Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

quote:

as developer Overkill added microtransaction boosts, apologised, then added paid-for stat-changing skins too.

Interesting interpretation of how the microtransactions were added. I'm seriously sick of angry dudes on reddit being the face & voice of every game's fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

New shotgun seems to have less damage than the loco but a good chunk more ammo. Also there's a couple mods that have to be obtained through drops.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/M4ST3RSP4RK/status/687706272381165568

I did a double-take when I realized someone was being like this over Payday 2 of all things :psyduck:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If you're having trouble with the game right after any patch or update, disable your mods. I'm not sure why Overkill stopped including that in bold allcaps on every update announcement.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think it's weird and lame that people are negatively reviewing the DLC (that they bought??) because of some vague sense of Gamer Outrage, so I'm encouraging people to post positive reviews with goat puns.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Geight/recommended/433730 :downsrim: someone else should probably spearhead this movement...

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The goat heist is actually super-good and I feel way better about spending seven bucks on it after seeing the size of both days. Not something I'd throw on the "MUST BUY" list, but I'm glad that I bought it so I can host for my buddies.

Also the Judas shotgun is cool, and I'm glad that they're learning how to make sidegrades and guns that just feel different, instead of having guns that are either Objectively Better or Dumb Gimmick.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Lynx posted:

IIRC he doesn't do the VO work for Dallas, just the live action stuff.

Yeah Dallas is one of the characters where the voice actor and live-action actor/face model basis are totally different dudes, which is why he sounds so smooth in the web series and kind of like a chain smoker in the game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Hey! Simon Keer was here before Eric. And this is likely the one big gig he still has according to IMDB and that other old History channel video so lay off the guy, alright?

I'm not trying to hate on the guy, I actually played Dallas all the time back when it was just the original crew. I mostly just think it's gotta be a little weird for Eric to show up at payday promotional events and not be able to do stuff like Damion Portier does, shouting in the voice of Chains all the time.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Concordat posted:

Unlike cops, EMS and firefighters are considered real people by the game.

These are the first civs that I will chastise my fellow heisters for shooting.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

how do you know regular civs aren't EMS or firefighters on their day off

Listen buddy I'm already tying six civs a heist, what more can I do :negative:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Graduate to magazine-fed zipties.

I wish the game had a compelling reason for this to not be the correct answer, but it doesn't.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Overkill's Walking Dead game has been delayed until second-half 2017, so I hope they've got some more fun heists lined up for this game, or that The Raid is enjoyable.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm glad they pay enough attention to realize disabling spotting would mess up some damage output and just futzed with the special HP numbers.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah at first I thought maybe this was just a raw breakdown of time/payout but goat heist should rank pretty high on that metric, too.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I remember seeing a vine or instagram of Dragan's voice actor happily shouting that he was The Dragaborn in a recording studio, but I figured that was just them adding some funny new lines.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If you could have a horde shooter with any combination of four special enemies out of all the horde shooters, which ones would you pick?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Meldonox posted:

I can't suspend disbelief until they do a movie of them ECM rushing diamond store over and over again to grind out the 80s and 90s like I do with my gang.

Man I hope this is just a made-up example because that is like the worst possible way imaginable to grind out the 80s and 90s.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Meldonox posted:

I do need to explore my alternatives for loud missions since I've been all shotguns since I have lovely aim.

Well, more than that, grinding the same heist over and over reduces the amount of XP it gives you. :shobon: If you like stealth stuff, give Shadow Raid a try! It's a much, much better payout, and it's still totally chill, and you get a funky little beat going while you sneak around.

But also, Loud stuff is super fun and if your group is in the 80s and 90s nobody has to break enough of a sweat that they can't just keep idly chatting while cutting down scores of cops. Payday 2 in general is just really chill, outside of Deathwish and specific cheevo runs.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/695888013516099585

This is the best one

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is there any 360/PS3 version of a game where you don't have to rebuy the Xbone/PS4 version? honest question

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Plan Z posted:

No. The 360/PS3 got either few or none of the DLCs. I should put a warning in the OP just in case.

I meant any game, not just Payday. Sorry if that was confusing, it just seemed like the previous guy was aghast that he would have to buy the game again and I thought that was just the standard model for these things.

also put a warning not to buy the newer console versions either, not for elitism reasons just to save people from paying like $50-$60 for a kind of janky version.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

henkman posted:

Not really the same but you can redownload all the dlc you bought in the previous gen for rock band 4 as long as it was from the same console family

Oh yeah I remember that, a buddy of mine was sad that he'd have to get a new xbox because he had all his old rock band stuff on a 360. Seems to be the exception rather than the rule, though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Why didn't I buy the Wolf Pack DLC when I got PD:TH for free during the first crimefest?!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Psion posted:

e: in seriousness you should get Wolf Pack if you want to play Payday 1 at all ever. And you should want to play PD1 because it's interesting and different even with the maps ported to Payday 2.

I have no interest in playing PD:TH, I only collected my free copy so I could buy the soundtrack for 99 cents and get all of it for this game. :saddowns:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Day 2 is up, Overkill openly says that most melee weapons are samey so they're only adding one with this DLC. I think I like that approach much better, just because I wish melee were more fully-realized in this game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

Was there any bellyaching about Lab Rats though?

Whenever I attempted to carry my buddies through it, yes.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Wanna help me with that deathwish achievement, buddy?

And here I thought I was done being spooked by that heist :gonk:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Looks like the update dropped for the game, don't see any store/page updates yet though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Based on what?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was half-expecting Counterfeit to have a stealth path.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Also Offshore Payday is permanent :confuoot:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Both heists seem pretty short and sweet, which I actually kind of appreciate compared to all the half-hour minimum ones there are now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Overall the new heists feel kind of flat to me, I can't put a specific reason on it but neither one got my interesting like FWB or Slaughterhouse did. They just felt too easy, I guess?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fleve posted:

I'd love to see Heat Street as the next classic. And I miss all the banter between the gang and Bain, there's some really nice back and forth about changing mission plans.

Only having watched some payday 1 stuff on Youtube, I also wish the gang still talked to Bain the way they did in that one, as in, talked to Bain at all. That said I think all the heisters added just makes that less likely since it would require more and more effort with each heist and heister added.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

As someone who bought the COP I should have cool stuff that nobody else has, especially since I have some goofy flame skin for the JP30(?) that has mods included on it

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

:cmon: No respect for the classics

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Perhaps it is I who should come on, son.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That's really cool actually, it would be a pretty interesting map if you didn't dupe the keycards, too.

If it were made by Overkill the hack on the server room would totally be an uncool trigger, though. :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

"Fixed an issue where players could avoid bleed out after Swansong by getting tased"

So much for that little swan song bonus. Tazers aren't your friends anymore. :cry:

Nooooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My first impression of this is really good, actually - The infamy V builds that currently exist are way too good at doing everything and it would be neat if more specialization were required so that there could be a bit more teamwork in Payday 2. Of course, I suppose the other trees could turn out to be aggressively bad, but as it stands I really only think ammo efficiency jumps out as a sort of poo poo skill, but since I use mostly sniper rifles these days it would actually be pretty fun to shoot several cops in the head and get the one bullet I used back.

Also if they just make shouting down cops a default feature that would actually be pretty swell.

Geight fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 19, 2016