted spawns, like the hallway bulldozers. But would it always have the same escape route? Would they default it to turret spawn and no Winters (despite Winters arrival also activating other scripted spawns in the escape)? Will they remove the randomization of container contents, which are the core of an effective DW strategy in the yard?

It would be really, really hard for this to be even remotely fair between teams and attempts, especially on DW.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
realistically i think what the 'tournament edition' of pd2 will look like is:

no levels, always V-100
all dlc
no money limits
only heists with an upcoming or active tournament

eof, that would not be very difficult to set up, while normalizing stuff would require a fair bit of testing and tweaking. they're attempting to address the inevitable variances with the 3 runs rule. it is a little like baseball and tennis that respect - a series is standardized to be a specific number of individual games because anything can happen in a single game of these sports. even a much better team can lose due to a big home run and even a champion tennis player can lose if they stumble and get aced. however, over 7 games in a baseball series or the 3 games in a tennis set (and the multiple sets in a full match), these variants are smoothed over and you generally get something that feels fair.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Wolf only, no dlc, harvest and trustee

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Overkill is massively stepping up its employee presence in the forums. Full profiles here, I'll transpose them in a bit.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around what a "tournament version" of slaughterhouse would look like. Presumably they'd flatten the variance on some of the scripted spawns, like the hallway bulldozers. But would it always have the same escape route? Would they default it to turret spawn and no Winters (despite Winters arrival also activating other scripted spawns in the escape)? Will they remove the randomization of container contents, which are the core of an effective DW strategy in the yard?

It would be really, really hard for this to be even remotely fair between teams and attempts, especially on DW.

I think the only thing that would really make or break the map as far as time goes is whether you get the turret or Winters, so presumably they'll remove the variance on that.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Are steam forums canon?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

swims posted:

Are steam forums canon?

No the only absolute canon outside of the games is the live-action trailers and everything in my head of course

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

No the only absolute canon outside of the games is the live-action trailers and everything in my head of course

This, but my head. Death Vox is Real.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I think the only thing that would really make or break the map as far as time goes is whether you get the turret or Winters, so presumably they'll remove the variance on that.

If Winters gets into position it activates a bunch of additional unique spawns (such as a pair of dozers) in the crates leading to the escape. This is mostly important because those spawns stand there taking up spawns that would otherwise be attacking you in the yard. Also, the contents and location of the crates in the yard can make the yard trivial (and really fast) to run, depending on where the different contents spawn. One of them was actually patched out of payday 1 for being too easy to exploit, iirc.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 27, 2015

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Fellis posted:

I don't like this because this means Kung-fu hector is real :catstare:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Sex Robot posted:

I don't like this because this means Kung-fu hector is real :catstare:

It's only disappointing because he didn't immediately cloaker kick you when you opened the vault door. :colbert:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

OP posted:

Otherwise, there aren't any objectively bad DLC packs.

The Medieval pack is quite terrible, but its saving grace is the explosive bows. Especially the crossbows, because I have no clue how to aim the English longbow.

Also, agree that Death Wish is a lot more manageable than it used to be. Because of the greater range of weapons (admittedly, many locked behind paid DLC) and skills It's now legitimately challenging rather than the utter bullshit difficulty it was initially.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

The Medieval pack is quite terrible, but its saving grace is the explosive bows. Especially the crossbows, because I have no clue how to aim the English longbow.

Also, agree that Death Wish is a lot more manageable than it used to be. Because of the greater range of weapons (admittedly, many locked behind paid DLC) and skills It's now legitimately challenging rather than the utter bullshit difficulty it was initially.

Good new! Ultra Mega Deathwish will be available soon! Numbers skewed slightly higher to make use of those otherwise pointless stat skins. New enemey: the Salesman. He knocks you over like a cloaker and only lets you up if you pay him 2.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Sperging about Chromatic Aberration and a fix

Have you ever noticed (or been driven insane) by the fringes of red and blue on the edges of objects in game? This is Chromatic Aberration, and this game has it turned up to 11. Here's an imgur album someone made that I am going to liberally steal from.

Here is what Payday 2 looks like by default, notice the colored fringes on the wooden doorframe on the left and the white paper labels on the boxes on both sides:

Here's what it looks like without CA, the colored fringes are now gone and you can more easily read the black text on the white paper labels on the boxes:

I think the CA is a nice effect at the center of the screen by default, it makes things vibrant and feel hyper-real, but it really breaks down at the edges and becomes distracting and ugly. I think the strength should be turned down a lot and preferably be made optional or controllable. In the absence of that...

Here's a patch I found that will disable the color fringe effect: Direct download from BitBucket. The patch contains a .exe that will modify a Payday 2 game file, use at your own risk!. It includes the source code so you can tell exactly what it does, VirusTotal says it's clean, and I am using it happily for what it's worth. AFAIK there's no cheat protection or anything in PD2 so there's no risk of a VAC ban or something like that at this time, and you can always either restore the backup or verify your game cache to replace it.

While we're here, check out the No Dirt Camera mod that removes the grit and stuff from your screen that appears when staring at light sources. That just goes in the mod_overrides folder in the assets folder like normal.