Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm going to dismiss out of hand anyone that sends you into Deathwish in a CTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I wonder if larger-scale jobs against PMCs will align us back to being Robin Hoods or if we're still Ultra-Hitlers.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

As we're drawing fresh blood for the new thread, I re-submit my loose argument for a Campaign-style playthrough of the entire backlog of heists. I'm gonna try to keep on this as more jobs & heistdads/moms are added.
Check it here, pals.

Isn't Counterfeit before Heat Street because that's where you get the plates Matt steals?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Finally a real chance to use my bag catching skills

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My go-to build has been Deagle/HE Light Crossbow with Rogue or Grinder. But I found I can pull off the same DR with the Cavity/Judge. Cavity's a blast -- it's like my stealth headclicker car4 except it does real damage. Anyone been running a setup like this? Would an HE Pistol Crossbow be a better option than the Judge? (Not using Swan Song.) I don't have the ninja pack but might pick it up over the Christmas sale.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I stealthed Big Oil day one with just melee yesterday, so that was neat. The Buzzer makes it a lot more feasible then without though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

In what world am I using Grinder and still falling enough to justify Swan Song

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got my Deathwish skull right after the Bomb Heists.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Some of the infamy masks and materials are quite good but if you don't give a poo poo about that then there's no reason to go past infamy 5. If you want to get all the masks you can do it by infamy 17. Infamy 25 is for people like myself who just loooove Jewelry Store.

Your post-infamy rotation includes that?

By late teens infamies, you can get to 40ish by doing two Deathwish Mallcrashers at the start, 50ish by following with two DW Shadow Raids, and then 60+ with one good Overkill Rats.

chairface posted:

It took me way too long to figure out you can just drive the truck all the way into the train yard on Aftershock and thus skip 1/2-2/3 of the safe-lugging entirely.

Just lug them to the wall. You're not making any use of the time waiting for C4 anyway. Then you drive the truck up 10 feet, load it up, back it in.

And for some reason lately this has had the effect of making Bile show up for evac almost instantaneously (unless everyone's getting that.)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Where were you three months ago???

On break from Payday like everyone

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Klaus88 posted:

Default escape Big Bank was quite an experience. :shepface:

Never again.

C4 Tunneling is worse.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did 104 bags on ovk. No achievement. What the hell.

edit: Apparently it's set to only count presents (not bags from the safe event), and only down the chimneys. My squad got 98 presents and 2 toast down the chimney and then carried 4 out on our backs. No achievement.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 11, 2015

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I will give up all ten masks for a Mega Mr Smooth.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

BillmasterCozb posted:

I'm surprized nobody's mixed more voice lines into Donacdum. I'm sure "ARMS OUTSTRETCHED" could fit in there somewhere

It really needs more stuff before the beat comes back in. In those little pauses. More "EVERYBODY! GET YOUR HANDS UP!" type lines.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got a concealment boost in my card drops. Except I don't know what the gently caress I can use it on. I can't apply it to anything I have, it seems, and I can't just go look at the boost itself to see if it lists the weapons it's good on. What the hell?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tempest_56 posted:

Slap it on the Judge and get it to 30 concealment. Or there's a +3 one for the Bernetti 9, which can take it to 33 concealment.

I can't.

I literally don't know what gun it goes on but it sure as hell isn't anything I've checked.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Plan Z posted:

The FAMAS, the PPK, the Bernetti, P90, and the Bronco all have a unique concealment mods if that helps narrow it down.

It does! I don't use any of those and that goes a long way to explaining why I couldn't find what it worked on.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Done with infamy so I have room to mess around with builds again. Current two are a dodge build for rogue or grinder using Cavity 9mm and HE Judge, and a Masterforcer with Muscle, sniper rifle, and SMG.

With all the new decks and boosts, though, I gotta imagine there's some cool new poo poo that wasn't possible before. Anyone got fun suggestions? I might rebuild my pistol-focused Deagle/HE Light Crossbow build but it's pretty duplicative of the Cavity/Judge one.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah I've done the basic techforcer and akimbo builds. I mean like is there any cool new set of weapons we can cram into a dodge build with the concealment boost, and/or looking for something outside the two and a half build archetypes everything in this game seems to gravitate toward.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The Vertex feels like everything I want in an SMG. How's it hold up on Deathwish? I don't know what the current breakpoints are.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

With the Buzzer, you stand a reasonable chance of sneaking day one with melee only on Overkill.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reddit seriously angry new dlc isn't priced similar to two year old dlc during a twice yearly sale. At this point they might as well release the gently caress /R/paydaytheheist Heist, because nothing is going to please that psychotic little ant mill.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Re thread title : The goatfuck is *colossal*. Get it right or pay the price.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If you solo deathwish it's like the one time the roof zipline is good for that reason. Empty that floor, ship your bags out, circle the roof and drop down near the back riverfront area. There's a nice little staircase of crates for it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I played a ton back in the day and a bit after the first weapon rebalance. I've got my deathwish skull and all that, so I knew my way around whatever Payday 2 used to be. How much has changed? Are dodge builds still fun and good?

