Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah autohotkey works

well when you consider that 90% of modders are sex-starved teenage boys I'm not sure getting laid will fix anything.

Fortunately, most medication in sufficient quantities will.

On a separate topic that served as an excellent reminder for me to remove my gender from my nexus profile.

Then you realize that they're actually sex-starved adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Harrow posted:

Thanks!

Here are some of the items that seem the most like they could have the lining upgrade slot but don't:
  • BOS Uniform (three versions: 000dedeb, 002223e3, 00134294)
  • Colonial Duster (0001f17b)
  • Drifter Outfit (000b2d8d)
  • Field Scribe's Armor (no base ID on the wiki)
  • Gunner Guard Outfit (00223cfa)
  • Leather Coat (000732b5)
  • Kellogg's Outfit (001153db) This one already has a good amount of DR on it, but so does Maxson's Battlecoat, and that one can take ballistic weave.
  • Synth Uniform (0012b91d)
I'm sure there are more, but those are some of the outfits that stick out the most to me. (Colonial Duster and the Drifter Outfit are the biggest ones for me personally.)

Road Leathers - 000AF0E2

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

so i have some bad news...

Yeah I had my doubts it was doable without the GECK

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

strong bird posted:

apple murders chinese as like a sport and people still buy their garbage so youre allowed to use the mod by the russian homophobe

Or don't because you don't want to.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:lol:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, In can understand having the button hidden until the GECK and Workshop support come out, but why under Joe Power Armour's right eye?

Why not?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Punch this into the console:

player.removeitem 001E22E5

Falling into the smelter with god mode on adds a gibbed skeleton to your inventory for... some loving reason. :cripes:

Cause you're supposed to die and fall to pieces

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what this basically means is that bethesda still hasn't figured out how to make weapons use more than one ammo properly

:lol: What? Bows in TES games can all use varying types of arrows with their own given properties, they pretty clearly know how to do it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I just want a mod that makes Master-locked loot boxes hold things worth taking all those perks for. Getting tired of finding a single radX and a skull in Master-level safes.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Here's my opinion. oh and let me preemptively state that anyone who might disagree with me is an idiot.

This is also 99% of the main Fallout 4 thread.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Amstrad posted:

Covenant has a quest line that can turn the town hostile towards you depending on how you follow it.
Actually because of how that quest goes my entrance to that town looks like this:

Nice potato tits

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SneakyFrog posted:

the sound replacer for guns is nice though, adds a lovely punch to it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/130/

If this doesn't produce the ear-ringing crack that renders all use of headphones painful than it's a garbage 'realistic' mod :colbert:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there should be a mod that granted settlers X experience levels per day based on happiness so there's an actual point to boosting it, couldn't SKSE determine where NPCs are in an area and gently caress with their values accordingly?

something like

<50 happiness: gently caress you
50-59 happiness: +1 level per day
60-69 happiness: +2 levels per day
blah blah blah
95-99 happiness: +10 levels per day
100 happiness: +20 levels per day :w00t:

Happiness over 85 is a myth

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Neither of them make any sense under 'Luck' anyway.

'Dumb Luck' is a much better fit.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Is there a mod to add headlamp functionality to the combat helmet yet?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jack Ketch posted:

It probably would be pretty easy to do just copying the relevant parts of either the power armor helmet or the mining helmet, but I have no clue if you could get the light on the model to actually be lit up in third person.

I don't really care so much about that part, playing in first person

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Falken posted:

D.E.C.A.Y. (Better ghouls)

Someone decided to make the ghouls just downright "nope", so to speak. Looks really well done.

These look like hot loving garbage sitting on the side of the road about as far away from 'really well done' as possible.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

When scripting is possible with the GECK I want to see a mod that changes AI so they don't magically know exactly where you are and start shooting you while still in [CAUTION] after you shoot with a silenced weapon. They manage to be weirdly dumb but omniscient about stealth at the same time in some ways.

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Falken posted:

Which, to me makes perfect sense. I know that's what I'd do if one of my buddies just got their head meloned.

I'd say 'Huh? What was that?' look around for a few seconds and then return to standing next to his dead body and say 'Jumping at shadows...'

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Alright I cannot get OCD to play nice with anything else. It flat out won't load.

