Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'm cautiously optimistic because i have a lot of good memories tied up in payday 2 and 1 from playing with friends. But i also dropped off 2 well before the huge slew of dlcs so i dont know what they really look like anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Id settle for playing any heists atm. I did enjoy the one game i got into last night. Though the connection to the servers was a bit laggy, i kinda assume that was my poo poo connection.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

There's a heist to break into a nightclub to steal bitcoin and the voice debriefing tells you that you're stealing a "crypto wallet", I don't think the devs understand how fake currencies work.

Also matchmaking is broken again, lmao

Does anyone really.

dont answer that nobody should have cryptocurrency inflicted on them

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey at least i can login again and listen to the music while I assist in DDoSing the matchmaking

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

No, you couldn't even play solo right now if you wanted to, even in a private game full with friends/all bots it still has to "matchmake" before the lobby is actually created.

This i think. Is a bad design choice

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Worked for one game and then instantly stopped again.

Was fun while it lasted though

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

I managed to get one game in tonight, game's kind of a stuttery mess for me. I don't remember it being quite this bad in the beta. The XP system is bonkers dumb, sure is fun seeing 0XP earned after a successful heist because we didn't do any challenges.

I could see this going the way of Darktide for myself and my friends in that we'll still probably put some time into this but the whole time we'll be yearning for a better, more expanded game that may or may not come some day. And then just like darktide we'll get sick of the content after a week and never come back to it again lol.

I havent been able to play much so i wandered the menus and was worried that the challenges were the only way to rank up but holy poo poo if thats true.

This may be something odd to be disappointed by but the lack of mask customization after 2 feels kinda rough.

It feels like that whole area is primed for dlcs rather than an actual game.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I played another round! Almost stealthed the jewelry store first try which was cool

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

The ammo economy is harsher now and it feels like you really need to lean into your side weapon more than in 2, although there it was definitely necessary as well.

I feel like in the beginning PD2 also had a much harsher ammo economy but that changed a bit over the years

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

padijun posted:

Go for high cash missions since no one's going to run out of things to spend it on for a while

In looking at what's available to purchase in the menus i have already run out of things to buy because everything other than new guns kinda sucks.

Edit: is there a way to stealth the first jewelry store and get the loot from the showroom?

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 25, 2023

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Anyone make it to the double barrel yet

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

padijun posted:

I wonder if the halfwit who decided Bain should say the wrong lines on purpose still works at starbreeze. Think they’ll do that again?

I always liked the mechanic because it meant you had to talk to your team

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I must have left payday 2 before that all happened because i never engaged with the microtransactions but man does that explain why payday 3 was so disappointing.

They went off the rails hard and haven't made it back yet.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely not the same thing btw but if any one is looking for a coop shooter, darktide is in a good place these days

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah i distinctly remember the feeling of "this is all just too much" as part of why i fell off payday 2 thiugh i dont remember the triggering event. Payday 3 has the opposite problem in that it feels hollow. Maybe that'll get better but as it is not even the empty bones are that appealing as "systems"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Who could have seen this coming

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

payday 3 concurrent players

Fuckin lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game itself isn't boring (from memory, since I haven't played since launch) but the grind and the things in it to unlock to keep people wanting to play are.

Play 20000 hours to unlock brown gloves

I was ironically interested to see the trade hostages mechanic. Was hoping it would let you eke out a semi non combat round etc but it was like trade increasing hostages for 4 more seconds

And i realized oh this game doesnt want to be interesting

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

Yeah, all we get is weekly updates on stuff that's maybe gonna happen in the future.

I mean delaying the assault is a good enough mechanic, but after that it's pretty much useless. I was hoping that the "trade hostages for supplies" mechanic they advertised at launch would give you move then one type of supplies. It's all good mechanics in principle, they're just executed poorly.

Yeah this is what I meant. Its cool that you can do it but when you do it, it becomes apparent that its mostly pointless because the rewards for the effort put in are so minimal

Edit: in hindsight that describes my experience with the game. Fun to try but once i understood the mechanics the rewards were so boring I didn't continue.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm also surprised how much i missed multi-day heists. I didn't think i would but the loss of the prep screen and really any sort of planning beyond "bring ammo" is a shame.