Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Unless I'm missing something are there really only 2 shotguns in this game, the pump and the double barrel?

I miss my AA12, or any auto shotgun really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

My experience when I stopped a few months ago was joining a game, waiting around while people stealth the map, then everyone leaves when stealth is hosed up and its time for me to play the game since I am garbage at stealth.

I also hated the progression systems and regularly felt like I didn't get experience for the various systems at the end, or I got so little I wondered why I even bothered. It was also fairly obtuse how experience is even gained, especially gun and perk experience.

That's before we even get into the lovely ammo economy and the sheer amount of bullets it takes to kill a cop, or the armor system for both the player and cops.

I was super excited for this game but feel no desire to pick it back up, and am also hoping in a year it becomes something that's fun.

Just such a massive disappointment.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

When I got to actually play the game I liked it, but having no way to differentiate between loud and stealth lobbies killed the game for me. I am dogshit at stealth and seem to always trigger an alarm whenever I do anything in stealth. My favorite was on the mission that had the weapon bug (that bug was awesome and made it actually possible to unlock gun poo poo. Good job fixing that and making the game worse) where the team was doing it stealth while I hung out at the start. I decided to walk towards a door, but I guess that was wrong because a civ saw me, immediately alerted, and started a gently caress up cascade that ruined stealth.

My usual experience with the game before I quit was joining a match with my loud gear, realizing everyone planned stealth, and reading poo poo on my phone while they did the entire mission without me. If an alarm was tripped I would get excited to actually play the game, but everyone else would leave so I'm suddenly on my own.

It sucks playing the game for 2 hours but only experiencing like 15 mins of actual gameplay.

I also hated winning missions but because I didn't hit an achievement of some kind I didn't get any experience. I would get gun experience, but I could never figure out HOW that experience was calculated and the unlocks made the gun worse or had a confusing explanation.

What a disappointing game.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

people do not like destiny, especially the people who play it. i wonder what it would take to get me back into payday 3? I don’t hate the game. i think I’d need like 8 new maps and a dozen new weapons. getting in the van was not on my list.

I've been thinking about this too and I don't have much of an answer that isn't "remake Payday 2 with better graphics, some quality of life changes, and some new maps." There would have to be so many changes I might as well be describing a different game, or just Payday 2. Like, just the gunplay would be an overhaul of the gun xp system if not just outright scraping it for the current Payday 2 system, a bunch more guns, get rid of the armor system they have, have more cops spawn, get the weapons to feel punchier, make the weapon upgrades actually worth it instead of feeling like sidegrades, and make it that the armor you choose has a visual component of it. I know it's stupid but I always liked walking around areas in head to toe body armor and civilians thought that was normal.