Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a .txt or likewise I can peruse for this Minecraft stuff? I need something to read while I drink tonight and go into a deep dark hole.

Google "minecraft modpack permissions" and you should have enough to drink yourself to oblivion. I think a lot of the Technic Pack guys are goons and they've been at or near the center of a lot of the drama, so I'm sure the modded minecraft thread has a lot of good stories too.

tl;dr version is that for whatever reason some mod developers believe that only their modifications are good and others aren't acceptable, so they've pulled poo poo like having their mods disable themselves in the presence of others they don't like, interfering with other mods, or in some cases even corrupting saves when someone tries to play them the "wrong" way.

The Kerbal Space Program community has occasionally seemed like it's going that direction too (especially when a few of the drama creators from Minecraft started doing KSP mods), but I think the fact that mods posted on the official forum are required to provide source code prevented it from getting too bad. Not all mods are properly "open source" in that they could be forked if the developer(s) go off the deep end, but the source being viewable by all prevents any useful tricks from remaining hidden from the community at large, so if someone goes full retard with a mod someone else can re-implement it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Basticle posted:

Are mutators working with the latest PD version? Neither Excessive Force and National Guard seemed to actually do anything when I played last night (not everyone in lobby had goonmod so couldnt try them all)

I just started playing again last night and reinstalled Goonmod this morning, mutators definitely worked when I did a test around noon.

I had National Guard, Bomb Squad, fast movement and dozer shields enabled and can confirm that at least the last three worked. I didn't survive long enough to tell whether there were actually more cops than usual but it seemed like it probably worked too.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Crabtree posted:

Sorry man, I got him earlier. And since I put Beiki in I'll hang the group chat over the weekend waiting to steal poo poo with him.

I know him IRL and will make sure he gets the message. I'll also vouch for his ability to carry a group of drunk idiots at our LANs through heists we shouldn't have survived.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby

Screens from https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/4c98qa/im_just_gonna_leave_this_here/

This is going to make my next LAN interesting. We all like playing Payday but we usually have 5-7 people so we end up having to split in to two groups with bots (which doesn't work well since half the players aren't great) or leave people out.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 28, 2016

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

BillmasterCozb posted:

Ok, how do you say Graphics? Do you say guh-rah-fiks, or gir-ah-fiks

JPEG is Joint Photographic Experts Group.

Are you saying you pronounce it "jay-pheg" or do you now realize why this particular argument is bad? Acronym pronunciation doesn't depend on how the words the acronym stands for are pronounced.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Medics, fun...

quote:

In order to increase the life expectancy of police officers when facing the immense firepower of the PAYDAY Gang, the Washington Metro Police has finally received much needed reinforcements. Well-trained, armed Medic units can now provide instant first aid during combat, keeping officers in the fight for longer. Though some of the more jaded veterans in the force are commenting that these new guys just became a new priority target...

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/ovk-media/video/house/medic-revivex.mp4

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Wilko posted:

Mutators are going live and we're streaming shortly at: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze!

Wilko you are the best, I hope my friends don't see this update so I can spring Hydra and Creeps on them without them knowing WTF.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Please tell me more, this sounds hilarious and awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G-zpfCwIO0 seems like it's what they're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

rage-saq posted:

I hope this isn't tacit acknowledgement that they are halfassing VR and not implementing two handed rifles and are going with teleportation instead of real locomotion. I would love to play this game in VR.

When they show the non-VR cross play the VR player is picking the bank back door and then you see him move inside in a way that to me resembles gamepad-style movement. I can't think of any way to make teleportation work that wouldn't be completely game breaking, not to say that Overkill is immune from breaking the game from time to time.