Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Gif + Image collection

Showcase:

Loco Supremacy
Chains keeping up his civilan undercover identity so the Feds don't find him
Note: Bulldozer died on the way back to his home planet
Team Bulldozer's blasting off again!!
Always call your shots
Not Today :black101:
Game, what are you doing. Go home, you're drunk.
Knife Party Shield Shuffle
Heptakill!
Oh what a feeling, dozers dancing on the ceiling
Dr. Cheeto is a big fan of loot bags
Not Today :science:
Sneak peak of That 70's Heist DLC: Dallas, Chains

link to old thread if you are a crazy person: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647096

Fellis fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Psion posted:

Cowman that's on you, really. You knew getting into it what the COP was. They made it very clear up front it was hype fuel first, support Overkill second, get something a distant third. And you already got the masks - so you already did get something.

This is - and I'm speaking generally here - what amuses me about a lot of the COP complaints. People who whine they can't sell their drill rewards for $20 are just great. No concept of what economics means here, I see. If someone wanted to pay $20 for that particular skin they probably would have bought the COP to begin with, at which point they would have gotten hype fuel, Mega Masks, and their own COP Safe/Drill. "why can't I sell a fraction of this DLC for the full price of the DLC" is a question a lot of people are incapable of understanding.

I agree with all of this and whining about the COP pack after the fact is pretty hilarious. The only thing I think is legitimate is that those skins should have come mint-condition only because rolling a poop gun sucks. If you didn't get a skin that you wanted, sorry, that's what the market is for.

Also I wish I could participate in chat or something because I'd suggest COP pack 2 to fund the creation of mega masks for the DLC characters

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sex Robot posted:

You have to applaud Overkill. They know how to control the mob. The mob is volatile and easily distracted and they're weaving a special kind of magic and getting away with murder.

Except its :h:Ashely:h: that is doing it and has been at the helm (along with the other community mods, i just know her best) all along for a lot of other poo poo this community has kicked up like racism/sexism/wickism for the new heisters

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Psion posted:

literally the exact thing I didn't want.

I thought it was funny because i was going to make an obnoxious irony post with lots of meaningless details and conclusions and then someone had already beaten me unironically

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

canada jezus posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282403193 So this deathwish build guide, is it on the up and up? Can i take this guides word as the gospel or more like a solid suggestion? Perhaps its terrible?

Some of the skill advice in there is bad (zerker ace on some builds, kilmer ace, messiah ace or its worthless) and those certainly aren't the builds I would do. Not enough ICTV for my taste. Its not a bad guide for changing your thinking to the particular requirements of DW though.

With a lot of the new DLC weapons/perk decks deathwish isn't that tough anymore, so I don't know how hard you need to optimize. Especially flamethrower and Rpg.

Masterforcer is usually the standard build in deathwish because Inspire is the best skill in the game, but you need to alter your crew makeup based on the heist because you usually want to finish the map ASAP. If the heist needs C4 or saw (transports) then someone needs to take that.

More specific questions would probably help, that guide was a lot longer than i actually want to read to give you advice :v:

E: lol a bunch of responses while i let this post sit in another tab

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Grinder also has a bug or exploit or what you want to call it with fire. It seems that for every cop you have on fire, health regen will stack. That's why I love taking grinder and a flaming Piglet on Death Wish.

Grindr and flaming is so DW viable it's crazy. I think I was doing some runs at lvl 60 and still cruising strong and loving poo poo up

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hiding it in plain sight: On DW Watchdogs, leave the coke in the truck until the loot driver arrives on D1 and don't move the coke from the truck till the boat arrives on D2 (protip: walk out of d1 with bags on your back to have some coke safe at start of d2)

There, and back again: Secure all (deposit too) the gold on DW Big Bank Heist using rooftop escape without having any gold touch the ground.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Wolf only, no dlc, harvest and trustee

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

swims posted:

Are steam forums canon?

