Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Apparently I decided to start playing this game like, two days after the whole Pay2Day scandal erupted. Impeccable timing! :suicide:

Anyway... Hello. I'm on the U.S. West Coast, so I'm playing well after most people go to bed (lots of angry-sounding Russians in pub matches). If the Steam group is still a thing, here's my Steam profile. I'm currently playing Enforcer/Armorer build, but trying to wrap my head around an Akimbo Fugimind with Grinder. I'm also very unclear on half the poo poo in the game: how to kill shields without using HE Loco, WTF Infamy is, why people are obsessed over not using "sub-optimal" guns/builds in a casual co-op game, etc.

Just so this isn't a completely worthless intro post, here's a screenshot of my Slaughterhouse dance-off versus Officer D-Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Akimbo builds, here's my current mix at Infamy 2. I'm still trying to decide between Rogue or Grinder though. With Rogue I get amazing Dodge numbers, but Grinder does let me heal up incredibly often. It just feels like with Rogue I'm always half a second from dying, health-wise.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 7, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Laputanmachine posted:

If you mixed up your weapon specs a bit you could lose the aced from sneaky bastard and low blow and use those points for other things. Inspire aced is crazy good and never not take it if you invest that much in mastermind.

I'd say lose the extended mags (you have fast reloads anyway) and change the red dot sight on Crosskill to marksman sight at least. Maybe also change the suppressor on crosskill to something less massive or lose it completely since you have no ghost skills to back it up. If you're sneaking you can just bring some baby weapon with small suppressor since damage don't matter on stealth, and even if things go loud you have your akimbos to carry you.
Good points. I'll have to keep Low Blow aced or else I don't have the points to unlock the top tier, and for some weird reason Trigger Happy doesn't apply to Akimbo.

quote:

Edit 2: Take swan song aced holy poo poo what is wrong with you
And sacrifice what in its place? I played with Swan Song last go around, and it never felt as incredible as everyone seems to advertise. For the same 12 points I could ace Uppers, have a billion first aid kits, and not have to Swan Song all the time in the first place.

isndl posted:

On Overkill Grinder is straight up better, you don't even need to take cover if you're killing cops fast enough. On DW it's more of a tradeoff, Rogue could be better if you're bringing First Aid Kits to top off and use cover properly but I still prefer the regen of Grinder overall.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying Grinder right now. The ability to regen Armor and Health feels really good.

EDIT: In an attempt to not be THAT INTERNET GUY, I'll give the following build a try. And yes, I included Swan Song. :rolleyes:

Goredema fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Crabtree posted:

Its just a matter of taste whether you want to behead cloakers in honorable combat or if you want to kill cops like Trotsky. One is somehow more stealthy than the other.

It kills me inside that my gorgeous blood-splattered chef's knife (thanks Goonmod!) has worse concealment than a loving ice axe! :argh:

EDIT: Jumping back to the topic of Fugimind builds... If I'm going to take Grinder anyway, could it be viable to just skip Dodge entirely? Here's a build I slapped together that skips the 10% dodge from Sneaky Bastard, and instead aces Low Blow. A Light Ballistic Vest + Thick Skin aced = 50 armor, 15 of which regens every 2 seconds due to Bullseye. In addition, having Low Blow aced means that the cut-off for detection risk is 25, which means there are a ton of weapons you can bring along if you feel like some variety, including some high-damage stuff that can't quite squeeze in to the normal Low Blow / Sneaky Bastard build.

Is the trade-off worth it? No dodge at all, but extra armor and more weapon variety? I doubt I'll try it out right now, but thought it might be an interesting thought exercise.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 8, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Goredema posted:

Jumping back to the topic of Fugimind builds... If I'm going to take Grinder anyway, could it be viable to just skip Dodge entirely? Here's a build I slapped together that skips the 10% dodge from Sneaky Bastard, and instead aces Low Blow. A Light Ballistic Vest + Thick Skin aced = 50 armor, 15 of which regens every 2 seconds due to Bullseye. In addition, having Low Blow aced means that the cut-off for detection risk is 25, which means there are a ton of weapons you can bring along if you feel like some variety, including some high-damage stuff that can't quite squeeze in to the normal Low Blow / Sneaky Bastard build.

Is the trade-off worth it? No dodge at all, but extra armor and more weapon variety? I doubt I'll try it out right now, but thought it might be an interesting thought exercise.

Wow, no comments on my weird, potentially lovely Fugimind idea that skips dodge entirely? I thought you guys would flip out!

On a side note, the second mission of Saints Row 3 did skydiving better than Overkill, because they don't give a poo poo about realism and concentrate on making things fun. Seriously, how can you not love this cut scene?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

maswastaken posted:

If you insist:
Why do you have Ace Spotter?
Why do you have Ace Duck and Cover when you can't possibly dodge?
Why do you have no upgraded deployables?
Ace Gunslinger got obsoleted by the rebalance and the re-rebalance didn't change that.
I don't think the damage from the Flash Hider is worth losing accuracy over.

1. Ace Spotter is in case I drop into a pub game that's stealthing. At least I'll have something to do other than leave immediately. But yeah, it could be sacrificed.
2. Duck and Cover was an oversight last night. I've messed around with the build this morning and ended up with a revised build that removes Duck and Cover.
3. From my (limited) experience so far, I've found that my main contribution to teams has been to run around rescuing team mates about to die by sprinting over to them and applying liberal DPS. I've also noticed that for some reason, people on pub servers have a severe bias against using first aid kits if there's a doctor's bag anywhere on the map. I figured that Inspire aced would make up for a lack of an upgraded deployable.
4. Wait, what's that about Gunslinger not being worth acing? That would save me a ton of points! I could do something like this with Mastermind instead, and have a sidekick to help out.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

They drop via Goonmod.

Wish Goonmod had an option for achievement mods...

Seriously though, thank you so much, Overkill, for locking this poo poo behind autistically-specific achievements! I agree it's super easy to get a group of people together to do a mission on Deathwish, with everybody wearing sombreros and carrying identical melee microphones, just so I can get the "Mariachi Madness" achievement and unlock the "Noticeably Superior Upper Receiver" for my favorite gun. :fuckoff:

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Klaus88 posted:

:captainpop:

How can I do this?

After a little research, I think I found your answer:

1. Using Notepad or Wordpad or whatever, open \Steam\steamapps\common\PAYDAY 2\mods\GoonMod\mods\gage_coins.lua
2. Search for the following: ExtendedInv:AddItem(GageCoins.CoinID, 1)
3. Change the "1" to however many coins you'd like to receive when you complete a Gage Courier collection, and then save the file.
4. Profit.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Make it a Stealth heist, with him as an NPC helping on the heist. There's a 10% chance that at some point during the heist, he leans in and whispers to you

...and then shoots you with an un-silenced shotgun, alerting everyone on the map. Before you can react, he jumps off the balcony, never to be seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

CommunistPancake posted:

what sort of loophole did they use to get this on steam

The "A Literal Pile of poo poo Could Get On Steam At This Point" loophole.