Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Deathwish also isn't as hard as it once was. Player (read: goon) skill has increased, as well as each player having more tools to deal with bad situations, it's never been a better time to start grinding those DW cheevos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

I have to say I'm kind of jealous of the mask the console players are getting

Holy poo poo, that's an awesome mask. :perfect:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

I was trying to read up on every possible option, build wise. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/msnLhjeFGBCDa:eHIeFgDa:geCa::: This is where i'm at right now, i'm level 72 so i have 9 more skill points to go. Its worked out so far, i figure on overkill you can just do whatever and it'll be fine.

I do wanna be as optimal as possible though., 28 more levels for infamy then i'll try out a dodge build of some sort.

As you're levelling, I find that the grinder deck patches a ton of survivability holes that lower level characters have.

Your build is missing 11 points in ghost (aced sprinter, aced fast hands, basic cat burglar, basic shinobi), and 6 points in fugitive (aced thick skin or hidden Blade, basic run and gun). You have aced transporter already, which is good.

Drop some points out of enforcer for the time being to get aced inspire, which is the best skill in the game.

Once the mastermind tree is complete (along with the other suggestions I've mentioned), then start plowing points into enforcer.

For overkill, your build should look like this, until you start getting infamy discounts:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjeFGBCDa:eqrOklHIjEFgDa:ghECda:feDa:::

DW changes the mastermind tree a bit, as aced control freak is pretty good (for the escape driver asset), and instead of combat medic, you ace painkillers instead. (like so: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhJEFGbcDa:eqrOklHIjEFgDa:ghECda:feDa:::)

If you don't have the grinder deck, the max out enforcer first (along with the ghost and fugitive quality of life skills), and then finish off by getting the mastermind tree finished.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

As far as perk decks go, i've got armorer and crew chief fully maxed and rogue 1 off being maxed. I'll get on grinder after that and try it out. Thanks a ton for the advice.

Current op as gently caress perk decks:
Muscle (techforcer, but any build with ICTV really) , grinder (suit builds)

A-tier:
Sociopath (masterforcer)
Infiltrator (masterforcer)
Rogue (Fugimind)
Gambler (techforcer)

Sneak tier:
Burglar

poo poo tier:
Everything else

Shittier than poo poo tier:
Hitman

This is subject to change, as there are some very interesting changes to the armorer deck in an upcoming patch. Not sure if it makes it worth it, but it's worth experimenting for.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Can you explain why Muscle is better than Armorer?

Armor is great because it regenerates. So when you have both health and armor regenerate, you're basically invincible! In addition, disturbing the peace is amazingly useful (and even more so if they change it to include every weapon instead of the LMG/SMG/Sniper weapons only as it currently stands).

As stated, Armorer is good, but since the Muscle deck got health regen, armorer's value has depreciated somewhat. In order to combat this, overkill is looking to add an invincibility after your armor breaks for the armorer deck (which might make it good again).

Still, in a game where health is a somewhat limited resource, having something that gives you health back, without using a consumable, breaks the system. So if you notice, all of the "good" perk decks provide some way to give you health back (or are so grossly strong as to allow for an entire playstyle - *cough* rogue fugimind *cough*).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Do you care about achievements? If yes, buy everything. Else, consider stuff on a case-by-case basis.

The only ones I would say are potentially not worth it are the Chivalry, Yakuza, AK/CAR, and Dragan.

The light crossbow (with HE) is a pretty amazing DW primary for Fugiminds.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Unmarked 34 MB update and a post about a CRIME.NET BREACH. It's happening.

edit: it's a message from an Armadillocorp hacker hired by Murkywater to take down crimenet. He says he can do it with the push of a button, but is offering to instead have the gang work for him and he will give them "imformation and material" related to Murkywater.

So loving called it. Time for maximum :smugbert:.

Goddammit overkill. You know, I was totally okay with micro transactions, lovely safes, low effort skins, and the like.

But now you're indulging a clearly crazy man with his clearly crazy difficulty tweaks?! I'm done.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

:words:Death Vox:words:

Ooh! *scribbles furiously* (few of my designs actually have significant permutations, actually- they're too hard to design around while avoiding "gently caress you difficulty" along the lines of the watchdogs bridge. My goal is to never make a player see something happen, then restart the heist to try to get an easier outcome.)

