Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How will I breach all these ding dongs now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't believe it took this long for a perk deck to be straight up "you're constantly using drugs"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plan Z posted:

One of the biggest examples to me is Robbedacop. I've put in a thousand+ hours and get some absolutely nasty kill counts, and I'd be genuinely surprised if I've gotten near the trophy amount in my entire career, and I certainly don't expect to get it now.

I think GeneralMcBadass figured based on his FBI files stuff that he'd have to play Payday for three more years to get it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

As I understand it, the bonuses from skills come after the bonuses from weapon mods are applied, so the 40% is whatever your gun comes out to, then * 1.4. I could be wrong; Vox or Cheeto would know better than I.

Accuracy bonuses from mods and additive skills are applied before the multiplicative/percentage bonuses. The actual calculation is a bit more elaborate than what you're presenting here but you've got the right idea.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/812023523719856128
I love this bromance

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crabtree posted:

I had no idea Chains was actually Run-DMC.

Run-DLC

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looks like they might have only released that stuff to people in their ambassador program? I can't find the material on their social media.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wow who knew Italian prisons had wifi

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I own the Gage Historical Pack - how do I get any of the weapon mods from that pack for the Broomstick Pistol? There are 4 mods that require that DLC, but I dont have any of them. I cannot buy any of them with coins and I cannot use the completion of daily jobs to select them at random.

It's one of the older DLCs, so the weapon mods are locked behind achievements. Here's what you need to get all the Broomstick bits and bobs:
Special Operations Execution
Kill 25 enemies while in stealth using the Trench knife. Unlocks the Red Bear mask, Short Barrel, Suppressed Barrel, Short Mag, Folded Stock, No Stock, Solid Stock, Heatsinked Suppressed Barrel for the Patchett L2A1 submachine gun, Barrel Sight 44, Damper.L 44 Nozzle for the Broomstick pistol, “Red Sun” material and “Death Dealer” pattern.
So Uncivilized
Equip a Broomstick pistol with the Damper.L 44 Nozzle and the Barrel Sight 44. Unlocks the British Bulldog mask, High Capacity Mag and Holster Stock for the Broomstick pistol, "Army Green" material and "Filthy Thirteen" pattern.
Wind of Change
In the Hoxton Breakout job, complete the heist while you and your four man crew are wearing one different "Historical" mask each on OVERKILL difficulty or above. Unlocks the Discrete Stock and Short Barrel for the Nagant sniper rifle, Precision Barrel for the Broomstick pistol, Extended Mag and Long Barrel for the Patchett L2A1 submachine gun and the Heatsinked Suppressed Barrel for the Buzzsaw 42 light machine gun.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Link your profile

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They did a Shadow Warrior collab and somehow Lo Wang STILL isn't a heister?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Murdoch posted:

Also the melee damage reverts are confirmed as intentional.

Did they revert melee weapons to reasonable damage values?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Payday 2 is coming out on the Switch.

I have no idea what the gently caress.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Play as Dragan to invade other people's heists and steal their cocaine

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Remove the heat penalty
Eliminate the restrictions on how many heists can get the maximum heat bonus
Allow clients to take their host's heat bonus if it's higher than theirs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Are people operating under the belief that XP is somehow hard to come by in this game? The heat system is perfectly fine.

Nah, it's just that the heat system is bad at the design goal of pushing people to do heists they don't often do because the top-tier bonus always gets filled by something godawful that nobody wants to run. Also, they fell into the "experience fatigue" design trap that's been around since before WoW, which is embarrassing to see.

Anything to do with the XP system isn't even on my top ten Payday design issues.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

King Vidiot posted:

Really? Because every bulldozer I've met goes down like a chump with maybe 8 shotgun shots to the face. Compare that to the tank in L4D that you literally have to set on fire to even have a fighting chance against on higher difficulties, and even then it takes a good 5 minutes to down.

How many tanks spawn at once and how many can you expect to see in the course of a single game?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Ooh, thread question: What's the worst concept in Payday 2?

Death Vox :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's not meaningfully helpful to compare dodge and damage resistance for a number of reasons, but the most important one IMO is the way damage cooldown and dodge interact in a way that gives you more than one dice roll if you're facing a homogenous group of enemies. It's simply not appropriate to treat 50% dodge as if it were 50% damage resistance.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 1, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Infiltrator works best IMO if you ignore the melee damage bonus entirely, equip a buzzer, and just slice off a little bit of cop whenever you're feeling peckish. Tying health regen to a melee strike has obvious downsides but you can do silly things like punch surrendered cops to get health. Don't play it like a melee deck! Play it like a muscle deck that has to punch a cop occasionally to get health regen!

The DR is underrated as well, underdog is basically always active on most maps, and the Infiltrator DR uses very similar rules.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 8, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Insert name here posted:

Also IIRC you can zap your own (or your buddies') jokered cops to get health back too.

Yeah, that works as well.

I really like infiltrator and I think it gets a bad rap for a number of reasons. It wasn't great as a melee deck even before the melee nerf, and the need to punch cops makes a handful of maps a lot harder on it (looking at you, meltdown and goat simulator). The melee damage bonus stacks can be built on hostages as well as cops but disappear whenever you swing and miss, which kind of flies in the face of the fast, high DPS melee weapons the deck drives the player towards if you try and play it as a melee deck.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

chairface posted:

My reading of Crew Chief just says the 8% teamwide DR is doubled if crew chief is below 50% health.

Damage resistance bonuses provided by CC, per the Long Guide:
Crew. *0.92 received damage, except for the Crew Chief himself below 50% health, who gets *0.84
Crew. If at least one hostage: *0.92 received damage

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crabtree posted:

Come The gently caress On Ulf! You actually got a game here or what?

Look, bub, it's a name reveal trailer. You can't give away everything at once!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Art

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been gone since before the John Wick weapon pack and after seeing the breadth of changes to the game I decided to sell all my guns and start fresh. What are the essentials, in your opinion? Like, if you only had two pages of guns per slot, what would be there?

The best ARs seem to be Little Friend, AK/CAR/AK5, and JP36. SMGs seems to be Krink and maybe Mark 10. I already love the Arbiter. Seems like the Commando 101 is just better than the RPG.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What are your three AA12s built for?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm all about having multiple loadouts of the same weapon. I'm the guy that actually used most of the weapon slots.

Get two arbiters, bam, never need to gently caress around with loading and unloading fire grenades

E: I had eight saws at one point

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 5, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Snipers penetrate thin walls, shields, and cops. You can equip the most powerful optics (Theia and Box Buddy), which automark specials.

Honestly I don't think they're great generally.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Of those two, the Commando is the standout. Consider the JP36 as well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Maybe 120 skill points was too much

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah you invented fire crits for sure lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Irons are for suckers

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I guess stealth is good now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Infiltrator 👏 isn't 👏 a 👏 melee 👏 deck

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where's the gun that shoots money, Overkill?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:great:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

maswastaken posted:

Minigun dozer exists. Discuss.

Hell yeah

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What's the deal with copshooting

I hear there's a new difficulty and it's bad?

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The best status effect you can inflict is death