Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lyrai posted:

I think the saddest thing about it is Almir blatantly said "poo poo changed" in regards to why Payday 2 of now is different than the Payday 2 of several years ago. Like, that is business. poo poo changes. And to Reddit, this is the most grievous of sins.

I cannot fathom a group of people who treat offhand comments of several years ago as sacred covenants to never be defiled.

I'm putting too much faith in redditors to understand basic real world interactions I feel.

Hah, you think it was just redditors who took that comment 100% like a legally binding thing?

Prepare to be disappointed!

Its been years, of course poo poo is going to change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Skunkrocker posted:

Didn't someone come up with a build based around Swan Song Aced that let you keep your infinite ammo going as long as you were clicking cops?

I thought you just went down in front of a bunch of tasers and then just never killed the tasers?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lynx posted:

Just FYI in case you haven't figured this out already - there's no hit detection on arms and legs for whatever reason. You're stuck shooting cops in the face/body.

Wait what? Really?

Don't tell me i've been playing this game for years and never noticed this.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You'll get not today via normal play eventually though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How are you ever not getting 10 kills every 15 seconds? Cops go down so easily that the only time I can think you're not doing that is if you've just been dozer rushed and you've taken like 10 seconds off to kill them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

maswastaken posted:

It's as if you're all allergic to reading that second line because that's, you know, exactly the thing I loving said.

This was a while back, but i wasnt talking to you, lol

way to look tough online though!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
What ww2 era shooter?

I know, i know

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People rushing content and then claiming the game has none (as loudly as possible, over as many sites as they can sign up to) because they managed to put 50 hours of gameplay in over a single weekend has been killing tons of games recently, so anything that discourages that is good imo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
On the other hand who cares, its not like PD2 is competitive.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

EorayMel posted:

forcing extra objectives in a heist, like activating sprinklers when using thermite.

Doesn't thermite work underwater? :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i remember overkill being a difficulty i had to pay attention to. I loaded up recently, strapped on my gear and just laughed as i was functionally immune to the hordes of cops.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh syntax error is intentional? I thought they'd hosed up again :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm legitimately just kinda bored by the heists. I know they didn't want to do multi day heists but the multi day stuff with the possible escape level was fun.

And gently caress them rats was amazing, people didn't only run it because it was good money, it was actually a fun map to fight on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I enjoyed payday 3, its crime was that it wasn't as good as payday 2. If payday 2 didn't exist i'd have thought 3 was a fantastic game.

The loss of multi day heists, the matchmaking being poo poo and the progression being poo poo probably wouldn't have felt so bad if they hadn't already gotten that right before.