Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdUjTB-C08

ASTERISK CHUCKLE ASTERISK YOU HEARD CODESWORTH

alright, bringing this back because I have a question: how was this made, and can I make a voice replacer for the automatrons to use this voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Man, there are so many mods that add different real life guns and almost none that add energy weapons :( Real guns are boring, I want to shoot lasers!

My favorite weapons in the 3D fallout games have been from Project Nevada. Tesla Rifle for sniping and Rail Cannon for when I wanted to erase something from the face of the earth. Most of the energy weapons in this game are large, bulky and not that great for sniping. The Gauss is a powerhouse (though not actually an energy weapon), but I've been using it for so long I really want something else to play with.

e: heck, are there any good tutorials on creating your own weapons? Maybe I should try making some :shepface:

I found this one while looking for a mod that adds more customization options for the alien blaster (no option to convert it to automatic or a rifle? I don't have the pistol perk! :argh:) http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12347/

it looks a little off, but is alright in-game. One of the mods turns it into a beam weapon, so that's pretty neat (tends to not work in VATS though)

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Ah. I just happened to notice my companions collecting any dropped gun and wielding it out of nowhere and scaring the hell out of me.

Really wish they wouldn't do that in general. Sure, I use you guys as pack mules, but I expect it to be with stuff I gave you, not random weapons lying around!

I think it's hilarious. Some of my companions, like Piper, never do this. Curie, on the other hand, is a complete kleptomaniac, and pretty much always ends up finding a switchblade and equipping it so she can cut fools.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

That might be because of the bugs she's riddled with. Like the one where she never uses her default weapon! So she thinks she has no gun and picks up anything she sees. (Because she doesn't)

I'm glad for it. Weird rear end bugs and events like this are one of the reasons I'm still playing this dumb game. I never know what's going to go wrong next!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Here's another dumb question, is there a mod/way to just get rid of the vertibirds altogether?

They really clash with my extremely meticulous sneak playstyle; they make loads of noise, they blow up flinging corpses and loot around and there's so many of them. It also doesn't help that I'm on bad terms with the Brotherhood (cleverly got myself onto the airship and pillaged the place before killing Maxson for his coat).

I mean, you could just blow up the Prydwen altogether in the vanilla game. There'll still be the occasional vertibird flying around, but nowhere near as many. :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Speaking of Maxson's Coat, I'd love a mod that scratches out the Brotherhood of Steel logo and replaces it with the Railroad's :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I exploited the geometry to get up there early (and without having to be initiated), and I really wish the game would just let me plant some explosives and be done with it :( The quest to blow it up is so far into the game, especially for someone like me who barely does story related quests in these games.

blep http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11167/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Taylor Swift posted:

A better mod would be one that just removes the patch all together.

e; welp atleast the one you want exists: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3610/

Yesss, thanks for this. Although I would prefer a version where the BoS logo was literally scratched out and painted over. :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

there a mod that makes home plate linkable to settlement workbenches yet? Was kinda pissed when I wasted 2000 caps on the place >: (

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Otacon posted:

Well, something DEFINITELY got screwed up with my game, and I'm left scratching my head on what happened. When I go to target something in VATS, the camera does this weird bobble, where it zeroes in on the enemy, then goes downward almost into the ground, and then zooms way out on the enemy. Every shot (except forced crits) will miss. When I force a crit (or just manage to kill an enemy normally) the enemy corpse is barely affected by gravity, and will either continue moving in the direction it was charging in, or will shoot up into the air a thousand feet.

