Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Skyscraper posted:

Wait, but, gun skins are free to overkill, so, wouldn't fixing this be free? Will they lose money if people don't use the market to recycle their lovely unwanted items?

If they give ground on this people will press for them to give ground elsewhere. They need to stonewall the poo poo out of it and hope the vocal part of the fan base gets bored and wanders off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

You have to applaud Overkill. They know how to control the mob. The mob is volatile and easily distracted and they're weaving a special kind of magic and getting away with murder.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Lyrai posted:

I think the saddest thing about it is Almir blatantly said "poo poo changed" in regards to why Payday 2 of now is different than the Payday 2 of several years ago. Like, that is business. poo poo changes. And to Reddit, this is the most grievous of sins.

I cannot fathom a group of people who treat offhand comments of several years ago as sacred covenants to never be defiled.

I'm putting too much faith in redditors to understand basic real world interactions I feel.

My qualm with it was always the "don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining" angle. You release a new way for us to give you money. Don't do it as reward for jumping through hoops and pretend you're doing the playerbase a favor by adding this.

TF2 was at least always honest about this. Hell if my memory serves, a lot of the promo material at release was Saxton Hale talking about idiots wasting money on pointless hats.

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 20, 2015

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Gaming press are going to eat that poo poo up.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Allen Wren posted:

You might as well just call that "salt production."

Build a whole rainbow of achieves around it. Buy a drill, sell a drill, buy 10 drills... Uh ok maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Fellis posted:

No the only absolute canon outside of the games is the live-action trailers and everything in my head of course

I don't like this because this means Kung-fu hector is real :catstare: