Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Completely Overkill Pack rewards were hilariously bad. I'm of the opinion it's as legitimate as a video game interview could be.

I mean, goddamn, Ashley was a part of the protest that led to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Honestly, I thought she was a goon. She's in the group chat more often than most.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Modifications included" just means it messes with the weapon mods. For example, applying the meat slicer skin to the MG42 also applies the light barrel, LED combo, and competitor's compensatior. Those mods are free, they cost nothing to apply and don't eat into your supply. Once the skin has been applied you can still change out mods like normal, the skins in no way dictate the guns final build.

However, the skin will remove other mods. Meat slicer removes the bipod, for example. You can still stick it back on later.

Legendary skins are supposed to force all the mods to specific, special ones and are not customizable. I don't know why the pirate legendary skins don't show this behavior.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Great first step. Maybe all that bullshit about more communication is gonna go somewhere. I can't think of a better advocate than Ashley.

Is there a transcript of the Skype call somewhere?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If by "murder" you mean "microtransactions"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sex Robot posted:

Gaming press are going to eat that poo poo up.

Are you strapped in for another "please, Payday community, stop emailing me" video?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fibby Boy posted:

Link to this video please and thank you. I play on ps4/xbone and wanna see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koS7Vvw2Y8
Wanna put that cat whisker pattern on this mask

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
News flash!
Highlights:
  • Conference call bullshit
  • Console update bullshit
  • Get ready for StatTrak guns!
  • B-Sides update by the 10th of December
  • VO update next year
  • 8 Overkill devs sent to Steam Forums purgatory
  • Modders who aren't Wilko are getting face-to-face meetings

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Somehow I glossed completely over the DREAMHACK WINTER PAYDAY 2 TOURNAMENT proof-of-concept in which we'll apparently see Overkill try and shoehorn Slaughterhouse into a competitive event.

WE ESPORTS NOW

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wilko posted:

Overkill basically have never talked to me at all, since I don't complain about anything they do on the forums, so this is no surprise. I have a little story about how a modding meeting with Almir and the Last Bullet guys went though if anybody wants to hear it

I'm so down for storytime right now :justpost:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God forbid someone visit two websites to get mods.

Was this around the time Lastbullet had that hosting problem and lost pretty much everything?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Just be thankful it isn't as bad as the Minecraft modding community.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

To clarify, what's the most bonus to a stat a skin can give you?

The +1 damage on the flamethrower is the most consequential stat boost, followed by +3 concealment on the bronco and bernetti, +1 concealment on the plainstrider and judge, then +4 accuracy on whatever.

Dallas pack skins could have a +3% payout bonus but no other boosts. COP skins could have a +1% payout bonus in addition to a normal stat boost.

Here's a Reddit post, decide for yourself

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 21, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's solid dark green, solid green, and solid leaf green. Closest you can get to solid toxic green is toxic green/leaf green.

I'm not entirely sure why they decided to do color combinations this way instead of allowing the player to pick primary and secondary colors individually.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The sociopath deck is great fun, even if HLM2 isn't.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

canada jezus posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282403193 So this deathwish build guide, is it on the up and up? Can i take this guides word as the gospel or more like a solid suggestion? Perhaps its terrible?

Oh my god this is awful

e: to be constructive, this has obviously not been updated since the weapon rebalance, but even if it had it would be terrible because this guy has some bad opinions. He's telling people to ace pistol messiah. Chameleon ace appears on builds in a presumably serious post. Many of these builds use the CTV. It's baaad.

e2: on the subject of masterforcers:

quote:

As much as you reddit users will disagree, this build is pretty stupid if you think about it. As an enforcer you want to go in and kill/tank anything and everything you can, while as an inspire you want to stay in the back and take less damage while just healing/reviving players.
This guy has clearly played too much WoW and cannot think outside the dps/tank/control/heal box.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 24, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

For deathwish I think you should at least heavily consider pistol messiah basic.

Agreed, it's a nice 4-point "prevent this team wipe y/n?" skill, but in the words of the good author of this guide

quote:

If you're getting this, have it aced
and I'm just not sure it's worth it unless you intend to carry The Worst Heisters through deathwish.

e: I mean, seriously, look at this

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 24, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

canada jezus posted:

Hey thanks, yeah i'm actually playing a masterforcer at the moment and i still need a bunch more levels, but i like it so far. Should you never use the CTV? I'm halfway through my first infamy, i feel like i'm leveling so fast i'm still clueless about half the game.

edit: If there is a good overview, beyond the long guide i'd be hyped to read it.

The CTV is great for overkill, but if you're using an armor build you really should use an ICTV for deathwish.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

...bland rear end Crime Uncle Dragan...

