Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xtanstic posted:

Someone please buy my ugly Completely Overkill skin and so that I can completely forget about this game :argh:

What've you got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Payday 1 Grindfest Update

(for new folks: payday 1 has ingame challenges that only crazy people would try to accomplish, so I am going for 100% and posting about it, which cheeses off some folks in the thread, a side benefit)

Only 1800 GL40 kills to go! I was able to get 200 in about an hour using a slightly modified strategy that's really paying off. The end (well, the halfway point) is in sight!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

In all seriousness Vox, why do you do this challenge? Is it fun, or an unhealthy desire for 100% completion?

The latter, mostly. Not having the secret masks after figuring out the big sticking point in the payday 1 ARG several months before everyone else will haunt me forever.

On the bright side, I've learned all sorts of interesting things about the game's design in the process. For instance:

1. In payday 1, enemy pathing decisions are based on a really weird per-unit/per spawngroup aggression system that's not in payday 2. The system isn't in payday 2 because it's prone to the sort of multiplier effects we were briefly seeing with shields around the time of the armored transport release. On lower difficulties you get one or two enemies at a time, until you get a higher-aggression unit that will "lead" a large set of other nearby enemies on the map to rush your position at once. Shields are designed specifically to do this- it seems to have been patched in around the time 145+ (the horrible pain difficulty mode of payday 1) was added. This sounds OK, except that on higher difficulties you only encounter units with high aggression values because the lower enemy tiers aren't around. The result is that almost all enemies are rushing your location at maximum speed and can't be suppressed and won't dodge as much, meaning they're hitting you more.

2. Smoke bombs spawn a lot like they do in payday 2 at specific navpoints. They can only spawn during assaults, and only when an enemy has recently "seen" a player in a particular position. Barring a couple scripted events, only one can exist at a time. Unlike payday 2, a smokebomb or flash grenade doesn't appear to mean that units are about to path to your position, although they do have to be next to it.

3. Instead of suppression, enemies in payday 1 have a similar "dodge" mechanic when you fire near them. It causes them to sidestep or otherwise move within their navpoint, usually in relation to you- they're effectively trying to dodge your reticule, as if they were watching your screen. I hate this setup, because unlike payday 2 they can still be firing at you the whole time. There are separate "throw yourself out of the way" animations, but they seem to be explosive-specific.

4. Enemies surrender based solely on how much health they have left. This makes getting police hostages either simple or impossible, depending on the difficulty and weapons you have.

5. (partially based on looking at script codes provided by the long guide author) The coding of payday 1 makes payday 2 look like a thing of crystalline beauty. In particular, many many enemy and special spawns in payday 1 are handled using one-time script events that are all based on different kinds of triggers and have no coherent naming system. Most of the difficulty-specific labels are incorrect, based on an earlier version of the game. Many of the limiters we're used to in payday 2 (cops completely leaving between assault waves, a finite number of shields at a given time) just plain don't exist. I still need to track down the script (or bug) that can spawn 10 bulldozers at once on Undercover. Generally, the whole thing is held together with a combination of spit, raw numbers difficulty and player immersion- knowing where the exploitable holes are is frustratingly necessary to clear heists on high difficulties.

6. (thanks to other masochists) Destroying cameras doesn't effect enemy pathing or aggression- in a couple of very specific cases it changes the odds of a couple very specific scripted events.

On FWB, destroying the cameras out front removes one of two scripts that call for snipers to spawn on the interior lobby balconies during the escape(the other is set to 45% on overkill and above anyways). Destroying the cameras past the drill gate is supposed to shut down two of the elevator spawn points, but it's implemented incorrectly and doesn't always work because of how other scripts reference it.

On Slaughterhouse, there is a stupid added bulldozer spawn event timer loop that randomly varies the amount of time between spawning single bulldozers. There's a second, similarly dumb added special unit spawn loop that can spawn any kind of special unit, in all sorts of numbers. I think it's what causes them to pop out of those closed doors in the hall leading to the containeryard. Anyways, destroying half the cameras effects the bulldozer loop and destroying all of them effects the general special loop. Because of how they're set up, destroying cameras is very unlikely to have any effect on the actual spawn rate.

No Mercy cameras do nothing. This heist also uses a special spawn loop, I forget the details, but it picks a random special and, IIRC, spawns four of it at once every time. Another reason why this heist is a pita.

