Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yeah, if John is recommending it, you know it's poo poo, as he is a bad opinionhaver. Moreso then most of the other bad opinionhavers, who I disagree with on minor issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Geight posted:

e: Nvm, I may have misunderstood a skill.

Does Ace Tough Guy increase your time to custody, or the amount of damage you can take before you can't fight back while downed?

Aced tough guy should give you infinite health while downed. And even then, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Original idea for my patented Death-Jitsu difficulty rebalance. Do not steal.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

isndl posted:

Cap damage from explosive sources a la Cat Burglar. Walk through tripmines and eat grenades without giving a single gently caress. :getin:

New idea, aced tough guy gives you x% damage reduction. 5? 10? Something like that.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Because we really need help with survivability at this point.

True, but still, how do you make aced tough guy worth a poo poo?

Although I realize there are a ton of lovely skills that need some attention.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Sticking to a regiment of OVERKILL or above is the best way to learn the game and gain confidence in any play style you can think of. To go lower is to limit your cop killing potential by staying in the baby pool longer than you ever needed to - which is arguably never.

With a handful of hours in the game, and a few runs of being carried, coupled with Gage coins from goonmod, you really should be on overkill difficulty at a minimum. Everything below that is for Cheevo hunting or mask collecting.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

New cheevos are up!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Basticle posted:

At this point i am but an unquestioningly loyal child soldier in overkills west african dictstorship army

Not empty quoting. Sweet merciful Christ.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bootcha posted:

Join the party.

Charging handle on the wrong side, immersion ruined.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gotdamn is Eric a dapper motherfucker.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Heat street live action movie?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Payday 2: Crime Dad, pubbie bads, micro transactions make you mad, but Vlad is glad. Game is rad.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Wanna help me with that deathwish achievement, buddy?

I'm down. I have that poo poo down to a science.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

DW lab rats isn't the best- so much comes down to where the set of bags spawn. I still have trouble understanding how someone can safely clear the cloaker safe on DW.

I think it has more to do with where the zip line closest to the truck spawns. If it spawns by the truck, great! If its by the cloaker safe, it's very brutal.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I am a monster, and I'm not really a fan of the kawaii mask, but mega kawaii being sailor moon? :golfclap:

The predator mask owns. Hopefully it takes a camo pattern well, or the claw markings.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

"Fixed an issue where players could avoid bleed out after Swansong by getting tased"

So much for that little swan song bonus. Tazers aren't your friends anymore. :cry:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

How do fugiminds work weapon wise, do you need to go akimbo, low blow aced or not?

This is the bare-minimum for fugiminds (http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSomHiJEFGbcDa:eDa:ghECa:frKmiJEfGCda:ibcdea:pR8:::). You have 17 points remaining (although realistically, you should dump basic Sixth Sense and Winstone Wolfe and pick up aced Uppers. This leaves you with 11 skill points) to kit out your dude. My fugimind build looks like this:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSomHiJEFGbcDa:eIFDa:tda:ghECda:frKMJEGCda:ibcdea:pR8:::

Although you could make the argument for aced Kilmer:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSNoHiJEFGbcDa:eIFDa:ghECda:frKmiJEfGCda:ibcdea:pR8:::

Current Best Loadout is a Baby Deagle/Deagle (depending on if you want a larger mag on higher fire rate)+HE Plainsrider Bow (if going with Deagle)/Light Crossbow (with +1 Concealment on either) and the Ice Pick or other 30+2 concealment melee weapon. That maxes out sneaky bastard giving you 45% dodge while standing still or moving, 60 dodge while crouching, and 70% dodge while sprinting.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

Thanks dudes, i'll try both akimbo and kilmer. I already aced swan song though, it is amazing. edit: can you run doctors bag as well, or does it need to be first aids kits?

Fugimind with doc bags is a little clunky, because you really want to get to sneaky bastard (unless you're doing a grinder build). I've never been really impressed with akimbo pistols - they are the equivalant of a really lovely rifle that you can't ADS with. :colbert:

Fugimind-Grinder with doc bags:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjEFGcDa:ekHIjEFgDa:ghECda:fKEFGCda:ibcdea:pN8:::

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

those are bad and please stop

He likes bad HUDs. It checks out that he has bad taste in music. :v:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

beats for junkies posted:

Masks!