My eyes hurt like a motherfucker!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Elemental Mastery: complete a heist with you and your four-man crew using one explosive weapon, one poison weapon, one fire weapon, and the Buzzer

Roasted Pork: complete Slaughterhouse with you and your four-man crew using flamethrowers, molotovs, motherforkers, and chef hats

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
GO Bank is a pretty painless stealth map if you've got two friends and a loud saw with control freak. GO loud has been a great map for a while now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
LMGs and to a lesser extent light SMGs get fantastic pickup, and your ammo efficiency is a function of pickup rate. If you're not using fast, light weapons you should probably believe the people who do.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

you cop sympathizing gently caress. "I don't like killing more than 4 cops per map" - poster with severe brain disorder

Please do not bully Vox

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The BBQ pack is the single greatest piece of DLC that isn't in the GOTY bundle. The flamethrower is the best weapon in the game and has only gotten better with the crimefest rebalance.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bbcisdabomb posted:

The historical pack is great for people who don't get the GOTY edition since it has one of basically everything you get from other DLCs. If you didn't have any other DLC, it gave you the option to use a sniper, a LMG, and grenades.

Since we now have a free LMG and sniper rifle, it's lost a bit of its luster.

Historical pack doesn't give you grenades, the potato masher is a melee weapon.

I really hope the new sniper is in the same tier with the Nagant and R96. I don't need another worthless bolt-action light sniper.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Potentially controversial opinion, but the strength of the DMR weapons, particular the M308, makes sniper rifles a lot less appealing, IMO. I mean, sure, they can't penetrate shields, but they absolutely devastate every other enemy and have excellent fire rates.

This is true. I'd take the post-rebalance M308 over a 160-damage sniper any day.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Light shotguns and automatic shotguns are horrid now. Loco and judge are still pretty good, and the reinfeld is pretty good if you can deal with that terrible fire rate. The joceline and predator both have a reduced pellet count (6 and 5, respectively) compared to all other shotguns (12) so keep that in mind. THEY ALL HAVE TWELVE PELLETS NOW DISREGARD

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 4, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kikas posted:

Uh didn't they just fix the pellet counts in this very patch?

Whoops, yes. That's what I get for glossing over the patch notes :downs:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Basticle posted:

How so? They increased the damage and the pellet count? (I havent played the patch yet)

The damage buff is extremely modest and the only two shotguns affected by the pellet boost are the joceline and the predator. The damage numbers for the saiga and steakout are pathetic.

This shotgun rebalance does very little to fix what crimefest broke.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anyone have any data on the new shotgun falloff values? Falloff "normalization" was mentioned in the notes. I don't know if that's supposed to mean all shotguns have the same falloff or if all light/medium/heavy shotguns have the same falloff.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 4, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a crowbar in a utility closet. Bile drops a thermal drill so you can get it open. Bain asks if he can just drop $7, but Bile claims he needs it for bingo night.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

These are great Death Vox ideas, but I'll do you one better: Remember those ATMs you have to go past on the street? Crowbar in one of the side utility rooms (not marked, cloaker ambush), then head all the way back and crack it open. There are 2 ATMs- the first one you open doesn't have any ones in it. You will all get credit in the revised design doc.

It's inspiring to see the master at work

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jiro bids a farewell to arms

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Also, from that particular run of deathwish Dockyard: Dragan needs help

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Some of the infamy masks and materials are quite good but if you don't give a poo poo about that then there's no reason to go past infamy 5. If you want to get all the masks you can do it by infamy 17. Infamy 25 is for people like myself who just loooove Jewelry Store.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Your post-infamy rotation includes that?

By late teens infamies, you can get to 40ish by doing two Deathwish Mallcrashers at the start, 50ish by following with two DW Shadow Raids, and then 60+ with one good Overkill Rats.

Where were you three months ago???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tulip posted:

Are people still fartforcing? What's the preferred use of points above and beyond farting and fatsuit? I don't think there's enough for inspire.

I use this sometimes. It's hard to invest too much in silencer skills if you also want Inspire ace and Iron Man basic, but here's a fun fact: a suppressed Thanatos can kill a Deathwish Bulldozer in two shots if you've got Silent Killer basic, Spotter basic, Underdog basic, and Cleaner basic all active.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Basticle posted:

Anyone else notice they greatly increased the zoom on the ACOG? (this is on AMR-16 with DMR kit but I assume its the same no matter what)

The AMR-16 has higher default zoom than other rifles, so scopes will be more zoomed in when placed on it. The FoV of scopes has not changed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Goredema posted:

I agree it's super easy to get a group of people together to do a mission on Deathwish, with everybody wearing sombreros and carrying identical melee microphones, just so I can get the "Mariachi Madness" achievement

This sounds like a good achievement.

If you don't want to SAM it ask some goons to help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Y'all ready for some CROSS-PROMOTION?

I'm not sure what the best buy sticker is doing there? If it's a joke I'm not getting it.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 9, 2015