Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is this drama over the microtransactions or did something else happen? I haven't followed this game in months.

It's mostly drama over the fact that the Completely Overkill Pack that people paid 20 bucks for, had a special "secret" and it turned out to just be another weapon skin, with varying degrees of condition and stat boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So is the Platypus 70 an actual gun? Best I and a gun nut buddy of mine can figure is its some sort of amalgamation of various different guns, like a Winchester model 70 but with a magazine fed chamber and a slightly different front sight?

Edit: I suppose it's also worth noting that the Model 70 appeared in the original point break, though not as a gun Bodhi uses, a police officer uses it towards the end of the movie.

IBlameRoadSuess fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 9, 2015

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
I've been trying to get my main group back together for some payday after a break since basically November, and it's just not going anywhere. One of my friends biggest problem with the game is that "everything is the same." We played some counterfeit as our first mission and they basically just go "cooking meth but with paper and printer ink? Boring." And I am not sure what exactly they want from the game other than shooting cops. Any implementation of an objective in this game falls into the category of "get stuff or do stuff." What else can you ask for in a game about "heisting?"

Granted we have been steamrolling OVK difficulty so maybe a move to Death wish will give more challenge and more interest?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
I kinda want a payday 2 XCOM 2 DLC where we get a few of the alien tech weapons from that, and a heist DLC in the same vein where the cops are replaced with advent troops and bulldozers are mutons, and so on. The heist would be to get onto an Alien ship and steal some sort of Alien tech for Vlad (Because always Vlad) that would make Meltdown look like baby's first WMD deal.

Alternatively I want a new weapon DLC that adds a bunch of random weapons from different countries and movies. Like a PKM, or maybe a few more WW2 weapons like an MP40 or a MP44 or something like that.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

FAUXTON posted:

Ballistic knife melee?

You're thinking too small. Obviously it's a gun that fires knives.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Inspire ace fits every playstyle, friend.

If you aren't shouting like 90+ "GET THE gently caress UP!"s in any given game, you shouldn't be bringing Chains. :colbert:

IBlameRoadSuess fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 18, 2016

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So my question is, are the trees going to be similar to Perk Decks in that you can only pick one of them? Or will you be able to mix and match your abilities like before? On the one hand it encourages going deeper into a "class" of build, but on the other it severely restricts what you can do overall, and it will probably make certain "classes" just out and out better at copshooting, which is not a good thing. If I want to be a Masterforcer and shout my teammates up while running around with a Beagle at mach 3 dressed like the Michelin Man I will goddammit. :(

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Am I the only one who liked that bridge level in PDTH?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So it might be incredibly nerdy, but my girlfriend went to PhoenixCon and managed to find a few nerds dressed up like the payday gang.

Also this polite gentleman. (He said "Thanks" using the tape recorder once she was done taking the picture, and he proceeded to hang out with the other payday gang while spamming "arms outstretched." :3: )

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Anyone have any good Mastermind/other useful class builds for either soloing or playing with less than 4 people? I need to click some cops and I don't always have a set of players to click with.

Also semi payday related, just saw Captain America 3 last night and Damion Poitier gets the poo poo kicked out of him by Scarlett Johansson in the first twenty minutes of the movie. :allears:

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Coolguye posted:

people always focus on that but i prefer to focus on the fact that he's the only regular guy who gets a leg up on one of the avengers in like any Marvel movie ever

Agreed, my only regret is that he got killed so he can't become some supervillain. At least he voiced Thanos in the first Avenger's movie.

As far as skills go, i'll give that a shot with one of my buddies, since two-man deathwishing is about where we'd be at. As far as soloing (with AI) goes, I'm guessing Uppers+ is kind of mandatory?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

RandallODim posted:

They actually got Sharlto Copley, I'm pretty sure Overkill can just do whatever they want with beloved A-list actors at this point.

FTFY :colbert:

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Colosmicon posted:

I thought the only people who still tied game speed to framerate were Flash developers.

Nope, a lot of games apparently still do this bullshit. Like the most recent Need For Speed Undercover, locked at 30 fps and if you unlock it to more, it breaks the physics engine. What boggles my mind is that they have to build the games from the ground up to be like this, and no one ever stops and goes "Hold up. Won't this gently caress everything horribly?"

Game development!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
RIP the chance for a Bill Paxton heister. RIP Bill Paxton.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Malek posted:

God loving damnit.
I've never been ticked about gaming poo poo before but apparently I should've made that my 2017 New Years Resolution.

Yeah I'm not sure of the context for this, SS3 is being made by Spector and as many of the original devs as they could manage, so what's the issue?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

When has crashing in this game ever not been a thing?

When it didn't exist. I don't think this game has ever been truly stable.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Is anyone else having issues launching raid? I tried going through steam after installing it and that didn't work, then i tried doing it through payday 2 but that didn't work either. It just does that thing eith steam where it says "preparing to launch" and then flips back to not doing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

That worked, thanks.