The watchdogs bridge is loving brilliant, and I want to say that even people in an ICTV with no additional movement skills can make the jump (I know it's possible in an ICTV with sprinter ace and basic shinobi). It's bad for people who are bad at platforming (who are bads). It's not even gently caress you difficult, it's precisely the sort of thing your nerd boner, aka Death Vox, advocates for. Watchdogs is actually a good DW map (aside from the general fuckery of increases cop spawns/health/damage, because it forces you to come up with a different strategy to complete the map, as both the bridge is out on Day 1, and the building is closed on day 2.

:colbert:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

General consensus during the period after the DW update was that the bridge can't be jumped with anything heavier than HBV. Bear in mind that multiple skill changes, such as the perk deck changes, have made adjustments to movement speed in the interval since then. Even if possible, the bridge jump represents an RNG-based unevenness of difficulty that encourages players to restart to get a more favorable outcome, and that's Goldfarb-twisted-darksouls bad.

I think closing the warehouse on day 2 was good, but they really shoulda blocked off that side platform as well. Iirc my revisions included more bags and made it so the boat would arrive at all three locations.

I want to say that I beat it when it came out, and I sure as poo poo made that jump in an ICTV, with movement skills.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Uhh....that's totally the spot you camp out and crush the first half of that map. I would recommend that spot as it is close to the drill and the next objective to boot.

Git gud. :colbert:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Optimizing a gun does not mean using the "best" gun all the time, nor does it even necessarily mean doing the same thing that someone else does. Not optimizing a gun does not mean using the worst gun you can find, either. In any case, the AMCAR is totally usable, so...

Dude, just shut the gently caress up. This is an advice thread, as much as it is anything else. Saying "all things are fine, see you later!" Isn't giving advice to someone who doesn't know any better.

As I've always stated, there will come a time when a new player, who needs a bit of handholding. Eventually, he will get to the point where he doesn't need that anymore.

Those people aren't going to ask for advice, and your immensely lazy retort of "everything is good" applies at that point. Congrats.

For people who want some advice, why are you so dead set against giving it to them?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

In case you missed in on twich (and I did), one of the stems of Viklund's (hallowed be his name) new tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bRaiec1rw

:ocelot::sweden:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

The new heists look awesome, and the new heister should include a new weapons (the sniper rifle, the Jericho Pistol, some sort of melee weapon) and a perk deck, perhaps? The music seemed pretty good too.

If overkill is going to leverage every new movie that deals with crime (or heists), for some reason I feel okay with this.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

John Wick was about heisting? I thought that was just revenge and action. I wonder if people went to Starbreeze or they went after asking for a tie in with this film.

Hopefully Ramirez can be rounded out by Danny Trejo because goddamn it he was in Heat.

Seriously though, if there this into cross-promotion, why not a Reservoir Dogs heist? Come full circle and have an officially sponsored HEAT map (with heister!) etc.

That would be loving fantastic.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

I'll tell you what I told that other poster: If you have an issue with my particular topic of discussion here in the Payday 2 thread on a discussion board, feel free to start your own thread of conversation.

Holy poo poo, :frogout:.

You don't get to shitpost, then whine about it, then demand that the other posters start their own thread.

Take a break, jivjov.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I think that's a pretty dang cool mechanic, on paper. Now all we have to see is how it plays out.

Also, anyone who wants to trade a payday con mask (or two) for the upcoming Point Break heists, let me know. I have the masks, you have the second copy of the heists. I gotta get rid of these things.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Both heists own, the group I was with owned, and thanks to them, I finally have 100% again. The new perk deck looks crazy, but I never got a chance to try it with my fugimind build.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

With the hilarious buff to Disturbing the Peace, there isn't!

new heists are great, all hail microtransactions

Muscle is now firmly atop the Perk deck mountain, casting all unbelievers into the pit of despair known as "The Hitman Perk Deck." Even with the proposed changes to the rest of the perk decks, I don't see how they can compete with passive health regen and Disturbing the peace. Maybe if they made the extra cop aggro +100% or something.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

watho posted:

Not really since it can't get the same spread as the Mosconi can and Jocelyne's ammo cap was reduced in the crimefest rebalance. It still edges out the Mosconi with the ammo pouch but only barely and that means you can't put on the wrist-wrecker stock.

