Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I haven't played PD2 in a while and still haven't opened by COP safe.

GOING TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW :v:

EDIT: Oh cool, like as soon as I opened the safe and clicked "back" my loving game crashed, 10/10 would play again.

Oh and I got crap. This was worth $25. :suicide:

What loving gun is that anyway?

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Attempting to even look at this skin crashes the game because this thing pops up in my steam inventory that says "Custom GoonMod Skin" or something. So I'm going to assume my crashing was caused by Wilco. Thanks man! :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

And that's my absolute last seriouspost on the subject. Anyone who responds to this, I appreciate your input so much that I will respond by channeling the Imp Zone.

fite me irl bro :downs:

I still haven't watched the interview thing, is it just a Skype call? If it is, can someone turn it into a podcast instead?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Sex Robot posted:

I don't like this because this means Kung-fu hector is real :catstare:

It's only disappointing because he didn't immediately cloaker kick you when you opened the vault door. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

It's not Swayze Bodhi, and if it's not Patrick Swayze it's not Bodhi. Go gently caress yourself Point Break reboot poo poo sequel prequel whatever the gently caress you are.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

We're going to attack a plane with boxcutters.

:911:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I don't get it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

No Reagan mask, no buys.

Wait, this poo poo is free.

:suicide:

Edit: all the good things about Point Break, the original, seem to be missing from this film and indeed this update and that is heartbreaking.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 3, 2015

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Didn't someone come up with a build based around Swan Song Aced that let you keep your infinite ammo going as long as you were clicking cops?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

C4 is fine if you got one badass player who is taking out the snipers while you run bags. With goons that's easy.

With pubs?

:suicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The masks...the music...the influx of furry players...the RAGE...this needs to happen!
No. :stare:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

:barf: Paging Slurocker to the thread.

DON'T BRING ME INTO THIS, YOU STARTED IT.

Also Slurocker? Like Slur and I combined into one terrible goon? Holy poo poo that is a horrible thought.

As far as mega masks go, every idea so far has been great and I concur. That said, not much gets me to switch from Jean Claude. A mega variant might change that. But I doubt it will get one. That said I rarely play PD2 anymore, and with HLM2's editor finally out I don't think I'll play anything else ever again.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

This is all your fault Vox.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Wait, there are +concealment skins now? That sounds cool.

Not pay 2 dollars cool, but still pretty sweet for those of us who like stealth/dodge.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Concordat posted:

Should have a level where stealth equates to killing everyone on the map before they are able to hit an alarm button, and none of that psychic instant alarm bullshit on day 1 of Big Oil and Firestarter.

Like the good old days of Goldeneye.

For extra spice, make it so on harder difficulties you can only use melee and weapons you take off of dead guards.

Have it take place during a thunderstorm or July 4th so no one gets alerted by gunfire.

As previously mentioned H&T also Nightclub is like this and Jewelry Store and technically Diamond Store but you gotta be careful to not hit the glass.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Mendrian posted:

Since overkill seems to be getting in on every game that was massively cross-promoted on Steam (goat simulator, Chivalry) it makes sense that the next new heist will be based on Magica.

EDIT: Maybe Dungeon Defenders.

Binding of Issac, obviously, with all the greed and crying and goats and explosions and poo poo.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Re thread title : The goatfuck is *colossal*. Get it right or pay the price.

This man knows a lot about goatfucking. Just look at his avatar!

Therefore I trust his opinion on these matters.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Elman posted:

Why do people insist on using the stairs in Shadow raid :negative:

Rooftop is usually covered, sometimes the ladder doesn't spawn, it's the quickest way up and down, if you have spycams set up and aren't a scrub you can usually tell if someone is on the stairs or about to be, and why are you stealthing Shadow Raid?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

:stonk: HOLY poo poo THEY ADDED A NAILGUN AS A MELEE WEAPON AND NOBODY TOLD ME?! :stonk:

...god this might actually get me back into Payday 2.

EDIT: AND A loving CHINA LAKE?! HOW DID ALL MY WANTS GET INTO PAYDAY 2 THIS IS hosed UP

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I'm not sure but I think the nailgun sucks, also three rounds in the CL and not the IRL four?

Almir giveth, Almir taketh away. :smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Pounder is amazing. It's a mini-katana, and yet I seem to be using it twice as often as the katana.

Mainly because it's great to run up to a cop and nail' em in the face :kheldragar:

It's tons of fun to use, but I guess I'm still using it like I would use the Kunai and that's my problem. If I want to keep using this weapon I need to learn to use it differently. :smith:

Launcher on the other hand is loving boss! I love it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

You don't realize how much of a crutch the mods are. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, well, I specifically meant push to interact.

And to be fair the PocoHud health indicators on cops are kind of cheating too. You see a four digit number floating in smoke you know it's a Dozer standing where a smoke grenade went off.

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Fellis posted:

Dang we havent had a pd2 cheating thread callout in forever!!! Old times, old times

Wilco once warped directly to the Diamond and dropped it off next to the escape van for us so we could stealth the heist in seconds. Unfortunately, the level scripting still required you to complete everything before the escape would proc. I get loving around in this silly game of clicking cops and tossing bags. My point was that the really bad rear end cinematic camera mod can apparently be used for cheating. I only mentioned it to Vox because I heard he was the one who did it, and it wasn't like a callout being like "oh vox is a filthy cheater" I mean for gently caress's sake the man has his name on a brick in a map in Payday 1.

Anyway, the push to interact thing is sorta feels like cheating to me because if something takes a while, like lock picking, I usually just press the button once and drink a beer or light a cigarette or do something else when I SHOULD be holding that F key. The "sorta feels like" part is because what the gently caress is the difference between holding F and not holding F, ya know? Does it really affect the game that much? Depends on whether or not you're answering a pager, I guess. :v:

John Murdoch posted:

Still not the golden days of people running around with every skill aced, though.