Previous favorite gun picks included Deagle + Light Crossbow, or Cavity + Pistol Crossbow. Do I need to rethink how I pick weapons with whatever's new?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 26, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jesus, builds and gun loadouts seem like a nightmare ever since I left. Was literally every gun nerfed?

I can't find any dodge loadout that feels as good as Clarion/Judge, Light Crossbow/Deagle, Grenade Launcher/LEO, etc. used to. Best thing I've come up with was akimbo interceptors and Pistol Crossbow and lord it's disappointing.

I tried a Gambler deck build akin to the old Masterforcers and I feel so weak and terrible.

In summary it feels like everything is way better at killing me and I am way worse at killing anything. What the hell?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ex-presidents seems pretty slick in armor so far too but I've only given it a couple runs. Ghosted out Eagle Heavy and Kross Vertex feel excellent.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Can anyone confirm or deny that akimbo SMGs work for the 25 enemies in 25 seconds trophy? Also, has anyone got a good spot for it? There's an enemy spawn in a back closet area on Undercover, but I don't own that one. It also seems like they moved the Watchdogs day 2 spawns that used to be behind the shipping containers to just feed infinite swat corpses.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thanks for confirmation that you can use akimbos for the SMG trophy. I just got it on a Safe House Raid where the host and pals were a little in over their head. Tons of meat to rip through. I'm using silenced akimbo Heathers on my suit build with Ex-Presidents and it's been a blast.

Tried going for Failed Assassination and I think we were pretty close but my buddy owns the heist and I don't and he's not exactly known for his aim. So our plan of "you take Rattlesnake for trash mobs, I take Thanatos for dozers/big lines" led to me being the only one not in captivity trying to shout down cops both to trade in for him and because the ammo count/reload is painful.

Is there any faster way to spam escapes for the Van trophy than Four Stores?

Unrelated: I've cleared all the stealth One Downs except Train Heist so I'm about to get ready to get my poo poo rocked going for that skull.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"There's no point in killing civilians!" - an idiot who never had to stealth Big Bank

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

You don't want to kill civilians in big bank if you can avoid it. Each dead civilian increases the likelihood that Gensec sends police by 4%.

Edit: thanks. I guess it just feels like 20!

On the other hand, trying to control the loan floor up top is insane and pointless and people stop coming up there if everyone at their desks is dead.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

One of my friends got buttmad that I'm better at stealth than he is and has basically refused to help me on things now so I've been completing shitloads without him. Car Shop is my last stealth heist to get on 1D. Nailed it! I can drat near do DW forest solo with bots but their pathing gets hosed on the escape. I got 19 meth bags with just bots but then they finally stopped listening to my shouts, ran out and died simultaneously and I had to cash out.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I like solo stealth because only I can screw up. I had someone spotting for me on Golden Grin 1D and he was backing into guards and catching bodies and poo poo while I'm trying to run the drat mission.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Please don't candystab truck or trailers.

Also here's a mask I just made. Hot drat.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I put together a DW/1D build. I've already got a bog standard ICTV anarchist frenzy build, but this one's for dodge. Ran a couple DWs with it and it seemed fine but can I get any suggestions?

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABDflr:eabDEfhJl:gGJKLmNOpQr:fr:ibcdea:pO8::w40-27-6-1-28-12:s49-2-25-10:a3

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Not using shotguns is a pretty big change, though it frees up a lot of points if I go with SMGs. I've been using akimbo Heathers silenced and HE pistol crossbow in my usual overkill build. Will they hack it on DW?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's Mega Gage Blade, Sakura material, Claw Attack pattern, and hot pink/blue color.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My sleep habits are utterly ruined so I spent that time getting Failed Assassination and Meth trophies with just me and bots. I'm only 3 trophies away from a complete house (though Robbedacop seems like it'd take a good year or so and Ultimate Heister is gonna take a lot of work.)

Unrelated: I used to use Pocohud and Goonmod before I took a long time off. Right now I'm using default. Anyone got any opinions on Wolfhud? I've used poco before and been generally satisfied. More than anything I just want my purple laser back, but numbers and stuff are nice too.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Psion posted:

Not really, no. you'll run out of ammo pretty fast with the current multipliers. I'd say give shotguns a try, but be aware they've been hit pretty hard with said health multiplier changes. With crits, which you'll have, they might do alright. So uh, don't ditch crits.

Yeah it falls apart real fast if I can't get back out there and reclaim the ammo I've spent. So people dodging on 1D -- do they just pretty much go with akimbo interceptors/chimanos and an HE pistol crossbow? That's the only low detection setup I can figure out that works other than the shotguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

djw175 posted:

Oh, do bots not count for "everyone in your crew needs this" things? That'll make getting those a ton easier.

I used bots on:
Failed Assassination
Clueless
Meth
Snipe It
and I THINK Staying Alive.

I can also confirm that on Humanitarian, it only cares about the individual player. Other players can kill medics. So while I didn't run that with bots, you should be able to. That said, bots tend to poo poo themselves on any high-intensity heist where there's a lot of movement, so it's probably not a good idea. The only way I could pull off Meth was to order them up to the lab room with me and leave as rarely as possible. Every trip out for supplies or to move bags risked the bots getting caught up in a pointless fight and dying, so I had to make excursions quick and keep bringing them back upstairs immediately.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 2, 2016