Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

graynull posted:

"This mod requires 'Rockin' Knockers 1.5.2', 'Butthole Blast 3.1' and 'Immersive Giant Clits 0.3+'"

I get that it's not all about that, it just amuses me greatly that such features always seem to be tied to those mods.

It also confuses me that mods like CBBE are female only. Like, I could see past the nude part if it was an overall character model improvement. But the male models can all be minecraft voxels, as long as my waifu looks like a 4k sac of bowling balls.

Haha, I mean it's true in a lot of cases, but CBBE is also tied to BlodySlider, which is used to edit the attachment/morph points on armor to male and female forms. I think CBBE is only now coming out with male forms soon though because they couldn't make dicks without acccess to the GECK so :iiam:

But banning the ENTIRE modgroup because someone may make a vagina for consoles? :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
So this Resurrection Lite, how the heck do I kill off these incredibly loud bird sounds? I already renamed the ambient wav file in the mod and no change.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Vagina on consoles? challenge accepted.
there are nude male mods, i use one, but yeah, its pretty basic.
at least it scratches that "everyone wears the same undies in a postnuclear wasteland" mind itch, one of many.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I got into the habit of ignoring armor mods because they almost all require CBBE, not because "Oh no boobs" but because I don't like the model. I like the default potato people more then the CBBE.

I don't need any kinda nude mods to alleviate same-undies-itis in FO4 because I finally learned not to horde armor, that's valuable weight surgical trays and duct tape could be taking up.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

I got into the habit of ignoring armor mods because they almost all require CBBE, not because "Oh no boobs" but because I don't like the model. I like the default potato people more then the CBBE.

I don't need any kinda nude mods to alleviate same-undies-itis in FO4 because I finally learned not to horde armor, that's valuable weight surgical trays and duct tape could be taking up.

does potato-people even apply to Fallout 4? Peeps look really good in 4 imo, Bethesda has come a really long way since the dark days of Oblivion.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
you can get an identical to vanilla body in cbbe, its more a framework to reduce clipping and weirdness, afaik
i mean, sure, we have nine hundred and one sets of sliders, but you can ignore them, pull up the vanilla body on cbbe (conform all to whatever you feel like, if you want) then push a battan and receive bacon in the shape of everything fitting. it refits everything to whatever sliders you have.
otoh, its down to playstyle as well, its alternate future kleptomania simulator for me,
I think more than new armor, you should be able to scrap more types of armor to get better individual components, same with guns and so on, I think the scrapper perk needs a couple more levels, granting the ability to get closer to 8/10 components than 3/10, and being able to get slightly more esoteric components, like those wires and mic and dosimeter from a vault suit, instead of a scrap or two of cloth,
making keeping some crap armour actually viable for breaking down later.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 7, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

staberind posted:

you can get an identical to vanilla body in cbbe, its more a framework to reduce clipping and weirdness, afaik
i mean, sure, we have nine hundred and one sets of sliders, but you can ignore them, pull up the vanilla body on cbbe (conform all to whatever you feel like, if you want) then push a battan and receive bacon in the shape of everything fitting. it refits everything to whatever sliders you have.

That's still a lot of things to do for "I want to change nothing".

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

outta the way perverts, it looks like War Of The Commonwealth updated. Hopefully this resolves the faction issues so I can actually use it and not have my settlers inexplicably attack pack brahmin.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's still a lot of things to do for "I want to change nothing".

what are you doing right now?
you are digesting something, your body is regulating your temperature, you are breathing etc etc, but you would still say "nothing"

although i agree with your point,
its not much to get heaps of extra armor,
plus, if you, like myself, think that Armour does not actually need a cameltoe, you can make it slightly less ridiculous with a couple of minutes in bodyslide.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirDan3k posted:

Is that really a thing people care about? Everyone wearing the same underwear? It's the apocalypse.

staberind posted:

what are you doing right now?
you are digesting something, your body is regulating your temperature, you are breathing etc etc, but you would still say "nothing"

although i agree with your point,
its not much to get heaps of extra armor,
plus, if you, like myself, think that Armour does not actually need a cameltoe, you can make it slightly less ridiculous with a couple of minutes in bodyslide.