I think the white tiger is one of my favorite mask-creations.

Overshill!

Holy poo poo those are awesome! And also give me great ideas.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Have I missed anything of interest in the last fifteen pages? Work has kept me from keeping up.

Infamy 3.0 on the horizon, perk deck changes and skill tree changes soon.

New heist soon(?) judging from files that have been hacked out of the beta.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hobold posted:

Murphy's law was pretty drat annoying when I did it. Then my loving buddy got it onlike the second or third time ever doing that map.

e; 133 from 100%, which I'll never get because at least two of those are no longer doable. Hurray! :negative:

Murphy's law is dead easy with HoxHud (although you have to get hoxhud), as hoxhud will tell you the number of spawned loot bags on the map. Continue to restart the map (on normal), until you see 0 lootbags on the indicator and then crush the map on Normal.

I did it first attempt. :kamina:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gunspergs:

What sort of weird pump-action famas looking motherfucker shotgun is dallas using in the hardcore harry trailer?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

widespread posted:

I'm guessing either the DP12 or the Neostead 2000.

Fellis posted:

Without looking, gonna guess NS2000

Sadly it is neither of those.

Here's an image of it from the trailer:

E;eb Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Z! :argh:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh gently caress guys. I figured it out.

We have zombies, guys with telekenisis, and a guy who comes back from the dead.

That explains how Jacket ended up in this universe... if all that poo poo is possible, so is dimensional rifts.

When Miami is nuked at the end of HLM2, and you start Hard Mode, Jacket isn't there. Richard is. That's because Jacket didn't die. He lived on, and joined the Payday gang.

Payday is a game where you murder hundreds of Law enforcement officers, can trade hostages for known criminals ok real time, and this is the poo poo that breaks your immersion?

:lol:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

It's a brave new world out there, but once we've seen anything, rest assured that The One True Build(tm) will be discovered and brought to the masses.

I do agree though that we're going to see a lot more builds and consumables might be an actual issue. Which is a great, yet subtle change to the difficult curve.

No idea how they are going to fix the tech tree, the upper bit of ghost, and then still have enough crap to make a fugitive tree.

I hope dodge builds make it out okay. :ohdear:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

I finally sat down and took a real look at skills and trying to figure out my own builds I came up with what seems to be called a techforcer. Looking for validation I hopped onto reddit and found that everyone is running the muscle deck with ICTV. Is that required to take it to DW levels or will my med vest grinder techforcer be enough? I mean, I wreck poo poo on overkill and below in slaughterhouse and hox breakout. It's a build where I don't have to use my brain one bit, I can just focus on running real fast over obstacles and clicking on faces. I'm like 6 days old in this game and am sort of guessing in the dark at how deep it seems.

How granular does the top end of this game get with asking for optimized builds? Can I just throw all that poo poo to the wind and have fun if I'm Good At Video Games?

Your experience with overkill difficulty is not predictive of your experience on DW.

Granted, if you're a cop clicking savant, you can do what ever you like.

Try DW out, if you encounter problems we can give you build and weapon advice. Until then, keep having fun and killin' cops.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

- Fixed an issue that caused the Black Bulldozers to deal higher damage than intended

Interesting...

That's probably the burst damage/damage gating issue they do which insta-downs you on DW.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Looks like I'm almost, but not quite, there. I grabbed this build from reddit late into last night when buddy fancied to do some loud stuff, and I currently have M308 with some lovely scope and nozzle that adds 2 damage, I think. I have the Judge for my offhand, but, since I've never bothered to buy any DLCs (as it's like thrice cheaper for my friend to buy them with Russian prices, and stealth missions were only thing I was interested in for the longest of times), I do not have HE shells on it so shields are infuriating. It was extremely easy on Overkill and I felt neigh unkillable and pretty cool, so I guess I'm down to any suggestions on how to build a tanky dude with mid-long range rifle better, since DW is the plan. My friend plays with this, weapons including, and is also wondering if there's something to be poopsockily optimized there.