Diamond heist cameras...ugh. there are three sets of them. The main set actually has a distinct and significant effect, always delaying the rate at which special units spawn from an event that uses a similar loop to Slaughterhouse(they spawn other ways too). Unfortunately, to have their full effect, you have to destroy the two in a bonus vault that doesn't spawn most of the time- and that is inside the vault, aka after you've cleared 90% of the heist. The grognards (yes, worse than me) think you may be able to take them out by hitting the wall near where the door to the bonus vault would be with a grenade. The cameras in the main vault do nothing, and one camera that's indistinquishable from all of the others apparently is attached to some other scripted spawn- probably that shield that likes to block the exit staircases, but that's an educated guess.

7. The codes are never supposed to work on Diamond Heist on 145+. People saying they work 1% of the time are either lying, mistaken, or...there's a floating point error or something. My guess is the latter. This game is really badly scripted.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 18, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Greetings from Vegas, where I wish Fallout NV were a documentary. it appears most of the market-side problems with the skin launch are at least partially on Valve; I think this was the first third party product to use the permutated market item system.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Signing an NDA means that Ashley will have less control over what information she communicates. It probably will mean she gets more information about the back end of what's going on, but it doesn't mean anything in terms of information the community receives. I don't really have a problem with this because nothing overkill's done w/r/t micro transactions or crimefest has bothered me in the slightest.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cheezit posted:

Most NDA's aren't enforceable. It depends entirely on the wording. Knowing OVK, theirs is probably pretty broad with very few specifics. I wouldn't say they can nebulously punish her. First off, they'd need to take her to court. Unless she's giving away The Colonels Special Blend, leaking poo poo about upcoming DLC or micro-transactions wouldn't do anything to actually damage the company.

Honestly, it just makes it look to the outside like she's getting special information and all that. It's just a legal codpiece to make their poo poo look bigger.
Please don't post about NDA enforceability or consequences as if they're a generic class. They're fully enforceable contracts, with all the complicated legal elements that entails. The punishment for breaking the NDA could be monetary damages far outside the scope of Ashley's unpaid moderator gig.

Psion posted:

Really, what I want is for the dataminers to go figure out how exactly safe drops work - what the criteria are for getting one, and then what do you have to do to get a second? Is it just time played? Games played? Games played on different days? Someone's gotta be able to figure this out.
I believe dataminers can't do anything to determine what drill and safe rates are, as they're steam-side.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The sights and sounds of Vegas have inspired my shitpost planning. I've got a much more complete Death Vox plan for Car Shop that includes meaningful (optional) stealth, gunplay, challenge, and ends with you ramping your car over an active SWAT Turret into the securing/escape zone.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

I just remembered... maybe a year or so ago, the thread was musing about how the Payday 2 community was so bad and entitled and how other game communities would have done anything for as much support as Payday 2 got.

:allears:

I'd still fully agree with that position, at least if the size of Overkill as a company were taken into consideration.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I think that Overkill's approach to the modern is understandable, even if it must be personally frustrating for Wilko. Their goal isn't so much to deliver a seamless modding experience as it is to avoid (or, as is now demonstrated, at least delay as long as possible) a moment where the player base, with their infinite
toxicity and entitlement, sink the game. Even if Overkill implemented Wilko's ideas and they were a perfect thing of crystalline beauty, it should be clear even from Wilko's account that the other modding leaders would find cause to argue it was the worst thing ever, and that they would use their pulpit to do so.

Put simply, there's a reason it's "community management", and not "community support" or "modding support". When a large part of your paying audience behaves like this, interacting with them as rational equals is suicide.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Why isn't there a single mod community that isn't total garbage?

The BLT github.

Jetamo posted:

...So basically you're not saying "we're going to remove stat boosts" you're saying "now you can get stat and xp boosts, AND they track how many cops you kill!"

...Overkill I don't even. They just keep digging themselves a hole.

They're not going to unilaterally remove objects that people have paid money for. Removing micro transactions was never a viable option.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Goonmod Bug Report

There appears to be a bug with the Oliver mask related to materials. The bug may or may not be gonmod-related. After the mask is newly assembled, attempting to modify it will take you to the materials screen, where many materials are missing or out of order, and with the "bronze" material selected. but there may be none in inventory. Attempting to purchase bronze materials will crash the game, and add the material to your inventory (but will leave you with no new ones if you re-select Oliver).

edit: 1700 GL40 kills to go.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 24, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm kicking myself for not noticing how well aftershock pays. It's about 2.5 million spending for 15 minutes, and since you can just move all the safes to the C4 point before the C4 even drops, the map is really trivial to clear on Overkill.