Thanks for the pointless philosophy, I guess? I don't have to pay actual attention to do any of those things or spend time not doing something else.

And if an armor needs adjustment to not have cameltoe, I don't want it in the first place, because chances are the whole thing is designed like something skintight that would show pointless cameltoe and tits. And if you want something like that, why would you bother editing it away?

I'm just failing to see the benefits of CBBE if that isn't a kind of thing you want. What is the "clipping and weirdness" this is supposed to resolve?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Finally broke my save by loving with mods too much. What's the best way to try and fix it? Disable the newer mods and try and remember which version of the old ones I was using? Already deleted them because I'm a dumb chump

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

Is that really a thing people care about? Everyone wearing the same underwear? It's the apocalypse.

Thanks for the pointless philosophy, I guess? I don't have to pay actual attention to do any of those things or spend time not doing something else.

And if an armor needs adjustment to not have cameltoe, I don't want it in the first place, because chances are the whole thing is designed like something skintight that would show pointless cameltoe and tits. And if you want something like that, why would you bother editing it away?

I'm just failing to see the benefits of CBBE if that isn't a kind of thing you want. What is the "clipping and weirdness" this is supposed to resolve?

How else is my immersive post op supermutant mod going to work?
I don't want the false eyelashes a foot to the left of xirs head, I want the pasties to actually jiggle with the boobs, not just float there barely covering the irradiated ariola while it writhes around.

you need to be able to attach all these things to bones and then have sliders for those bones, or the boners and tuckies don't work right. I mean, sorry, I cant break it down simpler than that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Sure is a lot of mods not being posted here.

Miss Fortune from FNV Replacer for Mysterious Stranger

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Not in 4 but FO3/ New Vegas everybody miraculously getting a shirt did eventually start bugging me especially when half the raider armors were bare chested. FO4 even before I learned to love salvage more then armor the majority of outfits all looked like you could be wearing the default undies under it.

Yes, I have the sadbrains.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

boneration posted:

So this Resurrection Lite, how the heck do I kill off these incredibly loud bird sounds? I already renamed the ambient wav file in the mod and no change.

My solution was to swap it out with a quieter recording. I also went with a recording of New England birds, because those jungle sounds were definitely not what I grew up with :mad:

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
does anyone know of a "no companion affinity cool-down" mod that works with the latest version of the game (all dlcs)?

I just tried the 2 on nexus (Starstruck Companions & No Negative Affinity and No Cool Down") and neither seems to work.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

BigRoman posted:

does anyone know of a "no companion affinity cool-down" mod that works with the latest version of the game (all dlcs)?

I just tried the 2 on nexus (Starstruck Companions & No Negative Affinity and No Cool Down") and neither seems to work.

no fucks given seems to work : *No Negative Affinity and No Affinity Cooldown they only work on negative affinity afaik, i have latest build of fo4

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is interesting, it seems PC mods are being reuploaded for the consoles, and Bethesda has told modders whose work has been taken that they can file DMCA reports on it. I don't know much about the law involved, but this seems to imply a degree of ownership of the created mod by the modder that I wouldn't expect Bethesda to grant.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-06-row-over-stolen-fallout-4-mods

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Power Armour of the Mid Western Brotherhood from Fallout Tactics right here!

Also, that Mauser not showing up from that mod? too lazy to just do a merged patch like I was? download this conversion to the Chinese Pistol and enjoy your Broomhandle goodness once more!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

It seems, with the GECK being so new still, that a lot of the mods that were earth shattering like the ones for Skyrim aren't out yet, and I think it's being further complicated by an angry modding community completely disgusted with the limitations being pushed in favor of console integration, and the lovely, entitled console community in general. Mod comments on the Bethesda store only confirm this, and I'm still using Nexus as a result.

I'm really interested in this, could you go into more detail?

I'm actually in the process of creating a mod based on my favourite mods from Fallout3 and New Vegas so anything that might affect it would be great to know!

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
The armor is cool and all, but why the white bra and Henry the 8thish codpiece?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

gasman posted:

The armor is cool and all, but why the white bra and Henry the 8thish codpiece?

