Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Glad to see this up!

Especially glad to see a bunch of my mods up there, I'm the one who wrote the Customize Legendary Enemy Spawning, Create your own Survival Rebalance (there's a typo in your title btw), Easy Lockpicking, Craftable Guns and Weapons, Unlimited Power Core and Jetpack (which I don't think the Power Core up there has btw), No Fall Damage, and Carry Weight modifications, which allows you not only to customize your base carry weight as you would with the console, but also lets you customize the amount of carry weight you gain per point of strength.

You can access all my mods, including future mods, here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2177762/?tb=mods&pUp=1

In the meantime, if anyone knows how to make fomod installers let me know as I'd be super grateful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

frajaq posted:

Hmm, in your weapon craft mod isn't that Flamer requirement a little steep perk-wise?

My weapon crafting mod is a gigantic work in progress, balancing is very much a secondary concern that I'll deal with after I stop multiple guns from turning into power fists.

No, seriously, the Gating Laser, the Gauss Rifle, and the Gamma Gun all really really want to be power fists and will spontaneously turn into power fists if you put them into the crafting menu. The Laser Musket and Combat Rifle just flat out don't appear.

I have absolutely no idea why.

Anyways, updated all my mods that have multiple .esps with FOMOD installers so they should be waaaaay easier to install now.

KakerMix posted:

Since you are here, does your 'create your own survivial rebalance' mod affect legendary enemies? There was another mod of the same stripe talking about how those enemies don't follow the health rules as normal enemies and thus if you make it so combat is ultra-deadly you still have bullet spongey legendary enemies.

The other mod author has no idea what he's talking about. The damage formula is defined in relation to and attached to the PC - both enemy and player damage is actually, whether enemies are legendary or not is completely irrelevant.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Bloodmobile posted:

Are there any mods out there yet to make the game harder? Vanilla is ridiculously easy, even on survival.

My create your own survival rebalance, available above.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

double nine posted:

I have an azerty keyboard, so the first thing I did was rebind forward to Z, left to Q and vats to A. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to carry over into menus like the computer terminal interface or the settlement construction menu. In those menus moving left/up is simply impossible. How could this be fixed?

Yeah autohotkey works

Falken posted:

I think what I'd like to see would be a mod that adds some power armor weapons to the game, in the same kind of vein of the crazy boltguns from Warhammer 40k (I know the Imperial Guard use them too, but shut up ok), with the option to make certain big guns Power Armor only, like the minigun and such.

Speaking of the minigun, a mod which dramatically reduces weapon recoil when using power armor would be super. I want to lean on that loving trigger and not let off until there's nothing moving.

Ok, let's see what the latest file are on the nexus!

what :nws:

:stare:

99% of the modding community needs to get laid for everyone's sake.

well when you consider that 90% of modders are sex-starved teenage boys I'm not sure getting laid will fix anything.

Fortunately, most medication in sufficient quantities will.

On a separate topic that served as an excellent reminder for me to remove my gender from my nexus profile.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

I tried the survival damage mods in the op, and used the suggested 100 player and 200 enemy one and tried it out at the corvega plant but goddamn it was super loving easy and i didnt even get any legendaries show up either, in fact i had more legendaries show up on hard... is there any better settings? im one-two shotting raiders and they seem to be doing regular hard more damage to me as far as i can tell. feels too easy and it's making me feel like i did something wrong.

the 1.0 pc damage multiplier means you're effectively playing on normal but doing as much damage as you would on survival. Try an 0.75 damage multiplier perhaps?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I have the ballistic weave on my to-research list incidentally.

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone had a list of armour that doesn't, but should, have a ballistic weave option. Preferably including form/refIDs.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Made some major updates to my Gun Crafting mod! Namely, it actually works free of all glitches now! No more weapons doing their best imitation of power fists.

tl;dr gauss rifle/combat rifle/laser musket/gatling laser all added. Crafting prices have been rebalanced as well.

Grab it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Try it and let us know!

also updated my power armour drain mod, you can now customize the poo poo outta it. has significantly more options than the one in the OP does now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Eh i had no problems with pre creation kit mods in skyrim and pre geck mods in fallout 3. Just dont go overboard with massive gameplay changing ones and it will be okay.

Also on this subject, that was due to an issue with the tools right? I make my mods by copying records with TESVSnip and then editing the hex values by hand, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

right it is completely ridiculous you can mod the clean blue suit but not the clean black suit i am going to be hammering away at this

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Harrow posted:

You are a hero.

so i have some bad news...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a mod to make advanced versions of enemies spawn more frequently? I play on Survival and the game's core scaling is actually pretty good, but it gets way too easy later because it never fully replaces the weak enemies with proper level scaled ones. I just want a challenge :(

I have a mod that lets you increase the amount of legendary enemies that spawn, but I don't think there is (yet) for Level Scaling.

e: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyrwsdnslbctb07/150%25%20level%20scaling.rar?dl=0

Try that. Rar that has 2 .esps, one that sets the level scaling to 150%, one that set it to 200%.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 22, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's a mod for increasing damage done to the player on survival:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/333/

hey what the poo poo man, not linking my version of that :(

Alabaster White posted:

How do I use these? I'm not used to modding games.

I don't want to take more damage, I just want the enemies to be a little more survivable so they can actually put up a fight. The advanced versions of each enemy are a fun and fair compromise (ie: more raider scum instead of basic raiders in Corvega, etc.)

Then you really want my Create Your Own Survival mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

Either way install the Nexus Mod Manager and use that, it'll make installation a breeze. The above mod has a scripted installer that'll make it dead simple.

