Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1464/

noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

LumberingTroll posted:

Do you have the perk that lets you see their level in vats? if they are all low level nothing you do will fix it besides nerfing your own damage, you can always use the lower PCGame versions as well, I think there is a 50, and probably a normal. Levels in Fo4 literally just add HP to things.

i just checked and lol they're all level 1 and im level 11. i guess that explains that. figured this was a high level area but i guess i've been loving around too much up in concord. i turned off the mods and even at level 1 they take forever to die and even less damage myself so im gonna leave the mod on i think.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I'm hoping for a mod that gets rid of that awkward light source between the eyes of the X-01 Power Armor when you activate the light. I love the glowing eyes on the armor but that light source really just looks awful.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vikar Jerome posted:

I tried the survival damage mods in the op, and used the suggested 100 player and 200 enemy one and tried it out at the corvega plant but goddamn it was super loving easy and i didnt even get any legendaries show up either, in fact i had more legendaries show up on hard... is there any better settings? im one-two shotting raiders and they seem to be doing regular hard more damage to me as far as i can tell. feels too easy and it's making me feel like i did something wrong.

the 1.0 pc damage multiplier means you're effectively playing on normal but doing as much damage as you would on survival. Try an 0.75 damage multiplier perhaps?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Anyone found something to zoom the action part of vats out once you've fired off your attacks? It's always so tight in close that all I see is an elbow of knee or wall.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

LumberingTroll posted:

Higher Settlement Budget
Increase your settlement budget by selecting a workshop and typing "bad settlement" in the console.

I'm pretty sure you mean bat settlement.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Friction posted:

Any word on working 21:9 aspect ratio fix? The game is playable, but some UI elements and HUD glitches ruin my immersion~~

Power armor HUD looks equally bad and most of UI darker green background shadings are either incorrectly sized or located completely outside the intended UI area.

I just downsized my monitor to 16:10.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rasmussen posted:

Anyone found something to zoom the action part of vats out once you've fired off your attacks? It's always so tight in close that all I see is an elbow of knee or wall.

The Tab key.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
While This is not a place for requests, there are a few... sorry, a lot of duff texture assets like the computer terminal overlay, when I can repack BA2's I'll make a pack of nicer textures, in the meantime : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1417/ some nicer and less jarring textures.

Harrow posted:

You already can! Do a few quests for the Railroad and Tinker Tom will teach you how to add ballistic weave to certain outfits. Piper's trenchcoat is one of them. At Armorer rank 4 you can add Ballistic Weave Mk.5 that adds like 90 damage and energy resistance. (You can also add this to most underarmors, and still wear armor over them, for maximum defense. It's more than a little overpowered.)

Actually, this is my big wish for a mod, which I've already discussed over in the main Fallout 4 thread: I want to be able to add ballistic weave to any outfit. This would require a mod that added the "lining" upgrade slot to every outfit. At the moment, it seems entirely arbitrary what you can and can't add ballistic weave to. Piper's trenchcoat and MacCready's duster have lining slots, but the Drifter Outfit and Preston's duster don't, even though they have similar base stats. There's even an item in the late game, a certain character's unique coat, that has a lining slot even though it natively has 50 DR. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change what upgrade slots an item has before the creation kit comes out, but if it is, I'd buy a beer or six for anyone who could do it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/745/ Is not exactly what you are looking for, but it is a starting point.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I have the ballistic weave on my to-research list incidentally.

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone had a list of armour that doesn't, but should, have a ballistic weave option. Preferably including form/refIDs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Can someone who knows how to mod textures and stuff give me the down-low on editing normal maps in, say, Photoshop? Almost every texture creation tutorial for gamebryo games I've found covers diffuse maps and that's it. I'm trying to remove the patches and such on the faded trenchcoat, and I've already done that on the actual texture, but any time I edit the normal maps it goes nuts on certain parts of the body. So I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a quick run-down of how not to gently caress it up, or hell, how to make normal maps out of the diffuse map so I don't have to bother editing the vanilla one.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Vikar Jerome posted:

i just checked and lol they're all level 1 and im level 11. i guess that explains that. figured this was a high level area but i guess i've been loving around too much up in concord. i turned off the mods and even at level 1 they take forever to die and even less damage myself so im gonna leave the mod on i think.

Check this mod out, I am using it right now, and it seems to make things spawn closer to my level, with a sprinkle of lower and higher level stuff, not quite sure how its working but I've been having a bit more fun.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/261/

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'm pretty sure you mean bat settlement.

I did indeed

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Not a serious request: I want a mod that changes Nick's character model to Sam's from Sam & Max.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

jfood posted:

The Tab key.

Idont know what pressing tab during vats shots does but I don't want to press it every time. Any other suggestions?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

getting back from the glowing sea:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Xbone exclusive console bundle content!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Depths posted:

A thing i want is to disable the battle music so i can just listen to the sweet ambient stuff instead

Along the same lines, I'll install any mod that adds the Fallout 1 & 2 soundtracks the moment it goes online.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Would be really neato if I could take the scope of a 10mm pistol to put it on my 10mm pistol without having to expend the resources to make the stock sights so I could take the scope off. Seems pretty dang dumb.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

Now with brand new Mountain Dew Stimpack™

Edit: Can't wait for Mountain Dew Code Red Bloodpacks.

AtillatheBum fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 20, 2015

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Would be really neato if I could take the scope of a 10mm pistol to put it on my 10mm pistol without having to expend the resources to make the stock sights so I could take the scope off. Seems pretty dang dumb.

Yeah, it'd be nice if when I scrapped a weapon I got the mods off it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

chiefnewo posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice if when I scrapped a weapon I got the mods off it.

