Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Another payday 3 stress test beta(aka the EXACT the same build as August) will launch tomorrow.
https://www.paydaythegame.com/payday3/beta/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

explosivo posted:

Game feels good, a bit laggy but apparently this is a very old build. Also I could stand to turn down some graphics probably. People are pissed about having to make an account to play the game but if that means that I can start on gamepass then buy it later on steam and my progress carries over I'm cool w/ it. I might not play a whole lot of this since the actual release is so close at this point and I don't really want to spoil too much.

According to the beta FAQ any progress made in the beta will not carry over to the official release 2 weeks from now.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:pressf:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I think the secret/"true" ending in payday 2 is bad writing and idiot poo poo for fuckers and that overkill didn't actually plan it from day 1. Overdrill was better and it didn't need 6 years of false hype that felt like the devs had to cobble something together to make a payoff instead of forgetting about it or saying it was all a ruse all along.

Also now I wonder if the walking dead had a secret/ARG and nobody found it because that game failed miserably.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Vlad should come back even angrier/more insane than before and have a cryptocurrency heist IMO

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

explosivo posted:

Oh I guess the early access starts today if you preordered the expensive editions of PD3. Curious to hear any early reactions of anyone preordered!

One of my friends preordered the gold version and took a screenshot of the game showing a network connection error within the hour at least one person said "stfu you mongrel dog" in response to having trouble even getting to the matchmaking screen.

So...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbeC2w-uIEU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Apparently crime.net and hosting your own game IS in PAYDAY3, just bugged out of access because lol deep silver, the same entity that brought the world ride to hell retribution????????

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQplnd3uWYE

:thunk:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Rigorous Self-Critique is a thought in Disco Elysium.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YpQI5V2AKc

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Korean Boomhauer posted:

the AI generated art in the art heist is dumb lol. if they're really that hard up that they cant afford to pay someone to draw poo poo, let me make some neat looking garbage using a thousand tools and filters in GIMP or photoshop or whatever.

This is late but it is confirmed now that yes, starbreeze did use AI art and lied to one of their biggest sponsors about the game who helped spread the lie. And then said sponsor found out it was a lie and got extremely mad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3WWRnmtHbU&t=793s

And the patch with 200+ fixes is still nowhere to be seen. :shrug:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

truther posted:

And they half-arsed the AI art to such a degree that they even left the fake watermark symbols programmes like MidJourney create.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Starbreeze did all this intentionally, that they never intended to ship the game in a better state and with better servers and with better patches. There's just no way a company can fail in so many areas and be so chill about it for it not to have been on purpose. As far as I can tell, they never actually 'fixed' the servers... it just was a matter of waiting out Game Pass and disillusioned players. I mean, Starbreeze aren't even following up on the lack of preorder rewards for consoles not appearing, and they've even told people who never received their CE that it's not Starbreeze's problem. If my customer never received the product they paid for, you can bet I'd be contacting my delivery partner instead of telling customers it has nothing to do with you.

Meanwhile they continue to host Twitch sessions and act as if this is all totally normal.

And to think a MTX system is about to launch on top of all of this.

The whole company has such an awful attitude towards their players. I'd expect this to be their last game.

The servers were fixed in the sense that the servers don't keel over and have aneurysms from 50,000 people at once. Except they are still server errors even with 5,000 people playing :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

We’ve been quiet over the last few days, and for that we apologize.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

widespread posted:

Didn't they try that with Payday 2

I swear there are game disks for PS3 and 360 that still have the old skill tree alongside Houston being Hoxton.

Then the Crimewave Editions that probably also lost support not long after.

There was also no crossplay for 360 and PS3 that handicapped updating, at least.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

They finally updated payday 3.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Meanwhile back in the funny clown cop crime combat simulator from 2013 on the xbox 360 and ps3, guess what dropped for me today:

:pcgaming:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I wonder why they went with Murky Station instead of Shadow Raid, especially if the heists are both "copy and paste this stuff in the new engine then call it a day. don't change anything significant" including a stealth-only heist.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Well payday 3 is now 20% off and payday 2 is down to 2.50 USD for this week for anybody who cares :confuoot:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Nehru the Damaja posted:

so uh

is 3 good now
It is not good.
:pubstove:
Online only+servers are still unreliable, and the notorious day 1 server failure that lasted several days later chased off the majority of players in a week. There is also no offline mode except maybe doing the rudimentary training stage again and again. Even doing a solo queue with bots or a private game still requires queuing, and people can join your private games via your steam profile "Join Game" button.

Progressing is tied strictly to completing challenges, most of which boil down to sitting in a bathtub and farming 500 headshots with an Uzi. Next update is adding "a small amount of Infamy Points" from Almir Listro(coming next patch) to try to make people shut up about it, and the devs still clearly love the challenge/leveling system. Most people who hung around after the server incidents realized the leveling sucks rear end and also left a month after launch.

Only 8 heists and about 16 weapons total gets stale pretty fast(next update has two *new* heists...which are ports of Cook Off and Murky Station from PD2), and the concept of multi-day heists is almost certainly not going to be touched again. Anything that isn't the double barrel shotgun, m308, or a revolver is pretty worthless. Stats are ambiguous bars that grow or shrink 3 pixels per confusingly worded modifications. The most important weapon stat, armor piercing, also isn't shown to the player whatsoever, as while enemy health doesn't scale with difficulty...enemy armor does.