What have you got against a codpiece now? we don't have enough of them.

Serious answer, the art he uses doesn't show those areas properly?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kimsemus posted:

It seems, with the GECK being so new still, that a lot of the mods that were earth shattering like the ones for Skyrim aren't out yet, and I think it's being further complicated by an angry modding community completely disgusted with the limitations being pushed in favor of console integration, and the lovely, entitled console community in general. Mod comments on the Bethesda store only confirm this, and I'm still using Nexus as a result.

It would be a shame if modders spite the general console audience because a bunch of internet babies acted like babies.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh sweet, one of my favourite player made homes from FNV is now here for Fallout 4.

Take command and live inside of the Dauntless, a submarine.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

It would be a shame if modders spite the general console audience because a bunch of internet babies acted like babies.

I'm pretty sure once this dies down a bit and Bethesda moves forward with the theft takedowns that most of the animosity will go with it.

Also when it starts to sink in with the console people that mods are literally just some guy doing this because he enjoys it, it will go a long way to making everyone happy.

Console gamers have heard about crazy mods for skyrim and stuff and don't get that
A] a lot of that won't work on consoles without script extenders
B] the geck just came out so everything is still in its infancy compared to skyrim's modding scene

It has been hilarious to watch people on other forums try and explain why stealing mods is bad but piracy isn't.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Davoren posted:

This is interesting, it seems PC mods are being reuploaded for the consoles, and Bethesda has told modders whose work has been taken that they can file DMCA reports on it. I don't know much about the law involved, but this seems to imply a degree of ownership of the created mod by the modder that I wouldn't expect Bethesda to grant.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-06-row-over-stolen-fallout-4-mods

I love how Nexus people are PISSED about this choice because Bethesda don't just take their word as a proof of ownership.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kizurue posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if you would have random encounters while using the immersive fast travel mod. Have it do a RNG to see if you encounter enemies in route to wherever your going and then deposit you somewhere in between the two points to fight.

Fallout 2 style?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bholder posted:

I love how Nexus people are PISSED about this choice because Bethesda don't just take their word as a proof of ownership.

Unless Bethesda is going to take that DMCA and filter all future submissions (which I somehow doubt), they have a right to be pissed since it'll be a non-stop whack-a-mole to get rid of mod copiers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bholder posted:

It is kind of irritating really, due to the knee jerk not thinking reaction a lot of them are for the time being disabling their mods from Nexus until this stuff is sorted. Which is going to suck for a few mods including Wasteland Crossbows.

Oh, I got in contact with Troll in the Camping The Stairs Mumble. Real life is really busy for him at the moment with work and he is happy for me to take over the thread and make a new OP. I'll mostly be modifying his own and am slowly working through the last 50 pages adding a bunch of new stuff to the new OP. Hope to be done by the weekend, I'll need you guys to pick a new name and when I ask in this thread to get in contact with a mod to close this one.

I was thinking ASTERIX CHUCKLE ASTERIX myself but not everyone has seen the video.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Obviously you kill the thread with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLu8ezfgsZc

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Wow these are some pretty salty illiterates.

quote:

Seriously... I'm not even in the mood to make an update today for my mods. This poo poo going on with people stealing mods for Xbox is pathetic. Anyone who doesn't think this is wrong, well, something is wrong with you. You are promoting theft. People keep wondering why mods aren't coming out fast for Fallout 4? Well your answer is right with the console modders. They hosed it up for you. Many modders now are hidding their mods and deleting them in support against these console morons. I am as well but I won't be hidding this mod. Instead, I will be posting this message to show people that updates will not be coming until further noticed. It will not mean that I won't be updating the mod. Just means that the public will not have access to those updates. I'm not here for modders fame or money or anything else. I'm here to support Fallout 4 and help keep it going as a game. I get paid nothing for this and same goes to many other mod authors. When we say that "Sure, we will release our mods to Xbox and PS4 in the future but cannot right now because we don't know how to yet or there is some limitation that needs to be addressed first" it doesn't mean we will never release it there. It's our mod to do what we want with it, not yours. We give you the privileged to use our mods and we ask for nothing really in return. I've been working my rear end off on this mod and taking many suggestions to improve it. I'd really hate to see someone just come in and steal that hard work and go sell it off on Bethesda.net for steam codes or donations... but pretty soon, there will be no modders left to mod for you all if this keeps happening. The modding community is taking a steep fall because of this. I encourage other modders to speak out as well. Stand up for yourselves.