Here's my load order:

code:
Fallout4.esm
Homemaker.esm
OCDecorator.esp
Safe SSEx.esp
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility Patch.esp
ArmoredDogArmor.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
LegendaryClothes-ArmorSmith-Merged.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp
Enclave SpaceMarine Space Wolves.esp
Maxson_Cape.esp
CraftableAmmo.esp
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
CraftableRangedWeapons.esp
CraftableMeleeWeapons.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
Walls and Floors - Simple Intersection.esp
WattzGenerators.esp
Workshop_Planters.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
AdjustedEncounterZones.esp
5% Fusion Core Drain.esp
EasyLockpicking.esp
Minutemen_Expanded.esp
AdjustedMobSpawns.esp
LegendaryAllDifficulties10x.esp
ShellRain.esp
Worsins-Immersive-Garage-X01-Bundle.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
CTHHostileAndSneaking.esp
CombatRiflePlus.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
Craftable Armor Size.esp
Pos_ShopPositons.esp
Pos_GuardPositions.esp
ModelRobotDisplay.esp
MoreSettlers.esp
TronVaultSuits.esp
What should I shift around?

Were you aware you have three different mods that add planters to the workshops?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

please tell me more about how human curie is problematic because she's good-looking, in a game with characters like desdemona, glory, piper, sturges, preston, maccready...

Where's the mod to make MacCready look like Kurt Russell from The Thing?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Fereydun posted:

this explains everything

It certainly explains this entire thread, at the very least

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Twincityhacker posted:

I'm rolling with with Settlement Supplies Expanded, Homemaker, and Alternate Settlements. I recognize that this ridiculous, and trying to figure out which one(s) to ax. Which one, or combo, is the best in your guys and gals opinion?

Homemaker fills all my construction needs by itself rather neatly, with Robot Home Defense, OCDecorator and Convenient Stores for taste

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

There's always going to be a min maxed build in any system, but I actually feel like 4 has an overall better balance than the previous games. I will agree that I'm disappointed that there aren't more stat and perk checks built in to the dialogue or other interactions. But I don't think that a huge rework of the system itself is necessary.

A completely reworking of perks back into skills (lol what) won't fix the lack of build checks for tasks anyway.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

REJOICE ye Unwashed Goones, the First Edition of CBBE for Fallout 4 is here and barbie-doll plastic as ever!

:nws:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/:nws:

EDIT: \/\/\/ poo poo! Sorry, edited for tags

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 24, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

greatBigJerk posted:

Is it because of CBBE that there's an absurd amount of creepy rear end nude mods drowning out actual non-creepy mods?

I usually try to find new mods by looking at the most endorsed new files over the past few days, but it's really hard to do that when every other mods is something like "sexy tamed bush" or "huge boobs bodyslide preset"...

"You know what would really make this dude's entire body exploding into a pile of viscera better? If my character had HUUUUUUGE naked tits and a tamed bush. Now just to go grab my fallout immersion lotion and immersion tissues..."

Yes, as soon as CBBE released and then finished up the body slider every loving page of latest mods has had at least 1 or 2 of those loving mods

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Talkie Toaster posted:

I'm annoyed- I was on track for a 3rd mod making Hot Files before it got swamped with literal_sex_objects.esp.

5 of the 6 current Hot Files is CBBE related :suicide:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

NickPancakes posted:

Ugh Armorsmith. I'll keep from updating for now, but is there a similar mod sans the creepy feature creep?

Yeah, it's called 'Use Armorsmith and then don't make the nudity rings at the crafting bench and you'll never even know they exist'

This poo poo is hardly end-of-the-mod levels of feature creep, here. I went the last 3 versions without even noticing the new workbench it added, get a grip.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

flatluigi posted:

They added in a nude mod into a completely unrelated mod, saying it's fine because it's ignorable is silly

It's dumb, but it IS completely, 100% ignorable. You'd never ever know it was there at all, it is the wateriest loving feature creep I've ever seen and people are acting like it's a loving disaster, lol.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

gromdul posted:

This is amazing.

FFS most of the "feature creep" in Armorsmith Extended is optional compatibility patches that let you craft the armor instead of using console commands or the chemistry station. Relax.

Crafting armor and outfit manipulation tools: Verboten feature creep in an armor crafting mod.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

gasman posted:

:eyepop:
Getting where?