Haha, yeah. God, I was one of those tossers too. After I got my first infamy I just got sick of the grind, so I just gave myself one of everything and enough skill points to ace everything twice. But then the game got boring without challenge, and I quit playing until I met you fellows.

And one more because I missed it earlier,

dublish posted:

But then you kill so many cops that never despawn and your framerate puts you on a level playing field.
Oh.

Um.

I'm a shameful cop clicker, I turned despawn all the way up. :ohdear:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Fellis posted:

Its cool man you can call vox a filthy cheater. He cheated in most of his deathwish cheevs using the codes iddqsykic, idkfcoolguye, and idclipfight

Wait iddqsykic is the cheat that causes you to explode via RPG though, how is that helpful?

-Troika- posted:

Can someone post whatever extra models I need to make the goonmod weapon customization bullshit work properly?

There are no extra models. GWC is a clientside mod only. If it's not working properly make sure you installed the GWC folder in assets/mod_overrides

Disclaimer: I haven't been playing Payday for a while, so if something has changed please let me know.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 24, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

It doesn't update with goonmod, but it has a separate updater in blt.

Also you can download it directly from github.

https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonMod/archive/WeaponCustomizerModOverrides.zip

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 24, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

"People, we're going back to the F.B.I. Well, don't get excited. Last time we were here Hoxton crashed a pickup truck through the front goddamn doors and caused a ruckus. This time? We don't need anyone knowing what we're up to. Use the four network computers in the closet behind Operations to find out what other evidence the Feds have on us. Copy it all onto the main server, destroy the physical stuff. Then sneak it right out the front door. If you get caught then Commissioner rear end in a top hat will know it was us. Don't get caught and they'll never notice. Of course, until it's too late.

Seriously, no loving alarms! Whatever you gotta do to not get caught? Do it!"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

Rather ridiculous that an FBI officer literally cannot see you crouching in front of him in a totally straight corridor, though.

Hey, it's like 4 am, he's tired. Give him a break. There's no coffee in the break room. :smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

oohhboy posted:

That is terrible. Technically impressive sort of, but I would never want to play that in stealth. It also suffers from having nothing to do for 3/4 of the team.

This is true. This is only for one guy, totally solo. With four people, three of them would be dicking around.

It needs to be reworked, honestly, and I think the way to do it is Framing Frame style. Do ALL of the objectives, all at once.

- Scan for a DNA match.
- Unlock all computer access on the director's computer.
- Search the archives for witness testimonies.
- Get the encryption keys.
- Find the server in IT.
- Finish hacking all four computers in the server closet.
- Steal an FBI truck on your way out.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

One of the main custom heist modders is interested in Death Vox.

...gently caress. :stonk:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Concordat posted:

I just want 40mm shotgun rounds. Mega Mosconi, if you will.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why on earth shouldn't rpgs kill dozers?

They're literally wearing EOD armor designed to withstand the blast of an IED going off in their face for starters but more importantly to Vox is for balance reasons.

Personally I wish the RPG killed more poo poo. All the poo poo. Anything you aim the RPG at including the turret is going down in one hit. You get one shot at it, don't gently caress up. Just like in real life!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Tulip posted:

Wait since when was the RPG good against turrets?

Last time I shot a turret with one it immediately retracted for repairs, so apparently it rules.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

New Heister idea; Trucker Joe-Bob. Talks constantly in confusing trucker lingo in and out of pager responses, has a nickname for every heister including Dallas and Houstin as Big and Little Texas respectively and is voiced by Ellis as it will be released in tangent with the No Mercy remake.

So I came up with this in the middle of a game because marv said "he's loaded for bear" which sounded like CB speak to me.

Imagine some of the voice lines for a guy like this. Like masking up...

"Kick the tires and light the fires, Big Daddy."
"Bain, you got your ears on? We're going hunting for bear."
"Better back them hogs off another ten."

He'd have interesting things to say on pager responses...
"Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9, can I get a radio check, come back?"
"Dispatch I'm at gate 3, requesting permission to dock, over."
"Negatory on that, rail yard, just pickin' a geetar."
"Let them truckers roll, 10-4!"

And fun CB handles for the crew!
"Space Cadet, you got a copy on me?"
"Come on over Crime Momma!"
"Rocking chair, Black Dog, rocking chair!"
"Climb on up here, Slim!"
"Birmingham, help me out good buddy!"

As well as nicknames for the special units...
"Them Shooters ain't lookin' for deer!"
"Here comes the Pork Chop Express!"
"Suicide jockey, dead ahead!"
"drat right Smokey, we ain't gonna pay no toll!"
"Jumper Cables, on our six!"

And of course, finishing the heist he'd have something to say.
"Hold on tight to your saddlehorn, son! Yee-haw!"
"Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way!"
"10-4 Good buddy!"
"Maximum overdrive!"
"Puttin' the hammer down!"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

:stare:

I should have known Maria was a dude and not an extremely obese alligator lady in tight spandex, but I wanted to believe.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

you're getting weirder than i do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBw10VUcNQ

watho posted:

You were never weirder than Skunk.

Honestly I'm impressed you think that, but I disagree. Nothing is weirder than literally being a nazi furry.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Hey Vox, I had an idea. You have Death Vox, which is how you would have done Deathwish if I recall correctly.

How about Stealth Vox? I wanna hear your take on how you would re-create stealth heists.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I forgot he was in this movie.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

"I told that cop to go gently caress himself. Didn't think he'd literally do it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this site needs a loving edit feature.