Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

the ammo changes are good, especially the AMR (holy gently caress that old minimum can’t have been intentional :stonk:) but i really don’t get why flechettes and HE ammo are being nerfed, i hope that it means a bigger overhaul is coming or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

per pellet damage would suck so much and require reworking just way too much for something that doesn’t actually improve the game at all

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i just hold the trigger down til the screams stop

watho
Aug 2, 2013

alright gang one of my contacts hooked us up with a major CEO who wants to expand his operations. the problem is that there’s a community of homeless people squatting in the building where he wants to build his third co-working office. that’s where you come in

watho
Aug 2, 2013

alright phew good to know

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i made a mod that replaced all the infamy cards which was manageable when there were 25 of them so i resent overkill for adding like 75 more

watho
Aug 2, 2013

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

EorayMel's post is good, but they're missing the most important addition:

Tiny charms you can attach to your gun.

just when i thought i was out you pull me back in

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the autos were good on death wish last i played which wasn’t too long ago

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i’m still upset about the breaker nerf. even with fully loaded aced it just can’t keep up with its ammo consumption

watho
Aug 2, 2013

there is or at least was a mod that made it so you could carry more bags. it’s technically cheating but makes playing solo or with one other person a lot more bearable

watho
Aug 2, 2013

they look sick as hell at least

watho
Aug 2, 2013

sludge meta is back baybeeee

watho
Aug 2, 2013

has anyone ever achieved robbedacop?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i just have 586,322 left to go should go by in an instant

watho
Aug 2, 2013

maybe at some point but rn i’d rather have fun playing the game. some grinds can definitely be fun but 10 hours is a bit much even for me

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Legit Businessman posted:

Who is doing the music for the game? This is literally as important as the game play itself being good.

i don’t think it’s been explicitly said anywhere but gustavo has been retweeting announcements about payday 3 for what that’s worth

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the footage is all from presskits and trailers but the impressions are real

watho
Aug 2, 2013

yeah dodge wasn’t really viable until the update that added old hoxton and the fifth skill tree and it was extremely overpowered for a long time. considering concealment and armor based movement speed and such don’t seem to be a thing anymore in 3, and a much greater focus is being put on health and armor being a resource, i don’t really see a point in dodge existing anymore. but this is all coming from someone who haven’t played the game yet so i don’t know, no-one knows. maybe in 2025 the powercreep has fully started to take root and you need dodge-crit to beat the new ONE-HEALTH game mode

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Kikas posted:

Okay so having not played any heists from the "C-Team adventures" like Border Crossing and Texas Heat storylines I decided to dive in and check out the most important parts of it - the music.

:stare: Holy poo poo I wasn't aware that we're in such good hands. I mean it's no Razormind or Ode to Greed (or Break the Rules, but nothing ever will be), but the tracks fit the theme perfectly, have great stealth sections and the assault ones make trigger happy for some Everheistin' Copstoppin'. Not gonna play them to avoid burnout before 3 tho, but wow, I was not expecting this. On The Road makes me think of a Bond song of all things, it's great.

yeah gustavo countinho is filling simon vilkunds shoes really well. he doesn’t quite reach the same peak but also people seem to forget just how many misses and forgettable songs there are in the game from the simon era

watho
Aug 2, 2013

there's a skill that makes all your timed explosives explode on impact

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Carlioo posted:

oh sick, haven't looked through the skills properly yet so I didn't know that

i don't have beta access so i just obsessively read all the info lol

watho
Aug 2, 2013

widespread posted:

Another thing I dunno about yet is that you might be limited to equipping four skills? Or it could be just a UI limitation.

I got Aced Mower, Basic Medic thingy that gives me two more charges on Medic Bag, and Recoil Control. Aced skills now count as two slots taken? No idea how to go about that other than just going for very few skills or even forgoing acing Mower... which I dunno if I wanna do since it gives Grit (+10% Damage boost) for either every 35 bullets fired OR empty mag reloaded.

it's up to 7 skill points for the beta but from what we know 21 for the full game

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i would chalk that up to unfinished UI rather than any sort of weird system where you have way more skill points than you can actually use

watho
Aug 2, 2013

don't get me wrong, the game will guaranteed have server issues on launch. that is to be expected with any online game. that said it is a months old build and not at all updated since the closed beta so i don't know how telling it is that there's "still" connections issues and such. on the other hand maybe the issues are all server side in rich case yeah that would be bad but also what the point of a stress test is so idk, guess we'll have to wait and see.

also i don't really think using a way old build for the beta in order to prevent or minimize leaks, or whatever their reasons were, is a worth the worse first impressions it inevitably leaves on people but maybe they had good reasons. i'm not a professional developer or marketer

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i really quite dislike when a game is said to have a huge hidden secret or easter egg and it turns out that oh yeah it's not implemented yet maybe in the future! :)

just really hard to get invested in that, especially when players (and people who make videos) keep referring to it as a huge mystery that's been unsolved for X years! like yeah because there is no solution yet or possibly ever

watho
Aug 2, 2013

explosivo posted:

The ARG must have not really affected the game that much because I have no idea what you all are talking about.

in payday 1 the secret is overdrill, in payday 2 it's the secret ending. now that it exists it's pretty fun but extremely obtuse to even attempt without a guide and a mod unless you like translating conlangs

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i think the mount chilliad "mystery" in GTA V is a prime example of that because by all accounts it's "solved", and if there is more to it then it isn't in the game and never will be. however almost a decade later there's still a dedicated community out there turning over stones and coming up with increasingly desperate and out there theories. beware the dog killer

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i just hope that maybe the commissar will have a chance to outsmart us again,

rear end in a top hat

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh yeah; Vlad being Cagliostro or something similar was probably always the plan, and Murkywater were always going to be the personal troops of the antagonist. A lot of those parts were set out at launch or shortly thereafter.

the murkywater people going from shady mercs to generic villain goons has always been the worst part of the supernatural storyline to me. just completely ruined any sort of appeal they had as a faction

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Coolguye posted:

isn't bo out of the picture because of the whole insider trading thing

now to be fair, he was the insider information that was being used to trade, he wasn't doing the insider trading. now that whole situation was caused by him using overkill stock that he knew was gonna tank as collateral for loans for his other company which the bankers who issued the loan then decided to do said insider trading with.

it's a lot

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i won't stand for this money plane slander

watho
Aug 2, 2013

explosivo posted:

No, you couldn't even play solo right now if you wanted to, even in a private game full with friends/all bots it still has to "matchmake" before the lobby is actually created.

yeah because the servers are all hosted by starbreeze instead of one of the players hosting the lobby like it was in payday 2. it has the advantage of not kicking everyone if the host leaves or crashes but the disadvantage of… well all of this

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tulip posted:

One that's been kind of funny has been the ascent of dragon's breath, since it was received so poorly on its initial release.

i mean on release dragon's breath didn't activate overkill which is the pillar of shotgun builds so it was always just too much of a trade off to really feel worth it. that as well as the ammo pickup penalty that completely nullified walk-in closet or fully loaded aced just made it not that great or fun to use. once both of those things were fixed and changed it became absurdly good

watho
Aug 2, 2013

one of the biggest things i remember not liking about raid was that you didn't pick up ammo drops automatically but had to interact with them which i guess was supposed to make things feel more tense and tactical but it just slowed everything down and made things super awkward feeling

watho
Aug 2, 2013

top men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

lol