The Mosconi is also better as a fugitive HE delivery mechanism, although the plains rider bow or the light crossbow are better than the Mosconi. :smith:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

Not when Swan Song is involved. :getin:

This is correct. Swan Song HE Mosconi owns. :black101:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Goredema posted:

Good points. I'll have to keep Low Blow aced or else I don't have the points to unlock the top tier, and for some weird reason Trigger Happy doesn't apply to Akimbo.

And sacrifice what in its place? I played with Swan Song last go around, and it never felt as incredible as everyone seems to advertise. For the same 12 points I could ace Uppers, have a billion first aid kits, and not have to Swan Song all the time in the first place.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying Grinder right now. The ability to regen Armor and Health feels really good.

EDIT: In an attempt to not be THAT INTERNET GUY, I'll give the following build a try. And yes, I included Swan Song. :rolleyes:

Aced swan song is like aced inspire. If you're doing really well, you never realize how good it is, but when poo poo goes down, boy howdy does it's value show.

Also, what DLC do you have? Akimbo has always felt like a gimmick to me, especially with the new pistol changes, because the secondary heavy pistols (like the deagle/baby eagle) are tremendously good.
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSomHiJEFGbcDa:eDa:ghECda:fqroKMJEGCda:iba:pr8N8::w84-1:s18-20-32-34-12-39-8:a1 (requires the Wild west dlc)
or
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSomHiJEFGbcDa:eDa:ghECda:fqroKMJEGCda:iba:pr8N8::w93-1:s18-14-32-34-12-39-8:a1 (requires the Medieval Pack DLC)

Are really good cop killing dodge/grinder builds. Again, these builds don't use akimbo, but they do have a way to kill shields on the regular, which is always nice.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I think Jiro's melee weapon is still technically the best in the game?

The ice pick out of the point break heists is exactly the same (same swing, damage, charge, knockdown, etc), minus 25 points of range, BUT +3 points of concealment. The finest hanzo steel is 27 conceal, and the ice pick is 30.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Goredema posted:

1. Ace Spotter is in case I drop into a pub game that's stealthing. At least I'll have something to do other than leave immediately. But yeah, it could be sacrificed.
2. Duck and Cover was an oversight last night. I've messed around with the build this morning and ended up with a revised build that removes Duck and Cover.
3. From my (limited) experience so far, I've found that my main contribution to teams has been to run around rescuing team mates about to die by sprinting over to them and applying liberal DPS. I've also noticed that for some reason, people on pub servers have a severe bias against using first aid kits if there's a doctor's bag anywhere on the map. I figured that Inspire aced would make up for a lack of an upgraded deployable.
4. Wait, what's that about Gunslinger not being worth acing? That would save me a ton of points! I could do something like this with Mastermind instead, and have a sidekick to help out.

You have multiple skill builds now, AND most spergy pubbie hosts will indicate that their lobbies are quiet (or loud) there isn't a real reason to ace spotter on a loud build anymore.

You don't need aced gunslinger anymore because all of the good loud pistols hit the requisite damage breakpoints without it.

I think there is a an argument for the dealer with gunslinger on DW to one shot tans in the head.

Although I think that due to the rebalance th at doesn't work anymore.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tulip posted:

Didn't say I wanted all of them. My typical grindr uses feedback so not that much of a change to grab silencer skills instead.

What's the selling point on the buzzsaw?

It has the fastest firing rate out of the LMGs, but I prefer the KSP over it. The buzzsaw is also more inaccurate, although with a bi-pod, that issue is generally fixed.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Isn't the extended mag for the LEO locked behind the meth lab on dockyard? That's probably the only brutal one, aside from killing dozers with the g3.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

If you're having trouble with precision aiming, you've got some big problems since the G3 is really good right now. There's a bunch of dozers in general and the 80 something heavy rifle damage shred overkill bulldozers.

The current King of the heavy AR rifle is the m308, which is dlc free. This is, of course a comment which applies to DW.

I was never really impressed with the g3. I'll have to check that out, post rerebalance.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

G3 DMR is pretty good, pretty much identical to the M308 now except that I like the way it looks and also the sights on it better than the M308 in my opinion.

