Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
This used to be silly on 360 and I'm sure early PC that even civs would appear to be feedbacked.

I primarily use ecm for doors. I'll feedback the getaway on firestarter 1. I find feedback useful for some ugly deathwish jams when the cops are overloading. I usually feedback at the end of diamond museum.

E: also feedback rats 3 bag throwing and depending on how hosed up oil 2 ending gets.

I never ecm rush outside of election 1 and frames 1.

swims fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

That console update is pretty funny actually. The guy gets really defensive towards the end about the community not believing they are making progress. It's update #10.

swims
May 5, 2014

isndl posted:

You could take literally anything else in the tree for those four points and get more use out of it, though? :confused:

Of all the stuff that's left over to get Kilmer it's the most... Intriguing I guess? I don't use medpacks. Don't need zip ties. Hand guns and the band aid skills don't apply to me.

Here's my build if you wanna see an xbox1 plebe build. I use a JP and Mac 10. Rogue/ occasional infiltrator.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mnkmhJEfGDa:eiGDa:tJEGbDa:grNOlHIjeFGCDa:fda:ibcdea:::

^^from the guide there is a funny one I remember on nightclub where you get more xp if you c4 the safes than if you pick them

swims fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 9, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

I've had SS trigger a million times. It's all about staging the civs and knowing where theyre at. I honestly just kill any tied up civs with the exception of bank tellers. For style points though the only ones that matter are the construction workers on dogs and docks, escape civs and scientist.

The whole point of my build is any job any time. I know it's frowned upon- but console is different with less consistency of crews. Pick lock and ecm door are mandatory. Basically switching guns is the only thing needed from say forest to shadowraid.

I hate prefacing everything with "console" but the community is tiny, the game is super fast in between jobs and no one changes their builds between rounds. Inspire ace is for scrubs and scrub crews. Inspire basic is good though. Anyone in max armor is in the wrong room.

I get kicked a lot

swims
May 5, 2014

Mendozas are the guys you kill that aren't cops

swims
May 5, 2014

I mainly host. When I say it's different, assume every player in the game is either coming from or about to go play Fifa or cod or destiny, etc. 99% of console players will inspire you in front of a cloaker or bully before killing them. I've been playing pd2 for a long time and I do go out of my way to help dudes learn the game.

swims
May 5, 2014

Favorites - all loud
Nightclub
Dockyard
Oil
Frames
Forest- I mainly do the chopper escape but have been messing around with the train car demolition stuff. I did plane once and that was enough.

I do love a good ovk speed run Rats still. This has never got old for me.

Least
Jewelry
Frames stealth
Hoxton
Bank stealth
Car shop (console doesn't even have this job but just from reading about it and watching vids...)

swims
May 5, 2014

I'm pretty certain those oil 2 shutters can still be activated on 360. They close and most of the main room goes dark. I think you could walk through them on the side right by where the pool table room door entrance is.

There were people thinking the caution stripe outline on the ground was secret related. It was just the outline where the shutters land.

swims
May 5, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

The new thread tag is perfect.

Payday 2: (RT) The Police

would own tho

swims
May 5, 2014

That 1 skin which looks kinda cool is the JP one. The one with a snake picture. Other than that... Nothing has jumped out

Edit: computers; hacking, etc

swims fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 21, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Big oil fix seems weird. I thought the flash bang doors were part of the "story" that the bikers booby trapped the house.

swims
May 5, 2014

Do the punks appear up on firestarter bank?

swims
May 5, 2014

Console update is birth of sky coming to console. Uncertain if that means everything in between.

swims
May 5, 2014

Fwiw (nothing) the most common console loadout for loud I run across is AK, para, kitchen knife, ammo.

E: I run JP, Mac 10 almost at all times

swims
May 5, 2014

Sounds of animals fighting achievement. Tried it solo with bots off and it did not work. Do you need 4 players?

swims
May 5, 2014

Lol

Will it actually give you a message when kicked like "played less than X hours?"

swims
May 5, 2014

Had a nightclub run with 8 bags of Coke. Never seen that before in literally years of playing this game. Long guide doesn't have any numbers on it- does anyone know how rare that is?

If it matters, console, so whenever bomb heist update was for reference. Opened safe with lockpick if that matters too.

swims
May 5, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

four bags in each of two additional safes? Lockpicking wouldn't be relevant, and I think per-safe odds are just random distribution 1-4. I think the odds of 2 versus 1 extra safe are 50/50 on upper difficulties, so that would make the odds of this happening 3.125%

Mission money bag was 4

Other safe was 8 Coke

swims
May 5, 2014

Psion posted:

90 base ammo is still garbage and bad, though, see if you can get Overkill to make the AMR base 120

Yeah the falcon, m16 and especially eagle are such fun guns to use but outside of diamond museum I almost never use them because the ammo and ammo return is so low.

swims
May 5, 2014

As a console player this hold RB to interact thing in the update has me cautiously optimistic.

RB is the interact button on xbox1.