SeanBeansShako posted:

It is kind of irritating really, due to the knee jerk not thinking reaction a lot of them are for the time being disabling their mods from Nexus until this stuff is sorted. Which is going to suck for a few mods including Wasteland Crossbows.

That sucks, though it's not like he's updated it in loving forever.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I do want that guy to get his mod published because it is so simplistic but stupid fun.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BigRoman posted:

Someone updated No Negative Affinity and No Cool Down actually:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14525/

Richard Bong posted:

Also when it starts to sink in with the console people that mods are literally just some guy doing this because he enjoys it, it will go a long way to making everyone happy.

PC people haven't learned it, why do you think they will?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
One of the 125 mods I installed over the past week has put this ugly pure white texture on random buildings' windows. I hazily remember an option for one of the mods that let me choose the texture I want for windows upon installing it, but now I've forgotten what that is. Googling hasn't helped so far. Does anyone know offhand what mod that is?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

I'm really interested in this, could you go into more detail?

I'm actually in the process of creating a mod based on my favourite mods from Fallout3 and New Vegas so anything that might affect it would be great to know!

I'll borrow this analogy from one of the threads about it:

quote:

A bunch of people buy a house (Fallout 4) in PC City and some begin to plant some flowers (mod/s) in their front yards. The people of the city see and like the flowers and so they share the seeds (upload), which is fine because the flowers can produce the same seed indefinitely. Everyone is happy, sharing their flowers.

Meanwhile, over in Console City they all live in apartments. Then one day, a large portion of the city is allowed to upgrade their apartment to a house with a yard (Xbox). The soil is a little different but flowers will grow there and so PC City shares their seeds with them too.

But.. some people in Console City have never experienced a yard before and a small handful of them begin demanding PC City make more of their flowers available and demanding specific types. Over in PC City things start to get a little tense, people are stealing seeds and giving them away, and some refuse to share their seeds all together.

And so began "The War of the Delicate Flowers"... While the large majority of both cities are non-combatants, they could not stop the drama from spilling-over into their everyday lives.

The basic problem is entitled console users, demanding the same mods that PC FO4 users have (impossible thanks to limitations) and being super pushy about it. They also flat out steal modmakers' work with no credit whatsoever, which results, naturally in more pissed off people and a lot of broken poo poo.

This is compounding by Bethesda's much stricter policies regarding what kind of mods can be made for consoles (no nudity, etc). Essentially, the PC modding community is, for the most part, hating the console FO4 users and are getting progressively more pissed off, worked up, and angry at both console players, and Bethesda. One only need read the comments on the Bethesda mod site to see this at work, and based on that I frankly don't blame them for being mad.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Now imagine how much fun this would be if all this stupid horseshit was monetized.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

graynull posted:

Now imagine how much fun this would be if all this stupid horseshit was monetized.

:suicide:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This just feels so unnecessarily stupid and petty. Like if somebody can just download a mod and then upload it on Bethesda.net and make it work on consoles then that mod clearly works on consoles, maybe not optimally, so this whole "console limitation" sounds less important than others make it out to be.

And if you cannot make it perfect for console use, or you just don't want to, you could always just... I dunno, completely ignore Bethesda.net and its comments?

Then again, this is the same community that got mad when somebody bought up a new way to rate mods in a forum they cannot supervise so...

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Wow these are some pretty salty illiterates.

That sucks, though it's not like he's updated it in loving forever.

See I'd feel for them but they instantly lose me at the 'Modding will die forever' bullshit. Get over yourself, you're not the last bastion of free modders or whatever the gently caress, modding existed before you and it will exist after you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

graynull posted:

It kind of is is half the issue I see talked about. Random people steal the mod, slap it up on bethesda.net with "please donate" pleas, so they get money and random free stuff for something they didn't write.

• Locked thread