Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Fellis posted:

I agree with all of this and whining about the COP pack after the fact is pretty hilarious. The only thing I think is legitimate is that those skins should have come mint-condition only because rolling a poop gun sucks. If you didn't get a skin that you wanted, sorry, that's what the market is for.

Wait, but, gun skins are free to overkill, so, wouldn't fixing this be free? Will they lose money if people don't use the market to recycle their lovely unwanted items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Ouch, beaten. That movie is a forgotten classic.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

oohhboy posted:

Had to look this one up. Now I have to watch it.

Can you save us the time and say what it is?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

oohhboy posted:

Sabagebu!

Fleve posted:

Sabagebu. Anime about a girl who's a huge jerk joining a survival game club. It's good.
Thanks! That sounds awesome!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ClonedPickle posted:

The Gewehr 3 has a mod that will increase the total ammo (Assault Kit), which makes it strictly better than the Eagle Heavy in my opinion. The Falcon has an extended magazine option that will bring it to 40 rounds over the other two battle rifles' 20, so it's a choice between total ammo, mag size, or whatever the Eagle Heavy has going for it. It might be more stable than the others? Probably not stable enough to make up for it, but as long as you're not on Death Wish don't worry about ~optimal guns~.

The Assault Kit also greatly lowers damage, which kinda defeats the point of the G3. I mean, at that point you could just be using a CAR-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

FutureCop posted:

Tried some RAID out, was kinda fun, but I had mostly the same complaints that other people have brought up: old graphics/animations, unsatisfying inaccurate/low damage gunplay, repetitive callouts, lame ultimate/warcrys, uninvigorating music and odd musical/sound cues, boring passive percentage abilities. Basically, while it has plenty of pizazz in the presentation with the funny cutscenes and humor and setup, it just lacks pizazz in the actual gameplay.

I feel like the game could be pretty good, but would need another layer of polish to make it 'feel' better. While I think it would be best to take a lot of time to make big changes, if they were to try and fix the game with the smallest changes possible before launch, I think they'd have to be:

1) Make guns louder/more accurate/more damaging across the board. Right now it's too much like Payday 1 or early Payday 2 where guns just feel so bad. It's way too unsatisfying to fight against guns when you, the player, have worked on your aim. I'm not saying they should be laser guns, but they should work beyond a few feet.

2) Make treasure a more integral part of the game. I would go through entire levels without finding a scrap of treasure and the game just doesn't reinforce the whole 'heist' and 'thieving' nature. Nobody says anything about looking for treasure, there are no treasure objectives except after the point, and it's so rare to find. I'd like it to be more like Wolfenstein or early Payday 2 levels where money and gems are scattered around, as well as big hidden optional objectives.

3) Dogtags? Why would a bunch of thieves bother with rescuing dogtags? Honestly just do a model swap of all dogtags to change them to gems or gold bars and it would be a lot more satisfying and thematic to find them.

4) Make warcrys cooler. Right now most of them as passive buffs that are lackluster, and the visual feedback is just a color aura. I think all warcrys should induce some kind of invincibility/damage resistance and maybe enemy 'panic', and most should have a cool effect beyond a passive number buff. The cluster grenade is an alright one, but why does it require that you have grenades when the ultimate should just give you grenades? The autoaim one is neat and feels good, but it shouldn't be on the sniper, but rather someone with full auto so they mow people down (and maybe infinite ammo to boot?).
I played Raid, and, I think I'd agree with all of this, 100%. It's also surprising how many lessons they un-learned to make this.