Also, 1600 GL40 kills remain.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm gonna nudge the mods of the steam forum to create another achievement suggestion thread. Achievements can be pretty quick to implement and give folks like me (and a lot of us in this thread, and a large part of the playerbase) something new to shoot for now that we have everything in the game.

Getting in on the ground floor, What do you think would be good achievements to add to Payday 2?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm trying to wrap my head around what a "tournament version" of slaughterhouse would look like. Presumably they'd flatten the variance on some of the scripted spawns, like the hallway bulldozers. But would it always have the same escape route? Would they default it to turret spawn and no Winters (despite Winters arrival also activating other scripted spawns in the escape)? Will they remove the randomization of container contents, which are the core of an effective DW strategy in the yard?

It would be really, really hard for this to be even remotely fair between teams and attempts, especially on DW.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Overkill is massively stepping up its employee presence in the forums. Full profiles here, I'll transpose them in a bit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

No the only absolute canon outside of the games is the live-action trailers and everything in my head of course

This, but my head. Death Vox is Real.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I think the only thing that would really make or break the map as far as time goes is whether you get the turret or Winters, so presumably they'll remove the variance on that.

If Winters gets into position it activates a bunch of additional unique spawns (such as a pair of dozers) in the crates leading to the escape. This is mostly important because those spawns stand there taking up spawns that would otherwise be attacking you in the yard. Also, the contents and location of the crates in the yard can make the yard trivial (and really fast) to run, depending on where the different contents spawn. One of them was actually patched out of payday 1 for being too easy to exploit, iirc.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 27, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Unmarked 34 MB update and a post about a CRIME.NET BREACH. It's happening.

quote:

How did that get through the firewalls...? I'm sure it'll be nothing of consequence.
This could be a problematic situation...

What do you think is going on!?

Everything is fine, I'm sure! There is nothing to w͎̪͖̗̥̖͇o̱̱͖̠͚̤͖̱r͏̷̠̠͔̥̭̠͖́ŕ͎͍y͠҉̰̠̝͟ ̲͍̦̬a̗̥b̵̮͍̩̩͙̠̻̀͡ò̪͍̩̦͢u̴̫̪̮͓̲̗̗͘t̷̺͈̼͖̪̳̹͖͍̀̕ o͞҉͔̞̻͉͓̰̟͉ẖ̸̶̥͕̗ ̤̯͘g̝͈͜o҉͎͙̻d̴̸̘͇̹̩̳̗͉̦ ͓̪͠s̜̪̻̻̫͈͡o͏͖͓̺̘̬m͓̱͕e̴̝͔̝̳̼͇͎o̦̝͔̻̘̹͡͞͠ͅṉ̡̣̖̺e̴̛̱̜͚̜̻̙̗ ̨̥͉̳͈͉͎̤̩h̷͓͖̬̳̯̱e̸̘͇̖̞ļ̸͎͚͓̳̪͉p͓̗͜

edit: it's a message from an Armadillocorp hacker hired by Murkywater to take down crimenet. He says he can do it with the push of a button, but is offering to instead have the gang work for him and he will give them "imformation and material" related to Murkywater.

So loving called it. Time for maximum :smugbert:.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 27, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nine of Eight posted:

EDIT: Did a missile chopper spawn on Day 1 of Hotline? I don't remember that from before.

It's always been around, it's just fairly rare and quite buggy. It can fire twice (with the effect of grenades going off in the two vertexes of the [ shape of the hotel's lower level) , but most of the time it just does a brief pass. Bain didn't consistently even comment on it until recently. Odds are good it passed by and you never noticed before.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What did Deathvox do for example? I've been away from the game for months so I have no idea what we've done.

Death Vox was borne of my frustration with Death Wish when it was first implemented, because poor balance on enemies and damage was almost the only change it made. The game severely limited what weapons were viable to actually survive heists on that difficulty, and there were a lot of cases where a random spawn of fbi agents, blue swat or dozers would completely screw a run in less than a second. This situation has improved significantly with the addition of sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and perk decks that allow players to regain lost health. Overkill 145, the top tier difficulty in payday 1, while still unfair and unfun in some ways, also included a number of surprise events to twist the knife in players and encourage playing the heists in a different way. For example, in payday 1, the four bulldozers in the vault of First World Bank were an overkill 145 exclusive in the first game, and due to how balance worked in that game, a single bulldozer was a significant challenge.

