Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Thank you! That helps a lot. Gonna turn a lot of poo poo guns into murder machines on Overkill now. :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Dodge/Crit/DB works pretty well with Grinder too.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Snipers have always been good, they just got power creep'd out of being OP.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Capcom was the company that screwed over GRIN, if I recall correctly. Although I do recall GRIN working with SE on a Final Fantasy game for awhile as well.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I'm a bitch idiot retard, my bad.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
You can always use more fully automatic shotguns.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The Switch port of PD2 runs like buttered rear end and the pub stove is good and hot. But I gotta admit, when it works, being able to murder pigs while I take a dump is rad.

If only the game pinged more than three lobbies at a time. :v:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Performance wise, the game has a 30 FPS cap like the other console versions. 1600x900 resolution in docked mode, 720p in handheld mode. The visual quality settings are kinda all over the place, but pretty close to the 360/PS3 versions. Chromatic aberration is disabled.

The game regularly struggles to hit the FPS cap. The average is usually like 20-25 FPS. I played Meltdown on Normal with a full pub group and was regularly sub-15 FPS. I don't want to imagine how that map runs on One Down.

Patch wise, the game is sitting at a chopped down version of the complete Housewarming update set. None of the heists added in that update set, no new clubhouse, no coins, but the game balance and technical status is at that point in patch history. I imagine this also applies to how spawns, AI, bugs, etc behave, but I only have about 6 or so hours logged right now so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Joy sure is a new character you can play as. Yep. Nothing special. I haven't touched her perk deck at all, trying to focus on maxing out grinder for now. It's centered around throwable ECM jammers. Apparently they're just bog standard jammers with shorter timers all around. The rest of her deck boosts her health and when maxed, restores health whenever a teammate kills a cop, period. Her new SMG isn't anything special. Her melee is a reskin of the existing police baton. Her voice is a little annoying. At least her mask is rad.

All the menus have been redone for touchscreen controls. It works reasonably well. HD rumble feels good and is directional based. E.g., if I pick a lock and look at the lock dead on, I feel rumble in both joycons. If I look to my left, I only feel rumble in the right joycon.

This is the only version of the game to have LAN support. I don't have anyone to test this with.

The Crime.net screen only pings about five active lobbies at most. Half the time I try to join a lobby, the game softlocks trying to join. No one has ever joined a lobby I've hosted.

There is absolutely no voice or text chat. You cannot communicate with teammates beyond using shout commands and flailing about.

The pub stove is red loving hot. The hottest I have ever experienced in Payday. Every typical pub stove stereotype is in full effect.

When poo poo *actually* works though, it's Payday 2, for better or worse.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Did Overkill figure out a way to make the elemental plane of cops canon? Because it sounds like they may have a way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Give me a loving railgun. Straight-up. Let me shoot space cops with a railgun.