Only mods I installed since just before this started happening are Build High (which removes settlement boundaries) and the new versions of FDI and Lowered Weapons, so I'm at a complete loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Wasteland Workshop is just additional settlement stuff, Automatron is a fairly short quest and new random-spawn enemies, and Far Harbor is a giant landmass full of quest goodness. Get Automatron and Far Harbor

you've neglected to mention that automatron lets you build sick robot followers

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

this mod seems real bad

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Man, is there really still no mod that lets you hook up Home Plate to a supply line?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a mod to make companions heal up auto-magically in survival?
I'm taking Codsworth around and got ambushed by ghouls but I still have 6 more levels to go before I get robot repair kits.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13054/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I tried WOTC but for some reason it made railroad agents hostile towards my automatrons, and settlers hostile against pack brahmin :pwn:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Anime_Otaku posted:

Busty EV body replacer (shut up, also I might disable this as some NPCs look weird now, also shut up :P)

why would you admit this

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

are there any mods that let you just force a (base game style, not the weird custom made one that the one mod does,) attack on a settlement? I like fighting off raiders/gunners/mutants/etc., but since most attacks occur while you're not actually at the settlement you end up fighting on the outskirts of your settlement as opposed to being behind your defenses and junk.

Would also like a mod that makes it so the cages from the DLC just insta-catch, or catch within like an hour, whatever enemy.

Segmentation Fault posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9048/

You can cut out the radio stations you don't want, but the download is loving huge and I haven't found a mirror.

The DJs for Old World Radio are also awful. I uninstalled it after listening to a discount, bored Morgan Freeman tell some wacky story while peppering "gently caress" in every other word.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Heck, just convert that minigun into a rifle!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

It can fire railway spikes! Finally, Quake's Super Nailgun is now in Fallout.

It gets added into the enemy weapon lists too. This resulted in a super mutant with a railway spike one, and if he shot you once you'd just be perma-staggered from the following spray and instantly die. :I

AwkwardKnob posted:

Is it really hard and uncommon for people to create new art assets in mods? I was looking, and it seems like there aren't any mods for different types of guard posts. That really surprised me, because with all the other mods available, it looks really loving weird to plop a big wood, steel, and barbed wire pike of junk in the middle of everything.

Homemaker actually has a guard post that's just a rug, so you could just plop that behind some other prop instead of using the normal posts if you like.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Azhais posted:

The synth aggro bug seems to stick around too, even through a new game. I uninstalled WotC because it was dumb and started a new game, and synths still aren't aggressive.

Made Fort Hagen a 30 second jaunt tho.

I believe I mentioned it earlier, but the mod bizarrely made the Railroad aggro against my automatrons, but not me. They were just sitting in my settlement repeatedly gunning down my poor little farming robot, Fran, over and over. :(

...they also spammed grenades, which would blow up all my crops and other objects :I

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

I got into the habit of ignoring armor mods because they almost all require CBBE, not because "Oh no boobs" but because I don't like the model. I like the default potato people more then the CBBE.

I don't need any kinda nude mods to alleviate same-undies-itis in FO4 because I finally learned not to horde armor, that's valuable weight surgical trays and duct tape could be taking up.

does potato-people even apply to Fallout 4? Peeps look really good in 4 imo, Bethesda has come a really long way since the dark days of Oblivion.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

outta the way perverts, it looks like War Of The Commonwealth updated. Hopefully this resolves the faction issues so I can actually use it and not have my settlers inexplicably attack pack brahmin.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Saint Sputnik posted:

Ugh just went to check on Beantown Interiors and that rear end in a top hat took it down out of spite too.

the "these are people doing it for fun/love of the game" thing kind of falls apart when you see them flip their poo poo like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Azhais posted:

So basically what you're saying is that if you spent your free time painting and giving away the images for free online, you wouldn't be even the slightest bit annoyed if you found someone taking your pictures and selling them on their website with no credit to you at all?

I mean, you're just doing it for fun and love of pigeons.

on the other hand, any images I create are owned solely by me, and not bethesda, who owns every mod anyone makes for their games. Like most sane people, I would probably get anyone who stole the work to try and profit from it to take it down, but I wouldn't throw a fit and take down everything I've ever created off the internet and never put anything up ever again.

Bonus points if these are the modders whose mods would work on consoles, but refuse to do so because they hate bethesda/console plebs/etc.

• Locked thread