Death Vox used a narrative hook (a mysterious g-man working for the government hacks crimenet and starts sending black ops forces after the crew) to justify substantial tweaks to all of the heists- basically, Murphy's Law situations where everything goes wrong, the police often know you're coming, and unexpected twists are thrown at the players as they work through a heist that's very different from what they're used to. The tradeoff is that the heists would have a lot more loot, worth a lot more, and would just plain be fun and nontrivial or luck-based to play through.

The changes proposed for Death Vox are extensive and run across almost all heist mechanics, generally with the goals of 1. shaking up the conventional "safe" tactic for a heist, 2. throwing curveballs that will produce an "oh shiiit" response the first time they occur, and inventive planning if they cause a failed run, and 3. the general sense that the police aren't as hopelessly incompetent as they currently seem ingame.

My favorite example of a proposed DV mechanic is the Demo Team, which is a special spawn that can occur on maps with thermal drills (and a couple others). When you have the drill up and running, Bain may announce that a "demolitions officer is going for the drill" or something similar. At this point, a special spawn consisting of a) a brightly-colored dozer with a lot of health and b) support units such as shields and tasers will spawn in. Instead of seeking out the players, this team makes a beeline straight for the thermal drill, with the goal of letting the Demo Dozer place C4 on it. If the C4 isn't deactivated (there's almost no time to do this), the drill is destroyed, and the players have to wait for Bile to drop off a new one.

Afraid is correct that DV still doesn't exist, because most of the changes it would call for still aren't possible with currently available modding tools. It's more intended as a thought exercise about how to make a fun, challenging high-end difficulty. Even now, Death Wish runs vary tremendously in difficulty based on the uneven damage profile of some enemies and some of the dumber changes (I'm looking at you, watchdogs day 1). It lets us think about how heists that suck (like car shop) could be made fun.

In the case of Car Store Death Vox:

1.There are no civilians around, and from the front, the store seems deserted. In reality, Black ops enemies are waiting out of sight for the payday gang, using a combination of limited and random patrol routes.
2. The manager's keycard is in one of the random locations they would normally spawn at. The hack does not attract guards, but instead of one, you will need to run two shorter hacks to unlock the car key-one on each floor.
3. Bain tells you the initials of the second person you need to hack after the first hack is finished.
4. Yes, the car key. The staff were able to hustle out most of the inventory when the police had the building cleared out, but they didn't have time to move their latest product- a new prototype with cold fusion clean coal technology. The car seats two and cannot be damaged, but it offers fairly limited protection to driver and passenger.
5. If things go loud, normal police (no specials) will spawn in the shop. Snipers will also spawn with coverage of the front of the store. Bain may comment on how odd this is.
6. The escape timer is increased to about 15 minutes. This means that stealth, though helpful, isn't remotely necessary.
7. The reason for the lack of police is that they're all down in the tunnels! Instead of a sprint with floaty controls, the escape route is now littered with police and obstacles- it's basically Hoxton Breakout day 1, but you can actually drive it. You will need to do things like move a SWAT van and contend with turrets along the way. The climax will involve ramping over an active SWAT turret onto a cargo ship at the docks to make your escape. The car is mandatory, and worth about 8 million.

This is much more heavily modified than most heists, but that's because it's freaking car store. Individual special units and other general mechanical elements are also changed.

isndl posted:

It seems like every new contact is just someone highlighting how incompetent Bain is. Why do we keep him around at this point?

I don't know why they're leaning on Bain's incompetence quite as hard as they are in this game compared with the first, but one factor is just that Bain being competent would translate into less challenge for us. I just realized that Bain never figured out an escape plan during the whole time we were opening vans and moving safes on Aftershock. C'mon, Bain!

Fellis posted:

DeathVox should secretly track the (2-4) major permutations a player has seen in their first few completions of a deathvox heist and favor displaying lobbies with a host who has seen different permutations.

Ooh! *scribbles furiously* (few of my designs actually have significant permutations, actually- they're too hard to design around while avoiding "gently caress you difficulty" along the lines of the watchdogs bridge. My goal is to never make a player see something happen, then restart the heist to try to get an easier outcome.)