No the only absolute canon outside of the games is the live-action trailers and everything in my head of course

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What did Deathvox do for example? I've been away from the game for months so I have no idea what we've done.

Deathvox is videogame mechanics fanfiction written by our very own Discendo Vox. The basic idea was to figure out ways to make heists more difficult in ways other than the cop number buff that deathwish does, generally by loving with player expectations of the heists or just dark-souls style gently caress you's.

At some point, a bunch of people got real mad that Vox posts his ideas in the thread and constantly rail against him, but it doesn't really bother Vox because he has megalomania.

A real good way too annoy some thread regulars is to set Vox off with ideas to feed into his brain disease like this: DeathVox should secretly track the (2-4) major permutations a player has seen in their first few completions of a deathvox heist and favor displaying lobbies with a host who has seen different permutations.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 27, 2015

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

For people who want some advice, why are you so dead set against giving it to them?

Because for a long time in the life of this game, if you used anything but a 45/18/34 CAR4 (only if she's 5'3") and admitted it, you were poo poo, your whole lobby was poo poo, and people would fall over each other to post about it. A lot of regulars including myself railed against that and the sentiment still exists.

Since the rebalance "all guns are viable" is not that bad of advice, because it gets to the root of the matter: gettin gud. Jean-Luc Morningstar is just trying to be nice about it.

Gun advice: hit 40 damage with the highest accuracy you can on overkill. Now your gun is set, learn to pop helmets, take cover when needed, and manage ammo.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Please provide a link to your steam profile!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Then in-between the probable two days of the plane heist you get an escape...what the

And then its a midair shootout with murkywater goons before you can open your parachute hell yeah!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

but more importantly it turns your regular crimes into war crimes

I always liked the thread title "BBQ DLC turns this game into Spec Ops: The Crime"

Also the memory of that first Rats day 1 on BBQ release day still gets me where not one cop died to bullets, and all the screaming...

I wonder if people taste good.jpg is probably the second finest thing this thread has produced behind alan smithee shame cuffed.mp4

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

Just finished a GO Bank where we had mostly stealthed it, but then managed to miss one phone call (ridiculous in of itself - local bank doesn't answer within 3 rings = robbery by evil mega-criminals and cue for giant swarm of heavily-armed police?). So we fought out the remainder of the heist with lovely stealth weapons and I found that a silenced Gruber Kurz with iron sights is surprisingly effective for killing dozers. :v:

Some of my favorite moments in PD2 have been when a lobby busted stealth and did the thing anyway with suits and sawn-off guns/silenced baby pistols. It can add a fun dimension of challenge sometimes, much like some of the specific loadout cheevo runs do.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Explosionface posted:

Straight from the comments on the steam post:

I love salt so much.

e: apparently it's the new thing to spam instead of ASCII middle fingers

What the...Windmills are a dutch thing, overkill are finnish loving idiot steam users

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah the real contributor WAS ME, SENTRY BUILD, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tai posted:

So by infamy 5 I can have more skill points spread out over various trees?

It makes the tier 6 unlock go from 40 points to 36 which means you you can ace a tier 6 skill in one tree, basic a tier 6 in another, and still have ~20 points for flexibility/quality of life in other trees

Aka Inspire ace, ICTV basic, and movespeed in ghost/fugitive. You can do that before infamy 5 but its a little more clunky because of the additional points you need to pump into enforcer/mastermind

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Who uses the default sights on guns? Look at this bad opinionhaver.

Gunfeels

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Next heist:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

So we're working for this guy to make sure he can go back to selling cancer medicine for like 400% more money now? Because we've worked for assholes before and this guy will probably top denying cold fusion.

No we would be working for wu-tang to steal their secret album from shkreli. Lobby is restricted to guest heisters method man, ghostface killah, ODB, and bill murray with RZA taking the role of bain, however after you find a clue to the wu tang secret it is revealed that dragan is a secret wu tang member and is also selectable

E: the dlc costs $100,000 and only 10 copies will be sold however per usual, only the lobby owner needs to own the dlc

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

He's on tiptoes in ballerina shoes, you just can't see it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Lyrai posted:

The concealment rating.