"There" :shepface:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

staberind posted:

I'll reiterate : loving is kind of a prime mover as far as human instinct goes, so, LL caters to mainly sex, and then strange, but, people interested in sex also happen to be pretty talented,
bizarre huh, so we get hdt physics, along with bouncing tits, cloth deformation, along with vaginas with physics, 3001 hairstyles, along with pubes, xrm skeletons that allow you to chose where your weapon is sheathed, along with cock and breast bones.

Perhaps if the US & UK did not have a semi victorian attitude to loving, your tender jimmies would not tremble so much.

Edit: whats irritating is it all leaking into the Nexus.

:lol:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

staberind posted:

I have an account at LL, Last thing I got from there was mebbe the sg hair pack, for skyrim. it was taken down after due to korean modders being babbies.
hahahaahahahaahahaha. sometimes I see nakie people. teehee. < you sound like this. please Don't.

yeah, I remember being a 12 year old virgin, over 30 years ago.
I'm a modder, sure, but I hardly ever bother to publish my work anywhere. I'm way too lazy and kranky to deal with people unless its a simple texture jobbie.
I have said this before, I'm personally not that interested in "my waifu's tits are bigger than her head and her kebab is painstakingly sculptured" type mods, on the other hand, I don't care if others love/hate them.
Its just tiresome to have to deal with peoples infantile attitudes.
at the moment, the most used repository of mods is swamped with that crap, Protip : Don't spend any time on the landing page of the nexus, just go to either mod updates or today's mods,

Stellar.
I jumped on FCO as well, separating all those meshes is a drag, I'm glad someone did it tho'
I'm on my 4th restart and slowly re-adding mods that I know won't result in idiot save befoulment.

Speaking from inexperience are we?

Nice meltdown.

Laughing at the garbage The Nexus and Slab barf up into the pool of mods is SOP for any of these threads so you might as well get over whatever hangup you possess for having a good chuckle at poo poo cause it ain't gonna stop.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Those XT or whatever skeletons that lover's lab folks make are pretty nice, and when the animators make something that isn't Sithis' Sex Slave Immersion Overhaul or whatever but rather an animation overhaul/new animation pack it was usually decent stuff. Really hoping those Skyrim animation modders come to Fallout 4, given the utter lack of weapon types that are going to need new animations if weapon modders want their poo poo to work.

It's too bad they get bogged down with all the generic lab mods, though.

I don't think there was even ONE Ninja-run mod for Skyrim, was there? What a waste.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

I'd be pretty cool with losing a lot of the modding capability if it meant that these games didn't all have a littany of absurd issues. Also, using an engine that isn't held together by duct tape and prayers doesn't mean that oh welp can't do any modding anymore.

I don't think that Bethesda would be cool with losing the modding community revenue, is the deciding factor here really.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there's wanting an engine to be redone, which is implausible and dumb, and then there's things like "actually putting things into video memory" which is something that's been basic to game engines since quake 2 and if you somehow think fixing that will gently caress up modding then lol

Bethesda would find a way.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Stating that people won't mod games if there's no mod support is really dumb imo, people mod games with no support all the time

Oh, people most certainly wouldn't stop modding, but there would be a sharp decline in the people that do if the tools weren't as available as currently, coupled with pissbaby backlash like 'Bethesda has turned it's back on modding!' It would hardly be noticeable, at the bottom line, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't factor in their choice to keep going with Creation.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 18, 2016

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

haha calling out people for being dumb is white-knighting apparently.

If you can be perceived as defending something, you are a white-knight or a shill. If you can be perceived as being negative about something, you hate it unquestioningly and want it banned or destroyed.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

MaliciousOnion posted:

It's not about whether it's possible or not, it's about whether Bethesda wants to devote the time to it or not. Maybe it didn't seem as bad during testing so they thought it'd be ok. Maybe it didn't crop up during testing at all. Maybe they just figured they could spend their time better elsewhere.

I'm going with 'Eh, we'll fix it in patches'

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

This just reminds me that Obsidian somehow discovered a way to make you play jump rope with your loving arms while wielding a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

gasman posted:

How about replacing it with a random Robco Fun game?

(or is that what you meant?)

How would that be an improvement?

• Locked thread