UI and menus are terrible and blatantly ripped off of COD, down to everything being clunky grids hiding stuff at the bottoms of pages.

The absolute fastest that updates can come out is once every 14 days due to console parity and certification. Very first update was also delayed almost a full month and addressed very little of value; hard to assume they got it ironed out now.

No voice chat whatsoever. No lobby communication to tell people you wanna stealth. Console players cannot see anything you type. No loud/stealth matchmaking filter unless you queue up the only unambiguously loud only heist. No crimenet lobby browser. Everybody is forced to split up after a heist and make a new queue, so even if you found 3 pubs who are competent you will never see them again once you are done.

People leaked the planned microtransaction items and prices that include a whopping $10.00 USD for masks you can only see in the main menu and only for other people to see in game. Said microtransactions are assumed to be put in later, but hackers already figured out how to access and wear them for free since all of it is in the files and normally inaccessible for normal users. And they look like poo poo, naturally.
:pubstove:
It is going to take a very long time for payday 3 to :gitgud:. Meanwhile payday 2 is only $2.50 USD for the thanksgiving sale right now and at least has basic poo poo like communication features and an offline mode in case you're playing during a hurricane.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 27, 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:hmmyes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Today’s update deals with a number of bugs and quality of life updates. Among the more noticeable is a change in how the game handles any damage over time effects.

The thing we really wanted to bring up in this message however, is that we’ve also bundled a lot of our licensed content in the game into one DLC. We did this in order to ensure you’ll always keep access to the content regardless of any future changes.
We’ll make sure to announce ahead of time when/if anything changes, we didn’t want you to worry when you spotted the DLC.

This also means we’ve moved around a few of the requirements of some achievements, again, this won’t affect those who already have them.

:ccb: For PAYDAY 2 instead of 3 :ccb:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

First paid dlc finally dropped after 7+ hours of server maintenance and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Lol:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

To celebrate(?) the title change here is something fun to look at

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:cumpolice: :ccb: Welcome to Operation Medic Bag :ccb: :cumpolice:

Last month, we shared a short update letting you know that we were working on an updated comprehensive roadmap of what we’re doing for PAYDAY 3 over the course of 2024.

Summarizing all the feedback from our community, we have identified what we believe will be some of the most impactful changes to PAYDAY 3, listing them in this post.

Making PAYDAY 3 live up to community expectations is a major project for our studio, so we’re grateful to have you along for the ride.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

explosivo posted:

Cool so maybe this game will be worth checking on in.. 12-24 months? If the studio stays open that long? I have no idea why anyone would feel compelled to buy or play this game after reading an update like that until everything's done. This is like "we realized you hate every single thing about our game so we're changing everything over the course of the next two years".

Edit: I mean good on them for listening to the feedback I guess but at this point it feels like trying to change the course of the Titanic while it's already broken in half and sinking.

Yeah this is obviously a too little and too late scenario and even in the best case scenario of all these changes implemented (well) and in a reasonable time frame its not enough to undo any of the damage done to the game or company.

There's a reason why Payday 2, even with all its ups and downs over a decade of support, has tens of thousands of people playing it to this day while Payday 3 is struggling to go beyond 300 players

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Meanwhile for funny crime clown cop combat simulator 2013 also playable on the ps3 and xbox 360:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

They updated the game with 300 fixes :confuoot:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How many CEOs have rotated in and out of starbreeze in the past decade? 3?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

they should be fine for money I would think. for all its flaws this game did sell like gangbusters. there’s something fundamentally wrong with their workflows and processes. i actually don’t think pd3 was a badly designed game. I really like the heists that are there. there’s just so much basic poo poo missing and so much jank present and such an enormous delay in fixing anything or adding new content

With all the online-only server costs and that all the money came from preorders and day 1 purchases since nobody is buying it in 2024, I question if this game did make a profit despite what Starbreeze said. Even Embracer said it fell short of expectations and for how trigger-happy Embracer is for killing studios for far less I'm kind of surprised there's no talk, at least publically, about how Starbreeze should go on the chopping block.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kikas posted:

I remember that the excuse with Payday 2 was "yeah well our engine is a real pain in the rear end to work with" but with the move to Unreal, this excuse is gone. And that's why it pisses me off twice as hard.

And the classic racing game engine crashes have been brought back via matchmaking errors, which feels even meaner because at least in payday 2 most of the crashes would just crash to desktop right away. If you crash or get a matchmaking error in payday 3, the error message menu has a button to go back to the main menu or reconnect, but it's grayed out. And the only button you can access is quit game, wasting that much more time :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

They are adding quickplay and player merging in the next update.

Perhaps the second part has already been achieved:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

We’ve made significant improvements to our backend, making sure that games should be more stable overall. We solved the top offenders causing servers to crash or matches to fail, around 90+% of server crashes and with this patch, around 70% of client (game) crashes.

The game should be a lot more stable going forward, thanks to everyone that chooses to report when those pesky crashes do happen, it really helps.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Lord Packinham posted:

People meme about a game being dead but this and the new suicide squad are legit dead. Maybe they have sunk too much into it , but I imagine they are going to cut their losses sooner rather than later at some point.

Pretty much, yeah. I still think Payday 3 is ultimately worse, just because of how much more dysfunctional and directionless it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also they changed Vlad's face in the update, now achieving parity with blurred out Dallas