EDIT:

Minigun, RL, ICTV, and still rating of 3. :getin:

:siren: GET YOUR LMG LOW BLOW FUN IN BEFORE THE HOTFIX :siren:

e: you can fit fart gun LMG/low blow ace/sneaky bastard ace and some quality of life skills into a build easily and use grinder

Fellis fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 11, 2015

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress yes. This is what they should have done from the beginning.

I'd like to get a Mega Mask for each heister before 10 random masks, although mega warface, kawaii, groncho glasses, mask of the moon would be pretty excellent

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Congratulations Payday 2 Thread on the worst derail ever! :toot:

I never thought anything would surpass the great slug jocelyn derail of 2015 but here we are.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

this fine art created the day pre-planning was released

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

On Death Vox that helipad extends a lot further east.

:boom:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

You may have chosen the wrong video, Vox

It's the video where i yell at it for two minutes because if you just stop killing cops for 10 seconds you could grab the server and get in the stairwell before they aggro you.

The video is impressive though, the amount of poo poo you deal with and with no ammo too. I also soloed tabula instead of stoving so i have a lot of respect for it. Although In my day we didn't have grinder, we had to dodge uphill both ways in the rogue deck!

dscruffy1 posted:

I've sorta started playing this game again, but my hours are off from the rest of the world. Again. Still shoot cops?

Shootcops with goons is hard to get if its not around the release of dlc or a major event nowadays. I rarely see more than a lobby or two around primetime EST, so being off that I dunno.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

can confirm that if anyone does an LP of this game that you can bring me in as the "mediocre pubby" gag guest to show off fail states of heists

I don't know how to get cuffed on hoxbreak day 1 tho, might need to practice that

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

"Boo this Fauxton" is pub stealth in a nutshell

"Hey check this out"
*failure cascade*
"What even were you trying to do?!?"

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I liked the part where overkill luigi sucked money out of the ghost wallet with its dlc vacuum

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

You're also a proof that mumble is a double edged sword :v:

Well that's cause when vox has a good team at his back he knows he can durdle around and take screenshots. I don't blame him, sometimes playing with sykic/coolguye/other guds its like "hey are the spawns bugged oh wait no you just have 300+ kills in the first 10 min of big bank"

At least vox sticks around in the back and does objectives, i tend to overextend with some godawful sentry hitman akimbo fart dodge build and get cloaked near the infinite spawns on watchdog 2

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGKDTBhDu18

sykic's vid but should be shared with the world

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Basticle posted:

At this point i am but an unquestioningly loyal child soldier in overkills west african dictstorship army

Goat heist patch notes:
Stockholm syndrome now properly working in the SA PD2 thread

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

RandallODim posted:

This is it. This is the colossal goatfuck.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Heist owns, even Farmer Miserable owns because there's poo poo to do while you are doing it instead of just babysitting some bags.

Day 1 is pretty cool and feels like there's still tons of goofy poo poo to see despite having done it a few times. The building on fire is really fun to do solo also.

hosed up that you can't take out Captain Winters with the Longfellow like a bunch of bowling pins though

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Basticle posted:

2 and a half years after I made this gif

it finally happened again

Oh, Eagle Heavy reload animation :allears:

its too bad you didn't kill a bulldozer immediately before because then it would have been like a "gently caress yea" fistpump

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Psh my sentry guns have outkilled sykic before

when i broke the spawns on hoxbreak day 2 and we had less than 100 kills combined during the whole day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Night of 1000 cloakers was scarier than deathwish for awhile before we realized the ai was kinda borked. The stacks of 20 some cloakers clipping perfectly on each other were still terrifying every time though.

"Lemme just kill this one OH MY GOD IT WONT DIE"