Yeah they should auto de-equip the mods instead of having to go into the customize screen and swap the mod you want off.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Falken posted:

Food planters

Hooray for not having to be limited to dirt for crops!

Oh awesome It really bugged me that you couldnt get these, such an obvious thing to have considering some of the settlements.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

We need a mod that allows us to track what settler's are doing what, and how to assign them easily.

Might need a FOSE or something for that though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We need a mod that allows us to track what settler's are doing what, and how to assign them easily.

Bandanas are the way to go, there's like 5 different types you can use.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, can't wait for the first settlement overhaul mods to start rolling in. The building is solid enough once you learn how to bypass the clipping/unfavorable angle snapping and unlock the building cap, but the people management is atrocious. Aaaand kinda pointless i guess.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
can we get a mod to make curie's humanoid body into an assaultron?

thanks

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
3 mod requests if anybody has seen them (I did a search on the Nexus but didn't see anything).

1.) When you scrap gear, it keeps the mods intact, and puts them into your inventory.

2.) When you are on the craft screen, it tells you if you already have certain mods crafted, rather than having to try to make them to see if you have it.

3.) Make mods weigh nothing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Made some major updates to my Gun Crafting mod! Namely, it actually works free of all glitches now! No more weapons doing their best imitation of power fists.

tl;dr gauss rifle/combat rifle/laser musket/gatling laser all added. Crafting prices have been rebalanced as well.

Grab it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Anyone know if there is a mod that reduces jet pack drain only?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
edit: eh nevermind

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I have the ballistic weave on my to-research list incidentally.

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone had a list of armour that doesn't, but should, have a ballistic weave option. Preferably including form/refIDs.

Thanks!

Here are some of the items that seem the most like they could have the lining upgrade slot but don't:
  • BOS Uniform (three versions: 000dedeb, 002223e3, 00134294)
  • Colonial Duster (0001f17b)
  • Drifter Outfit (000b2d8d)
  • Field Scribe's Armor (no base ID on the wiki)
  • Gunner Guard Outfit (00223cfa)
  • Leather Coat (000732b5)
  • Kellogg's Outfit (001153db) This one already has a good amount of DR on it, but so does Maxson's Battlecoat, and that one can take ballistic weave.
  • Synth Uniform (0012b91d)
I'm sure there are more, but those are some of the outfits that stick out the most to me. (Colonial Duster and the Drifter Outfit are the biggest ones for me personally.)

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I am excited about the modding possibilities for this Bethesda open world RPG and look forward to seeing what is to come.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

I tried the survival damage mods in the op, and used the suggested 100 player and 200 enemy one and tried it out at the corvega plant but goddamn it was super loving easy and i didnt even get any legendaries show up either, in fact i had more legendaries show up on hard... is there any better settings? im one-two shotting raiders and they seem to be doing regular hard more damage to me as far as i can tell. feels too easy and it's making me feel like i did something wrong.

You could always use the mod that just makes more legendaries show up and then play on Hard or Very Hard. That's what I'm doing. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218/

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Cant recommend Touch of Green enough. Simple mod that totally changes the feel of the game.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Harrow posted:

Thanks!

Here are some of the items that seem the most like they could have the lining upgrade slot but don't:
  • BOS Uniform (three versions: 000dedeb, 002223e3, 00134294)
  • Colonial Duster (0001f17b)
  • Drifter Outfit (000b2d8d)
  • Field Scribe's Armor (no base ID on the wiki)
  • Gunner Guard Outfit (00223cfa)
  • Leather Coat (000732b5)
  • Kellogg's Outfit (001153db) This one already has a good amount of DR on it, but so does Maxson's Battlecoat, and that one can take ballistic weave.
  • Synth Uniform (0012b91d)
I'm sure there are more, but those are some of the outfits that stick out the most to me. (Colonial Duster and the Drifter Outfit are the biggest ones for me personally.)

Road Leathers - 000AF0E2

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Trip report:

Playing the game with x3 damage for everyone makes it very different in play. Yes, it's easier for sniping action but holy poo poo npcs can gently caress you up so bad so quickly. The game is extremely deadly and grenades are devastating.
It's p. neato and I recommend it.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1695/

:kimchi:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Can someone who knows how to mod textures and stuff give me the down-low on editing normal maps in, say, Photoshop? Almost every texture creation tutorial for gamebryo games I've found covers diffuse maps and that's it. I'm trying to remove the patches and such on the faded trenchcoat, and I've already done that on the actual texture, but any time I edit the normal maps it goes nuts on certain parts of the body. So I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a quick run-down of how not to gently caress it up, or hell, how to make normal maps out of the diffuse map so I don't have to bother editing the vanilla one.

I dunno if people have replied, but I use the .dds plugin in gimp, I have not tried the F4 normals yet, but from my experience, you can check this out: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/236994-tut-normal-map-plugin-for-beginners/ also, if i recall correctly, the alpha setting nowadays is to control gloss, with a 100% alpha being shiny, and the more transparent you go the more matte the map is.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can I use the Homemaker mod with SSEx or does Homemaker include all of its items? Will it gently caress up my game if I switch if I've already placed objects with SSEx?

Will More Armor Slots make NPCs carrying pieces automatically equip them over armour where it clips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

staberind posted:

I dunno if people have replied, but I use the .dds plugin in gimp, I have not tried the F4 normals yet, but from my experience, you can check this out: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/236994-tut-normal-map-plugin-for-beginners/ also, if i recall correctly, the alpha setting nowadays is to control gloss, with a 100% alpha being shiny, and the more transparent you go the more matte the map is.

Thank you, I will take a look.

• Locked thread