BillmasterCozb posted:

Vox..you were joking about mailing Overkill all your ideas, right?

Mail's too slow. They have a phone line, but after the first couple meetings, they just told me to read my designs into their voicemail so they have a record to study.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 27, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

The watchdogs bridge is loving brilliant, and I want to say that even people in an ICTV with no additional movement skills can make the jump (I know it's possible in an ICTV with sprinter ace and basic shinobi). It's bad for people who are bad at platforming (who are bads). It's not even gently caress you difficult, it's precisely the sort of thing your nerd boner, aka Death Vox, advocates for. Watchdogs is actually a good DW map (aside from the general fuckery of increases cop spawns/health/damage, because it forces you to come up with a different strategy to complete the map, as both the bridge is out on Day 1, and the building is closed on day 2.

General consensus during the period after the DW update was that the bridge can't be jumped with anything heavier than HBV. Bear in mind that multiple skill changes, such as the perk deck changes, have made adjustments to movement speed in the interval since then. Even if possible, the bridge jump represents an RNG-based unevenness of difficulty that encourages players to restart to get a more favorable outcome, and that's Goldfarb-twisted-darksouls bad.

I think closing the warehouse on day 2 was good, but they really shoulda blocked off that side platform as well. Iirc my revisions included more bags and made it so the boat would arrive at all three locations.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 28, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It's like you got your own private halfpipe!

quote:

Great update : Some hacking visual effect on screen along a voice I couldn't hear over the music since OverCa$h is too stupid to understand that when players activates "Subtitle" , there should be subtitle on the screen when something's said.

quote:

What a surprise, overkill just pretends like there's no controversey and continues with business as usual.

quote:

All aboard the hypetrain. Forget how we lie to you repeatedly and GET THOSE WALLETS READY GENTLEMEN!

quote:

Viral marketing: the last go-to of the uninspired company with a mediocre product and a dying fanbase.
Want to attract dumbasses who will never be smart enough to see how you're manipulating them? ♥♥♥♥ like this is how you do it. Hype hype hype hype you get the picture.
Enjoy paying for incoming shovelware.

quote:

Or, it is simply an expansion of their microtransaction system?
Pay to reduce police heat?
Pay to decrease local guard presence?
Pay to increase cop's ammo drops?
so on and so forth
those "resources" sure sound nice

quote:

While this is cool and all, are we going to remember the constant lies OVERKILL made?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 28, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can't tell if you're being serious. Like if you're going to cover someone fixing the drill or something I guess that's a spot you can use but I can't see anyone sitting there the whole time, let alone the whole team. I've joined like 4 different DW lobbies today trying to do it and they all fail miserably holding that spot, and meanwhile I'm not there and also not dying horribly.

That's most likely down to two factors:

1. You're better at base gunplay than the pubbies

2. They didn't shoot out the truck windshield.

That location is nothing short of fantastic for the first half of the map on DW. There's a similarly excellent holdout in the yard, but it moves.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Concordat posted:

That's a pretty unabashed rip off of the Kojima Productions logo.

It is, I assume, a modified version of the logo of Armadillo Corp, which was the contractor that developed and/or shipped the turret we stole on Train Heist (in the updated version of the heist, Bain spends a fair amount of time saying the computerized security on the vaults is unusually good). This might mean that Armadillo Corp is a subsidiary of Murkywater, or that Locke's company are contractors to Murkywater. Based on Locke's line, I think it's the former, but I can't really tell.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

As we're drawing fresh blood for the new thread, I re-submit my loose argument for a Campaign-style playthrough of the entire backlog of heists. I'm gonna try to keep on this as more jobs & heistdads/moms are added.
Check it here, pals.

Excellent list! One modification I'd make is that Panic Room probably comes after Heat Street- two reasons.

1. In heat street, Matt is referred to as a reliable driver you're used to working with, not a last minute replacement.
2. The thing you're actually stealing on Heat Street is printing plates for money (from an embassy, if memory serves, but it's been awhile). This ties in with the fake money you use in the drug trade on Panic Room.

Canonically, the heist remakes in payday 2 are being treated like entirely new, distinct events.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 28, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Is that a Mixalot reference?