I wonder if the skill tree perhaps was originally designed for console?

swims
May 5, 2014

Ripper Swarm posted:

Hey goons, has anyone here seen the 2013 Point Break remake that the DLC is based on? I liked the original 90's Point Break and Keanu Reeve's very believable performance as "World's Worst FBI Agent", but the new one seems like a subpar xXx knockoff. It is it somehow actually worth a watch?

For what it's worth I saw it and can't remember anything about it. Saw it recently too.

swims
May 5, 2014

You can solo without AI on many missions

swims
May 5, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Bad news, Vox

Doesn't affect console :smug:

E:
Assuming xb1 gets caught up to point break jobs- what are the highlights in between? I guess guns would be my main question.

swims fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 13, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Going months without a color drop seems like extreme hyperbole or the guy only plays once or twice a month.

Fwiw I have never seen electric center pattern drop on xb1. I remember on 360 and from reading about the early PC days how common that drop was. On 360 electric center was probably a 1 in 20 drop.

swims
May 5, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Would Dozer armor for players be fun now if it shredded and needed armor bags to refil it back to full iron man glory? It was an old idea we sort of kicked around back during the first thread for this game, but when the Q&A twitch stream talked about it, I don't know if I'd want extra heavy armor or not. I mean, it'd be nice for the armor bag to have a loving use in game, but just for that?

Should have to be an asset bag to re-gear and not a deployable imo. All maps with escape driver could get it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Payday 2 G3 has become my favorite video game gun. There is no downside?

Running Assault kit with all the fixings

Console, so whatever bomb heist stats are. I literally cannot complain

swims
May 5, 2014

I feel like death wish adjustments should just be no ai bots allowed, friendly fire on, down = custody and all jobs become pro job format.

swims
May 5, 2014

From that wall of text update there was mention of a console update recorded.

In all the console news they said they would not update is again until there is a release date. So I guess that is good news (for 1% of this thread).

swims
May 5, 2014

Probably jewelry store first. Shadow raid and Election Day warehouse are "built" the best to learn stealth though.

swims
May 5, 2014

Console community is hit and miss. It is mainly loud. I host a lot and only stealth a few jobs.

There are some very good players on xb1. There are also the high level guys that don't know about perk decks. Surprisingly the most common players that are high level without perk decks are guys from 360 that don't even realize tier bonuses are gone.

swims
May 5, 2014

"On the way"
Makes you faster

Aced is plural

swims
May 5, 2014

Can hotline day 2 vault drill auto restart?

Don't think I've ever seen that but I haven't actively been paying attention to that either.

swims
May 5, 2014

*console scrub*

Harbor no c4 no saw is best mission. Used to think it was crossroads. loving job is tough!

swims
May 5, 2014

Plan Z posted:

What are you playing it on? I'd like to have some info available to console players in the OP, but I only really know that the 360/PS3 versions should probably be avoided.

My other big project is tracking down live-action trailers and the like for the OP and linking them in a way that doesn't look like poo poo.

Xbox 1
I recommend the game. I would probably still recommend last gen too though for whatever that is worth. I played the gently caress outta this on 360. 360/PS3 had one update (transports and gage weapons #1).

Reports are that ovk will not release any info for console during e3 which is disappointing as I think many of us thought this was a good chance at some solid news. Hopefully they will acknowledge console in some way this week.

The update will have birth of sky but there is nothing else that has been discussed.

The X1/ps4 versions shipped with all content up to bomb heist/dragan. Including the music mixer stuff for jobs and menus- which owns. X1 has had 1 minor update that completely changed Crimenet. Ps4 no updates. Cannot speak for ps4 but X1 does not allow host to set minimum level for joining players. That is probably my main gripe I guess.

swims
May 5, 2014

Coolguye posted:

EQUIP A PERK DECK

Probably like 20% of X1 players are oblivious to perk decks. I've posted this before but most offenders actually were casual 360 players that don't realize tier bonuses are gone.

swims
May 5, 2014

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Chain whip is extremely mediocre.

Sucks to hear that. Same thing for butterfly knife. They both look so cool.

Thankfully the machete exists.

swims
May 5, 2014

If we are dreaming now, Sir Ben Kingsley would be a good contractor. He's almost perfect too.

swims
May 5, 2014

Elitist :smugbird: console player post but I'm sure it applies:

All new players that I see I immediately put them thru a dw crossroads (ok to take train docs- crew will die either way) then a harbor (die unless crazy heroics) then I run an ovk set of nightclub then rats then oil (fire them up with doc achieve). By then they will either quit or at least understand survival. Basically my formula for getting grunts.

swims
May 5, 2014

chairface posted:

It was Jewelry Store and Diamond Store, aka Free Levels. The Diamond is a different heist where we steal a particularly big individual diamond from a museum.

Does PC have level limit? Console does fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

No i mean level limit XP on missions. Most I've seen a level 1 go to was 10 or maybe 11

Console- even old school has infamy up to 5