Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Deviant posted:

Wait, they met on video? on TWITCH of all things? Did anything actually come of that?

It's happening right now dude http://www.twitch.tv/jamesblack47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So far Almir is repeatedly just saying "we hear you and I agree that we did a stupid thing" or "here's why we did this" but everything he's saying about what might actually change in response to this is extremely non-committal. He's conceding some of their points and defending his position on others but right now nothing very meaningful is being said.

It's not looking like anything big is going to change with the microtransactions or possibly the COP because they've worked themselves into a position where they can't really retroactively remove anything, since people have paid money for this stuff already.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wasn't the Completely Overkill thing an optional "give us more money for support!" on that train poo poo? Not that them promising a neat reward and giving you something lovely is a good thing but playing this game from Day One should have acclimated people to that, right? I haven't had faith in Overkill since the first few months.

e: Also if I'm wrong on the idea if it was optional support money let me know.

This is true, but overkill still advertised the COP with that additional unrevealed item, and having that item be RNGed to be worse than what other players got out of the same purchase (which can happen in both appearance and stats) is incredibly lame.

At the same time, the people who complain the loudest are so goddamn terrible that they make me want to disagree with everything they say just out of principle. This just appeared in twitch chat on the interview

quote:

Cornson: I would trust peofiles to take care over my kids more than I trust in almirs word. (and I would never ever led pedophiles take care of my kids)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There would be an enormous shitstorm if they kicked out ashley. I would be surprised if they did that, NDA or not.