Who uses the default sights on guns? Look at this bad opinionhaver.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Was there supposed to be a heist today, or did I hallucinate that?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

A ton of long-awaited bugfixes, too!

Changelist 92:
Adjusted the position of the Zodiac in the Birth of Sky job :tinfoil:

I think they mean this Zodiac:
http://www.zodiacmarineusa.com/

Not the constellation zodiac.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

My favourites:

Mask of the moon
Surgical mask (although how you would make that mega is beyond me)
Dr. Crime
Gage blade
Hockey heat community version
Hard mask
DW mask

Basically all the masks with large flat surfaces so that your patterns and colours don't get hosed up.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

RandallODim posted:

Popping shields with an HE Judge from across a room is supremely satisfying.

I was using an he judge to crush snipers on Santa's workshop. Feels good.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Does that mean sticking accuracy on a Judge is probably a good idea? Also, Ice Pick or Kunai? The attack delay on the Ice Pick was slightly annoying when I tried it once.

Ice pick is more concealable and hits like a truck.

On the other hand, the kunai makes people puke. :shrug:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Man this game's music is on loving point

It's one of the things that makes game so goddamn great. Simon Viklund is a living saint.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The Vertex feels like everything I want in an SMG. How's it hold up on Deathwish? I don't know what the current breakpoints are.

They haven't changed (but remember that they are different than on ovk difficulty due to increased cop health and reduced headshot modifier).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Elman posted:

Hey, I recently bought this and I was wondering: I've running a Mastermind/Enforcer build until now, but I realized Joker is pretty underwhelming, most people run ammo bags and I probably won't like moving slowly with the ICTV. So I made some changes:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSNLhJEFgBCDa:eIjeFDa:tJGBda:ghiEfgCda:fEfCDa:::

Does this build look good enough for Deathwish? The idea is being the main Inspire/Medic guy while having a bunch of utility and support skills.

Your build is all over the place. You have multiple build slots now, so taking quiet skills on loud builds is strictly suboptimal now.

If you're asking about DW builds, I'm going to assume that you don't have a lot of experience with dw. While grinder works well on DW, it's much easier to get the hang of DW while playing in an ICTV. It's a very different experience from ovk difficulty, with a tremendous amount of bunkering down, instead of ranging all over the map, slaying cops at will.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhJEFGbcDa:eqrOklHIjEFDa:ghEgCda:feDa::: (no infamy, just like your proposed build)
With the muscle deck + m308 + he loco/regular loco.

Aced Combat medic is a trap on DW, because you only get picked up with 10% health (so compact medic increases that to 13%, so totally not worth it.). aced cable guy isn't worth it either. There are very few maps where you need to tie down a bunch of people, that you shouldn't just stealth anyway.

Good luck, and remember that sometimes you just get rolled due to a bad set of spawns (most likely those motherfucking black dozers). When things go smooth though, it's a great loving feeling.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

:thejoke:

There's really no good reason I'm not camping the stairs yet. Maybe after my 1st infamous so I fit in with all the cool spadehavers.

Jesus Christ, just play with goons you sperg. We will only make fun if your nerd voice for the first week or so.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

isndl posted:

But if you shoot the driver you'll never live it down.

This is correct. Never shoot the driver.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

Hey, HEY, I'm the one with a nasty southern accent, don't you take that away from me. :colbert:

Is that what you think you sound like? :v:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Stick Insect posted:

I'm using the Rattlesnake and Locomotive. The Rattlesnake has the Theia scope so Spotter seems obvious for a nearly effortless bonus.

Rattlesnake sucks. R93/nagant/platypus 70 is a superior sniper option, and the m308 is the better choice if you want a high rate of fire non-shield killing device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Stick Insect posted:

Stupid question: What's wrong with it?

Not stupid at all. Snipers are really all killing shields. Thus you should be doing that. Killing regular dudes is accomplished with better tools like lmgs, AR's, flamethrower, all of which have higher rates of fire than the Rattlesnake.

The Rattlesnake doesn't his hard enough to kill hard targets fast enough, and doesn't have enough of a high rate of fire to kill waves of common trash.