In other news, we had some dumb pub drive our car away alone on loud Shadow Raid so I ended up being last man standing in a stalemate against two cars with pretty mean turrets on the rooftops. Would've we been alright if not for that moron, or are RPGs needed for that mission.

Here are some things to build upon for you and your friend. Start with this and then flavour as you see fit with your personal gunplay style:

You want a tanky, kill crazy dude, and you have no dlc. Dealing with shields would be a plus (for deathwish). I give you the TechForcer:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mda:eqrokLHIEFDa:tSpMJEfGbcDa:ghEgCda:fEDa:ibcdea:pM8h0::w34-28-32-30-34-33:s32-18-32-13-43-5-41-38:a7

Since you don't have any dlc's, taking care of shields is going to be a bit of a pain - use the sniper rifle for killing shields and other hard targets, and use the Loco for up close cop killing (espcially once the Overkill skill gets rockin' and rollin'). If you don't really care about shields (as your friend will be on shield killing duty due to the DLC he owns), then you can use the m308 along with loco.

Your friend's build (as previously stated by others) a bit weird. If he wants to make a mastermind that is survivable (or at least that's what I'm gleaning from his choice in pistol messiah), then try this (the classic MasterForcer):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjEFGcDa:eqrOkHIjEFgDa:tbda:ghiEgCda:fEDa:ibcdea:pm8H0::w38-21-23-22:s32-21-37-14-43-5-41-38:a7

Alternatively, if he wants to zip around the map like a crack addict with a pistol (and surprisingly still have similar survivability thanks to grinder), he can try this:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnoHiJEFGbcDa:eIFDa:tda:ghECda:frKMJEGCda:ibcdea:pm0h0N8::w84-1:s98-18-17-3-15-13-14:a1

Anyway, continue to have fun, and don't stress about DW too much.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Forever unclean! Forever unclean!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I will begrudgingly state that at this moment, fart gun builds may be good.

Maybe.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hardcore Henry owns. Jimmy owns.

That is all.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

You'll be happy to learn that no weapons apply speed penalties! The crimefest rebalance removed the speed penalties on the minigun, LMGs, and sniper rifles.

Sniper rifles never had movement penalties(?)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

From reddit:

New build calculatorb
http://payday.drakendomain.net/

You can skills past the 100 point limit, it just informs you that you need infamy at 104 points, and builds with >104 are just labelled invalid.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Even if everyone has messiah, inspire ace is still crazy over powered.

It's still worth taking no matter how many doc bag huffing messiah bads you have in your team.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

These are probably bad builds. Don't judge me. More for my own benefit and putting them somewhere so I can look at them later.

Masterforcer (shotgun focus)
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&5=a&6=a&10=b&12=a&19=b&21=b&22=a&23=a&24=a&25=a&26=a&28=a&29=a&30=a&54=b&64=b&66=a

Grinder Fugimind:
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&2=a&4=a&6=a&10=a&12=a&28=b&29=a&30=a&54=b&62=b&64=a&65=b&66=a&76=b&77=a&78=a&80=a&81=a&82=a&84=a

Melee:
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&6=a&10=a&12=a&64=b&66=a&80=a&81=a&82=a&83=a&84=a&85=b&86=a&88=a&89=a&90=a

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

I love more akimbo options, but why no akimbo micro uzis? Those would have been my number one choice for akimbo smgs.

Lookit this bad for not advocating for the best akimbo option not yet released...

I'll give you a hint, IT'S KLOBBERIN' TIME!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

They removed the aced kilmer effect from the game. :cry:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

It's a beta, maybe it will come back. :ohdear:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Sydney's out.

Anarchist Perk deck is grinder for armor. :swoon:
You trade health for more armor, and you constantly regen armor in combat, but never have a armor refil when you're not being shot at. The last perk gives you armor back for damage dealt.

EDIT: Iggy Pop references?!? :barf:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

They reduced Shotgun Impact to +15% and boosted the base damage on shotguns!

Is that in addition to having 000 buck be a straight upgrade for shotguns, too?