Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
did they ever state if DLC heists are required by all players or just the host?

iirc PD2 let it operate by just the host?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

John Murdoch posted:

Yeah at least during whatever span of time I played it was just Heat Street that people actively avoided. They would also inevitably gravitate towards First World, but in my experience on a good night people would roll through most if not all of the other stock heists.

Like I think out of all of 'em I got sick of Panic Room the most.

It's been a literal decade since I last played PD1, but I still somewhat remember this.

FWB was the most popular for sure
Heat Street was avoided, I think because it was the most difficult one (at least, it felt that way in the beginning)
Panic Room had like, the most steps that you couldn't trust pubbies to follow.

I don't remember much about Green Bridge and Slaughterhouse. Diamond Heist was pretty cool but stealth was kinda janky for pubs.

I miss how 'cinematic' the first game was. The second was a blast to play but the first game had some suspense to it based off of the in-game dialogue. I still remember Bain nervously trying to crack the diamond heist safe and the payday gang urgently yelling at him to figure it out in the midst of a firefight.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I was able to get into a game, but it ran at like 10 fps so it was virtually unplayable. Not sure what's up with that, seemed to run fine during the tutorial.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was able to play last night at like 2am but man I was so tired. I just wanna play again now that I'm awake :(

I fixed my fps issue by just updating the week old Nvidia drivers.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is it still broken? Man I'm really curious what the technical issue is. How the heck did such a critical piece of the whole thing just... fall apart on launch this bad?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

There are actually a lot of hidden mechanics for hostage negotiation it seems. Maybe I missed the prompt about it when poo poo went down, but it seems that the cops will not want to trade when:
-someone with a gun shows themselves outside
-someone shoots someone outside
-an unsilenced shot is fired inside
All of these will end the negotiation phase and go straight to the "Assault incoming" phase.

I suspected something like this, and it makes sense thematically.

Something that's been really annoying is having a bot on your team during a stealth run. Someone gets cuffed, and if they try to ping, the contextual action is "break me out" and the bot will mask up and just start shooting guards (and uncuffing the dude)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's always fun to start in stealth and see how far you get but come equipped for loud.

It's very thematic and feels like an actual heist gone wrong but we came prepared for the worst case scenario.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man patch #1 is gonna be underwhelming isn't it :saddowns:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Their twitter is relatively silent in the last couple days.

I'm sure this game will be fine in the long run, but this is one heckuva bungled launch.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CuddleCryptid posted:

Bugfixes but it seems like there isn't any actual changes to the functional design of the game.

For what it's worth, they mentioned a while ago they were splitting the patch in two- I think the first one being mostly fixes so the game runs right, and then the second being actual "improve functionality"

I figure there's some truth to that. Making changes to the functional design probably requires a bit more than regular bug fixes. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I figure about a year down the line this game will probably get sufficient content and possibly overhauls to merit revisiting.

Also had fun with a friend group. Was fun while it lasted, hopefully there'll be more in the distant future.