Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282403193 So this deathwish build guide, is it on the up and up? Can i take this guides word as the gospel or more like a solid suggestion? Perhaps its terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh my god this is awful

e: to be constructive, this has obviously not been updated since the weapon rebalance, but even if it had it would be terrible because this guy has some bad opinions. He's telling people to ace pistol messiah. Chameleon ace appears on builds in a presumably serious post. Many of these builds use the CTV. It's baaad.

e2: on the subject of masterforcers:

This guy has clearly played too much WoW and cannot think outside the dps/tank/control/heal box.

Hey thanks, yeah i'm actually playing a masterforcer at the moment and i still need a bunch more levels, but i like it so far. Should you never use the CTV? I'm halfway through my first infamy, i feel like i'm leveling so fast i'm still clueless about half the game.

edit: If there is a good overview, beyond the long guide i'd be hyped to read it.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I was trying to read up on every possible option, build wise. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/msnLhjeFGBCDa:eHIeFgDa:geCa::: This is where i'm at right now, i'm level 72 so i have 9 more skill points to go. Its worked out so far, i figure on overkill you can just do whatever and it'll be fine.

I do wanna be as optimal as possible though., 28 more levels for infamy then i'll try out a dodge build of some sort.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

As far as perk decks go, i've got armorer and crew chief fully maxed and rogue 1 off being maxed. I'll get on grinder after that and try it out. Thanks a ton for the advice.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I know about the 40 damage breakpoint (39,85 actually or whatever), i'm aware there are other for stability and accuracy, what are those? I'd find a steam guide, but the last one i read, the thread told me it was apparently terrible.

I guess i kinda wanna figure out weapons, right now i'm using a 308 with some mods i thought were maybe good and a judgle secondary with HE. I want other loadouts for variation but idk whats good and don't want to drag down the team.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I had a hard time on the goat heist. People kept running off solo and dying. It was rough stuff. Lots of disconnects and kicks today, the natives are restless. I had to resort to hosting myself, and my connection is kinda lovely.

I really like the the goat heist shotgun with Flechettes and, idk some barrel. Feels really nice. Whats everyones favorite/best smg? I can find one that i really like, i don't know how to mod them really.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I just accidentally ruined someones Normal difficulty mallcrashers stealh run, i joined and didn't realize they were stealthing . None of them had infamied, i'm infamy 2. I feel so guilty.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Krinkov. 822 rpm, 85 damage, 80 accuracy and a 60 round magazine. Hard to top that.

I'm trying this now, i figured ammo would be a problem but it really hasn't been. Also is it me, or are armored transport heist really hard without C4 and a saw. Like i'm getting shot up surprisingly hard. I guess i'm too used to staying out of cover.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

The transport jobs vary a great deal depending on which map you're on, both how many and where the trucks spawned, and what loot you have to haul. The one thing they have in common though is that they all love to flood you with cops from most every angle and rarely give you enough cover to deal with all of them.

But with the exception of the nightmare that Crossroads can turn into, they're not particularly bad on not-DW.

Crossroads is the one that gave us the most trouble. I finally have enough skill points for saw and shaped charges. I've got a hockey mask and i'm ready to roll. I also really like the planning that goes into it. No C4 and No saw crosssroads transport made me want to be a techforcer.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

THE CHORSE posted:

I happen to have a spare COP sitting in my inventory. I would like to trade it for a Humble Mask Pack 1 code (The Crossbreed and The Orc). Anyone who can make that happen gets a Mega Kawaii.

I sent you a pm.

How do you mod the commando for loud, just max stability and hope the enemy isn't too far away?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Mod the Commando for loud by not using the Commando and using a better gun.

Using the same gun over and over gets boring. I used the rattlesnake a whole bunch for instance., thanatos gets old.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Put on all the +acc mods you can. It's got pretty good stability even with the war-torn stock and tactical compensatior.

Thanks, i get a little lost sometimes with weapon mods.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

How do fugiminds work weapon wise, do you need to go akimbo, low blow aced or not?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Thanks for the advice dudes, i already aced swan song. I was just a pretty unsure where go to from there.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Thanks dudes, i'll try both akimbo and kilmer. I already aced swan song though, it is amazing. edit: can you run doctors bag as well, or does it need to be first aids kits?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Payday difficulty is perfect, overkill is just right if you're terribly drunk or something similar.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Slaughterhouse is my most played heist, after mallcrashers. I could play undercover all day, played counterfeit twice and i feel i don't need to ever again.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Hmm i'm trying to buy a drill but its stuck on "checking out". Anyone know if this is a payday problem or a steam problem? Been this way for a few days.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Wait nobody can buy drills atm? Guess i should cancel this steam support ticket.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

i mostly touch the pubstove when I want to play for a bit without using a headset. Mostly, it's been okay but every once in a while you get a shithead. This guy kicked me from a loud DW Go Bank job just as we got to the exit http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198267529091/

Just a FYI

I met some people playing payday that did this all the time, whenever the three of us would play the host would type "This i a three man job." then they kicked the unfortunate fourth player. It was kind of hilarious but i felt bad for them.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'm not sure i get the "stealth gives no xp" takes. You gotta do them anyway for the x amount of heists before assault. You get xp for tagging guards, hacking cameras, using the stealth deployables, smashing jewelry cases. Also, i get like +1000 weapon xp for a solo dirty ice heist, more than i get when going loud usually.

The challenge system isn't great though and no loud/stealth filter when matchmaking also sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah if the postgame screen showed progress made on challenges that'd alleviate some of the feeling. I check challenges before every game to see what i want to work on, but it is a bit of a hassle.