Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh boy a Minutemen faction mod I'll just....

Oh. You just turned them into BOS/Gunners Militia. This is the 3rd mod that does this. I want some goddamn faction variety Nexus and this isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Polaron posted:

Are you talking about We Are The Minutemen? I haven't installed it yet but I thought it looked interesting.

If that is your thing, go for it. I'm kind of the opposite, lets make the Minutemen crazy rear end 18th/19th century reinactors with cobbled together old worlds meets world end future junk kind of dude.

It's just that several mods are doing the whole 'generic post war modern militia' thing. Also, I am aching for some more traditional firearms. I wish the GECK would come and some modder does a FNV armoury mod or something here.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well ff7cloudstrife has been making some really good weapon mods lately. Just downloaded his M 14 battle rifle mod. If only the Weapon Balance Overhaul applied to them.

Yeah that M14 gun is awesome looking, if slightly OP.

Also, is there a mod that forces Settlers assigned to stores in settlements to go there? Because of a certain quest, the Doctor Clinic in Diamond City is closed and I can't stop chugging Psycho.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm just happy we're going to be hearing from them soon.

Also browsing Nexus, I am starting to suffer breast fatigue.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No classic Brotherhood undersuit/scribe robes mods yet?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thank you.

My god, it is weird that they don't have a replacement for the Diamond City Clinic or even a quest to trigger such a thing. Also, If any modding goon plans or doing a big old faction variety project for the Minutemen and want to go the Historical route I can give them plenty of sources to work with.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Claytor posted:

He's not actually gone after that quest. He just moves indoors. Check the red door near where the doctor used to be. It's strange and dumb, but he stays there after you complete the quest.

Oh neat thanks for the heads up.

Somebody should fix that though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

It's not something to be fixed. He does double duty as medic and plastic surgeon after that quest, so he has to be indoors by the chair.

I wasn't told he'd go into self exile in the creepy plastic surgery basement though and I never really went back there because it was an empty room to me now. Some sort of notice in his outside office would be nice.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nope, Dr Sun is not in the creeper plastic surgery bunker. Guess my save is bugged.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Information about the first add on and official DLC here.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I just want the GECK to drop for the sake of convinience, I had to download like half the boring real world weapons to more or less craft the better custom stuff together with a modded work bench. I hate having boring real world clone weapons in my Fallout.

Also, still can't craft that drat .223 pistol with that bench argggggh!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A mod just showed up on Nexus that adds New Vegas style DT to armour, any goon thoughts on it?

Also, what does proc mean?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And now I am more educated in ye olde gamer lingo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Talkie Toaster posted:

Which one, Impervious Power Armour? Or has someone built something else on my Damage Threshold resource?

Using DT on PA is a bit janky ATM due to bugs in power armour health; anything that reduced damage to <0 heals your PA. Really annoying.

This one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Am I the only one who wants a classic Brotherhood faction mod?

I mean, I kind of dig the field uniform for the scribes but I am not a fan of the weird orange recon suit overalls thing now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Armorsmith doesnt cover that? It seems like it let you make any clothing in the game or something.

Armorsmith isn't going to uniform an entire NPC faction though.

I support any more faction diversity mods (as long as you don't go too modern/away from the canon aesthetics) future Fallout modding goons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Pickpocket their new uniforms on?

"You're gonna wear this, and like it!"

I love Fallout and have hundreds of hours in most of the games but that sadly seems like a task even I sadly have no patience for.

Seriously though modders, keep the field stuff for scribes but bring back those lovely robes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the GECK is confirmed, if any goon is serious about doing faction appearince and diversity mods hit me up for the Minutemen, I got quite a bit of image resources covering the American Revolution to the War of 1812. I can send you some image stuff for inspiration.

Also, Laser Blunderbus and crank Pistols would rule.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm hoping setting up custom radio channels is easy this one, I might use the LISA OST for my crazy over the top modded character.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some dude got 3rd person holstered weapons working on the player model again!

You need Nanosuit and the usual community model pack thingy to get working. I just wish this worked with NPC's and it would be perfect.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

As much as I like the idea of the Minutemen faction, It is a shame they are tied directly with the settlement system. Unless of course I am wrong and you don't need to be part of that faction to just set up the settlement.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I hope the FOOK dudes do Fallout 4 after the creation kit drops.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's the other half.

If the sound quality doesn't match the game, it screams "HELLO I AM A MOD." If the writing sucks, then it doesn't matter how good it sounds. Get them both together and you're good!

(The magical Third Half is making sure your VA's voice isn't loving stupid, but I kinda figured that bit is obvious)

I'm morbidly curious to see some Fallout 3/New Vegas examples of what not to do.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If any goons are looking for modding suggestions, I'd love if there was a mod where the high tier mods make the makeshift pipe weapons look like Sten Guns and other lesser known build on the cheap/low materiel 2nd World War weapons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That would be a good idea. The thing might get a little slippery with all the murder it'd be doing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Looking good, when you have it all done and confident enough perhaps make a rusty bloody unique version as well?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deified Data posted:

A mod that puts one complete set of each armor in the game at a set location and cuts the rest would be fantastic.

I'd love that, also to add to this idea only a handful of the suits are complete. The rest of the suits in the world are really just spare frames and your going to have to get around to repairing them from scratch.

Maybe a mod that gives you an option to convert a power armour frame into some pretty decent medium tier armour as well?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

This might be the final version of my hats and masks mod, can't think of much else to do with it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8836/

If you ever want to do a fancy military hat version, hit me up. I know a lot about hats.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The robot gang is all here!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Enclave Minutemen replacer mod is more hilariously awkward, poor Preston.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

xutech posted:

I imagine the T-60 PA was modified at the frontline (extra plates etc) and the Enclave armour was designed for a praetorian presidential guard, and also to kill any survivors wearing power armour. The Enclave hid away a lot of tech that they never shared and probably designed more underground.

In my own head canon, the T-60 basically was just being tested and deployed in small numbers on the East Coast in the same Month the bombs dropped. Hence the fact we've never seen it until now and not outside the Commonwealth.

I still downloaded the mod though. What can I say, I like the idea of a vague attempt at making sense of things.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The new thread title isn't filling me with confidence with the news surrounding the GECK....

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I doubt it, considering the reception they got the first time they attempted it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dropping it out of the blue all of a sudden didn't really help matters for the positives of the idea.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Odd barely any new SMG weapons on the Nexus.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Entropic posted:

everyone's still traumatized from getting constantly wasted by Sulik's friendly fire.

Somebody had to take up the mantle from Ian after he got cooked.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seeing as melee weapons now come in slow, medium and fast variety I am sort of hoping somebody does a deeper 18th century swords project for melee weapons now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gonkish posted:

I'm hoping beyond hope that they include a lever-action rifle in Far Harbor.

A default looking alternate assault rifle that fits the older art styles is what I am hoping for myself. Also, a Luger dammit come on!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sylink posted:

Where is the loving GECK, I just want mods to be slightly less lovely ok.

It's out dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

I was thinking about something like this. I was imagining adding tents and such outside of Diamond City and then playing around with the factions for the various Raiders and Gunners so they're not constantly attacking you when you pass them by. I like the idea that Diamond City proper is pretty much the only safe place in the Commonwealth, but I want the rest of Boston to feel scummy and not a warzone.

As is, Diamond City just doesn't make sense because how the hell do traders even get to it?

Also, I just wish Super Mutants weren't really a thing in this game.

I'm hoping we get more faction diversity mods in general, the ones we got so far are decent.

• Locked thread