Also, Slaughterhouse chat: it probably dos take place in Texas. Remember, the original game wasn't centered in DC, and you've got that (really bad) texas accent on the radio announcer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Plan Z posted:

It was a sweet day when I finally got Vox to realize that lag effects stealth detection pretty hard.

Why I always host.jpg

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

A protip for H&T "stealth"- a combination of ECM and control freak aced are enough to let you rush to kill tellers, open the camera room and generally kill everything. The best of both worlds!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

Okay but then you still need to just stand around with your dick in your hands while the drill does its thing, which is the actual worst part of sneaking H&T. The ECM rush is actually pretty drat fun.

Protip: if you're good enough and have a saw, you can also do it with diamond store! Toss down an ECM, rush in and shoot guards/saw security/avoid glass.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Also, day 2 election day. That requires a chain, though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This varies a lot depending on whether there are cameras, and can become heavily luck-based.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

isndl posted:

Yeah, good luck stealthing it on DW when there are Titan cams. Technically possible but a serious pain in the rear end, because you literally cannot drill the doors for some of the camera spawns as it'll set off alerts.

Oh, it's doable- you just have to, you know, loop the camera continuously for the entire drilling period.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Gosh, zoidberg, wouldn't you some of this looks very familiar?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Almir has stated that all "collaborations" don't involve payment between overkill and their collaborators. That's actually pretty surprising, but it makes some amount of sense if Starbreeze has close corporate ties to WB/Lionsgate et al.

jivjov posted:

So why are we still getting paid DLC packs? Wasn't the whole point of the microtransaction market to basically pay for the development of that content?

No. Microtransactions pay for some parts of continued support and development, not all of it. You know this. Go away.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I really wish they'd stop embedding and autoloading that 3D model viewer in their websites- it's streamlined compared to previous versions, but it still causes substantial lag to load it in.

The mask looks boss, but what do folks think of the new perk deck?

jivjov posted:

And (other than the personal attack at the bottom there), I thank you for actually having an intelligent response.

You're a shallow self-righteous semiliterate simpleton.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Perfect Line seems of limited utility, but the general HP banking seems like it could be really great. A lot will depend on its specific balancing, though.

King Gonorrhea posted:

So what's the current best exp heist? Every time I get tired of strolling through the game and decide to infamy it's only fun till about level 70, then the grind begins.

Aftershock is surprisingly good, with 1.x million for 15 minutes on overkill. I advise using HoxBreak (which continues to be the best per heist value), election day stealth rush (which nets you 1.x million XP and a 20% stealth boost), and hoxbreak for excellent returns.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Weird little briefing by Garrett on Bodhi.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I may have figured out how to cut an additional 4 minutes or so off of Aftershock. Checking into it and trying to replicate soon.

Wastrel_ posted:

Met a great pub team and knocked out 8 of the 10 new achievements using 3 different builds. Both new heists are really fun on Overkill, but have not tried on DW. Quite sure it'll be nightmarish, though, given the incredible cop spawns on both. And yes, the money hunt on Birth of Sky is incredibly annoying and smacks of fake difficulty. The sewer escape is still alright - at least it's without a time limit!

Money hunt's really not that bad. You can spot all of them from the roof of whatever building the pallet lands on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kammat posted:

They screwed something up royally with keybinds in this patch, Usually I have a mouse button mapped for actions, but trying to get out of the boat at the end of the sky heist I was stuck until I used the default F key to get out. Weird as hell.

They added a separate set of vehicle controls. Check your options menu.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Cheevo question: does the Commando Crew require your group to just run the four hacks on the four vaults containing loot, or do you also have to go to each vault and finish opening the door? I ask because the game implies that the vaults are open when the hack finishes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

That reminds me I need to try a heist with everyone on the team using Miniguns and the new Muscle. The minigun already did crazy amounts of panic before the inexplicably buffed the chance of it occurring.

I suggest Framing Frame day 3 DW.

John Murdoch posted:

We got the cheevo twice in a row, and the in-game clock was a bit past 10 minutes both times I believe by the point we were actually inside the fourth vault. So I'm inclined to believe it's triggering off of completing all four hacks rather than fully opening the doors.

Sounds like it reads time when the fourth hack is done, but pops when you open the fourth door up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Puistokemisti posted:

My brother's PD2 has started crashing in Meltdown.
Any suggestions?

Report it on the steam bugs forum, devs are active there. There were apparently some new texturing and other errors introduced with the latest update that might be related.