Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

the secret is coming.

...switch release tie-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The longer Payday 2's update life goes, the more convinced I am that I have a better experience just reading this thread than I would playing the game again. Jules's update style feels nearly antagonistic.

E: literally just realized how much this change will ruin my silenced shotgun dodge build, yeah, RIP my heisting days, wake me up when there's more lore

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ThatOneGuy posted:

I am excited for the Switch version. Not because I'll buy it (not that dumb), but to see in what new and exciting ways it can be broken.

I haven't played Payday 2 since before Locke betrayed us except maybe not?, and this is my entire relationship to following this thread at this point.

e: well that and the possibility of more eric etebari content

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
what do you mean a squad of lumbering tanks dozer-sprinting across the map to gently caress your face with bullets isn't fun?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm gonna say 'the same flaw as skulldozers two+ loving years ago' really is more appropriate for this.

e: also lol I just remembered how loving silly the sightlines are on Bomb: Dockyard and am now imagining minigun dozers shredding you across the starting warehouses

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 1, 2018

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

John Murdoch posted:

Hitboxes that actually work correctly would make One Down easier, and therefore me FURIOUS.

look at this pleb, I've been furious since they added arm and leg hitboxes and RUINED THE GAME

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

There have been only two periods when specific heists had passable difficulty: Boiling Point for about 48 hours, and Rats day 2 for about a month. All other aspects of payday 2 have always been terrible.

The best period of Payday difficulty was when suit grinder was king and I could massacre an entire DW Big Bank after all my pub pals wiped.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

dublish posted:

Baby Deagle and GL40, all day erry day.

A (silenced) M308 and Judge were my best friends.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

murdering everything else around the dozer if you are using a Graze build.

Can someone capture this for me sometime, because it sounds hilarious.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

:thejoke:

The other period was when they did something similar with the Cobras and they all had a fire rate of ~20,000 shots per second.

I no lie miss the days when Rats 2 was a death run through trenches with gang members raining deadly mac-10 fire from above.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

I’m in DC for a conference, I haven’t done jack. But I did stop by the Riggs building, the basis of Big Bank, and it turns out it’s getting turned into a museum.

much like the search for the secret

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
yeah vlad better have a part to play in this finale

they already made him a loving character model and everything

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It's all just a lead-in for Dallas in Walking Dead.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

HebrewMagic posted:

This is all leading up to a final mission where it crosses over to Twisted Metal and we get a final wish

and what was Dallas' wish?

"LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN!"

for some, the action really is the juice

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mendrian posted:

Lots of evidence, sure.

One of the laziest writing tricks is to make a ton of noise and then make sense of it later so that it looks planned, also known as "the Lost method." I won't argue that there have been a ton of little hints but many of them also turned out to be meaningless and I'll believe it was "meticulous" when I see it, is all.

serialized plots can be both planned and improvised at the same time, no one is saying Overkill has a master document with 'and then immortal Gus Fring arrives for crimedad's checkup', we all remember when bonnie was clover, but there's been a thread of weird alchemy bullshit since the pdf guide I paid extra on my pre-order to have, and I'm honestly way happier with illuminati bullshit than the 'quick, add lead, no wait, I mean quicksilver' philosopher's stone poo poo we most likely had coming back then

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

spit on my clit posted:

one of the pre-order bonuses of PD2 was that you got bain's "book of secrets" or some poo poo, yeah?...is any of that tying into payday 2 yet or will we have to wait for the heist with the secret or will that whole thing just be scrapped

the secret is that it's all three

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Dropping a communion wafer!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

HebrewMagic posted:

The third King is the friends we make along the way

i knew vlad was the third king

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

New event: Icebreaker

https://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/icebreaker/

Starts on the 5th anniversary of the game's release

jesus payday 2 is five

jesus i've been following the payday 2 thread for like five years

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
uh its definitely triple sec

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
wait, no, i meant tequila! you didn't add it yet, did you?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Dear thread: Please post your payday-themed mixed drink recipes

I strongly suspect we're going to be getting more of them and I want to hand some to the devs in the spirit of the event.

The Stove
1 part Caustic Soda
1 part Hydrogen Chloride
1 part Muriatic Acid

Tastes just like those pub tears.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Thanks for making my lazy joke actually substantial, Vox.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
excuse me, I will hold F to pay respects, because I actually care

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

HebrewMagic posted:

I hate that this game has bred me to have to question if this is a joke.

I love it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
we're in the wrong line of work

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
for some of us, the action is the juice

e: when my crime nakama (that includes literal scarface) ushers in the apocalypse I will reinstall Payday 2

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_IFQltvCtY

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
So, uh, for someone who cares but not enough to re-download the game and get a mouse again: press [F] to vape respects?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
vlad hiding out in cagliostro's vault suddenly is metacanon

e: also everyone better have a line for pressing the button

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
can't wait for scarface, john wick, jacket and ron perlman to cleanse the world in nuclear fire

Also what happened with The Dentist being Ben Franklin? Because I need something to join SCUD in the pantheon of 'evil magic Ben Franklins'.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
the action has always been the juice

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The Breaking News minisite updated with an unannounced Day 9 and will probably have a Day 10 too, in case there was doubt that things don't end with 'you were not bad enough dudes to rescue the simon viklund'

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The most important this is Chains confirmed for literally Damion

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Wastrel_ posted:

He's also a guy who has actually seen the Payday gang kill hundreds of heavily armed law enforcers in multiple heists at his behest. He probably also knows that the gang defeated literal demons to get to the Ark in the first place, which makes his decision to monologue in front of them all the sillier. Unless he was somehow unaware of his own mortality to common weapons, which is also dumb after they spent so much time building him up as this near-godlike being.

It's not that hard to believe he was put on his back foot when kidnapping Bain actually made our pursuit of the Ark et al more aggressive instead of just ending it. He shows up in person because he needs to use the Ark to become President before we do, and we've forced his hand by being there ourselves. It's not a great move but it's that or just let someone else cashes in his potentially centuries long scheme.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
soooooo does this mean we aren't gonna see storm

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

FAUXTON posted:

Someone mod in a change to the "YOUR SAFEHOUSE IS BEING RAIDED" for "YOUR PUBLISHER IS BEING RAIDED"

Bo is in a pickle!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

spit on my clit posted:

ahhh so the jiro trailer really was hinting at that! drat

The Jiro trailer might as well have been from a different story, since apparently he also managed to return to Japan and kill all his Yakuza enemies after the White House job when wrapping up killing them all was what led him to come to the US in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
RIFTS: Payday