Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The LEO extended magazine isn't really locked behind that achievement, it's possible to get one in a drop or buy one with gagecoin without the achievement.

Meth ingredients appear on the map on cardboard boxes similar to the ones found in the meth lab on Hotline Miami day one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tempest_56 posted:

Precision Aiming[...]Five minutes each, ten tops.

No loving way.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The best achievement is, of course, Cooking With Style.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That +4 stability is CRUCIAL :byodood:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If I were to equip the M308 where would my flamethrower go?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

I know, and I still weep for the loss of the only good mask in this game

Me, reading your post:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

maswastaken posted:

I miss wearing Baitface with a Cash Money God is my Judge applied while showing off my lovely gun skins.

This, but with cash money/overkill bomb

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sykic posted:

That exp :holymoley:
Other fun stats from that run:

Two thousand four hundred and one dead cops.

e: Only Santa Brings Gifts seems to require you to buy no assets. I'm pretty sure it counts asset spawns, not uses.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 11, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Manuel Calavera posted:

So what do the other time locks do? There's a door one that sets off a fire, I think.

They're all traps that you can repeatedly activate. Use them to keep the heat down when you're moving bags. They've each got a three-minute cooldown IIRC.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 11, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looking forward to finding that among the My Little Pony and anime girl mods on lastbullet

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wait until you see the melee weapon concepts I've drafted :wink:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

Oh, it's a Saints Row crossover where we get a dildo bat?

Actually it's just a kunai made to look like a printout of Vox's last post

Thanks, though, now I'm imagining a heist where Bain and Matt Miller are trying to outdo each other while directing the gang.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: No cheeto, I don't want your spare copy

God DAMNIT

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My Steam refund went through already :10bux:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Remind me, what are the proposed changes to perk decks?

The only way Muscle could be better is if it refilled my beer whenever I kill a dozer.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New melee - the post button
When you use it all nearby cops look at you and roll their eyes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I have learned more about milspergs today than I ever wanted to know.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"And what do you call this difficulty?"
"The Aristocrats!"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why would you ever switch from Donacdum?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I really like all of those as well as Utter Chaos, but The Take is still king.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Burning Sunset

:twisted: <- you

---------- <- the line

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
All the monthly jobs as well as We Do It Live have been changed. Instead of using the HBV, we're to use suits. I guess this is to fix some confusion with armor bags? I'm not sure why they would do it otherwise. Weapon specifications remain unchanged, Platypus/Judge for We Do It Live and AMCAR/88 for the monthly jobs.

I'm glad I can switch from Muscle to Grinder, personally.

e: I guess it's cool that the monthlies, which are all about nostalgia, are now achievable at level 0.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 18, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Murdoch posted:

Also puts them in line with Tabula Rasa, which really should be shifted to a monthly challenge if it hasn't been already.

I don't know why this and We Are Rockstars On This Job weren't added to the rotation, either. As of 93.1 it's the exact same thing as the other monthlies.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

You get what you deserve

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tactical Reload

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

isndl posted:

This could have been badass if you weren't panic-firing at the end. Just one clean headshot would have done the trick.

Without skills or specialty ammo, the judge can't kill an overkill cloaker in one shot. This was a "We Do It Live" run.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've gotten Euro Bag Simulator and We Do It Live two or three times apiece and I'd be thrilled to help you with either or both.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I put one on a well done flamethrower, which with fully loaded basic brings total ammo up to 600.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tulip posted:

But this conflicts with piling on more damage.

I was destroying turrets too fast

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

watho posted:

Does the flamethrower actually deal extra damage on crits? Doesn't it have a headshot multiplier of 1?

Headshot multipliers are enemy-specific, not weapon-specific. The flamethrower can crit.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Drewjitsu posted:

They haven't changed (but remember that they are different than on ovk difficulty due to increased cop health and reduced headshot modifier).

This isn't exactly true. While cop health and headshot multipliers haven't changed, a more granular damage table means that the breakpoints have moved a little bit.

The long guide has a large table of all breakpoints (beware: the author assumes you have cleaner basic), but here's the ones you're probably interested in:

Overkill:
39.85 - tans dead in 2
79.85 - tans dead in 1

Deathwish:
36.13 - tans dead in 5
39.24 - elites dead in 3
44.98 - tans dead in 4
58.85 - elites dead in 2
60.21 - tans dead in 3
90.32 - tans dead in 2
117.93 - elites dead in 1
180.98 - tans dead in 1

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, between the locations of the pallets and the tunnel, RNG can really bone you on that map.

I really enjoy it, though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Afraid of Audio posted:

give me the afro

Mega afro is the new COP reward

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

I also feel like this game is more interesting to play than to watch. I've recorded a bunch of raw footage for internet points and never watched it myself, but trying to watch other people play, no matter how good they were at the game, wasn't entertaining.

Pretty much this. Payday is something fun to play while listening to Viklund's banging tunes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
gently caress stealth.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Afraid of Audio posted:

my fancrafted alesso is alesso but with one more circular saw

10/10 GOTY

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cat Burglar ace does "reduce custody time by 50%," which I'm pretty sure only applies on very low difficulties where the cops will just let you go after a timer expires without trading hostages.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think adding a Swan Song Lite that low in a skill tree would actually be too good.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:jackbud:

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

chairface posted:

My biggest problem with the Elephant is that Framing Frame isn't a frame job at all. The Democratic Congressman ACTUALLY did the arms deal and has footage of the whole thing because he's apparently an idiot. We're not framing the guy; we're doing quality investigative journalism here. Also, since most stuff in this game is based on someone/something IRL or in a movie, my pick for who the Democrat is supposed to be is this guy: Leland Yee but I'm not sure the timeframes line up. When'd the Elephant's heists come out?

If you stealth it you plant cocaine in his place, which is really the only framing aspect to the crime. Between the stolen paintings at his place and the arms deal it seems like the cocaine is superfluous.