Here's a video to go along with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKcAEn6hLg

e: for the dropbox link just add the rar to Nexus Mod Manager using the big green plus button. Then go to the plugins tab in the top left and select 150% or 200%.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 22, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ENB is perfectly fine and significantly improves the stability of Skyrim at the least. Some ENB configs also make the game look way better, at a significant performance cost of course.

The fact that the creator is an rear end in a top hat is kinda irrelevant.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I actually thought it was your version of the mod, it's what I'm running. :psyduck:

Hah, it's really not a big deal, use whatever mods you want! But mine is significantly, significantly more customizable.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kea posted:

Same engine for a start, though fallouts version is newer and more updated, as well as that generally speaking it makes more sense to keep doing things the same way to a set standard like variables and such, makes it easier in house and helps modders.

It's less similar variables and more that examining records (and thus being able to create .esps) was possible since Day 1.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Otacon posted:

did you read the first loving post in the thread? there was a TON of work that went into it

it recommends the wrong power core mod :colbert:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

No I didnt, your used to be "Remove Power Armor Drain" which is basically a cheat, not my fault you went and changed it. I have since updated the list, with yours instead as it has more options, and that is better, just because you are a goon does not mean your stuff will always be recommended over others though.

I was kidding, it's not like I'm charging for mods here. I really, really don't care whether or not someone uses my mod or another mod. Heck, if you check the comment pages for that mod, I recommended that other power core draining mod over my own. I didn't even update it until I started working on an overhaul with some other folks (full disclosure the overhaul is mostly stupid) and they requested I make more versions.

That being said I can totally see how my comment could be read another way and I apologize for communicating badly. I'm just very excited about doing poo poo like this.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Emerson Cod posted:

To people worried about save - game corruption there is actually very little risk this time around. Bethesda is still using the same zlib compression and most form types have not changed at all. There's zero risk from using replacer mods and next to no risk using mods that add new statics, armors, or weapons.

That, and I make all my mods with manual hex edits, which is a pain in the rear end but prevents corruption until FO4edit is released sometime next week.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:siren: The More Armor Mod Is Not Safe!! :siren:

checked over the more armor slots mod in fo4edit. It wipes out a shitton of data for pieces of armour and you probably want to be real leery of using it because it's exactly that problem which caused save corruption in skyrim.

I'll be remaking all my mods in fo4edit incidentally.

remove it from your game and ideally go back to a save from before you used it if possible, or you will likely get save corruption

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

well rip, I've been using more armor slots all along in my game.

For a working alternative :siren: for the ballistic weave mod as well, use the following:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/

combines the two and doesn't contain dirty edits.

This should be reflected in the OP ASAP

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Nexus Mod Manager is perfectly fine given the limited number of mods out there.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Lucky me, I only started using it a couple of days ago. :D

...Which is something like 10 hours of playtime. :negative:

If I strip my character, uninstall Old Armor, load up and save the game, then re-load using the new mod, would that keep things safe? Or is it screwed either way?

It's better than nothing, but nothing can keep your saves perfectly safe.

Checked over all my mods and they are safe fortunately, since by and large they only make GMST changes or add recipes.

On a related note, I'm branching out, would like to make a weapon rebalance. Just focusing on damage right now (not yet ranged), what weapons would you change, and how? What would you make stronger, weaker?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Whats wrong with nexus mod manager.

Nowhere near as flexible, stable, or useful as mod organizer. This is especially (well, only) true for Skyrim where it's so much better it literally beggars belief. Keeping your data folder safe is just one part of it - it's faster, easier to use, and has the best integration of texture mods I've ever seen.

Incidentally keep weapon damage suggestions coming!

E: I meant not yet range not ranged, I only mean guns.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

isndl posted:

As I understand it yeah, it's mostly because of the VFS thing. I haven't kept up with NMM ever since I made the jump to MO ages ago so NMM doing symlinked profiles is news to me.

Does NMM now allow you to shuffle the load order of conflicting mods without problems? Having to install texture mods in a specific order was a pain in the rear end, especially when you later uninstall one or decide to mix and match.

It only lets you shuffle .esp loadorders afaik. Not texture/sound/whatever load orders, which is a kinda fatal flaw imo.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

FadedReality posted:

Did the save game cleaner for Skyrim uncorrupt peoples' saves? I'd assume one will be coming for Fallout 4 but I'm a few hours into a recorded run and I'd prefer not retracing my steps but will if it means I won't find myself hosed after 60 hours or whatever.

How can I see what other mods are using dirty edits? Right now I'm using Easy Hacking and Darker Nights, Create Your Own Survival Rebalance and no other ESP mods.

I should've known better than to get on these early day dirty edit shits but I can't help it man I need my MODS

If you've used dirty mods (and there really aren't that many of them, I only know of three - ballistic weave, more armor slots [there's a combined version of these two], and any mod that increases weapon damage with xsnip, which is all of them so far), for less than 5 hours, I'd advise going back. More than that... ehhhhhh.

But the tools used now are safer. Thank God I had made manual hex edits though, glad I don't have to redo all my mods.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

How do I get this to work? I tried adding the .esp to my data folder but it says I need to enable the mod in the Fallout 4 launcher and I have no idea how to do that.

I'm really bad with mods.

use nexus mod manager

this is a bad idea for organization purposes.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

staberind posted:

I restarted once as I got to about lv 20 having ignored the armor and weapon benches. I regretted that and decided to pay a little more attention to my perks.

now it looks like another restart is in order. ugh.
Well, at least I have SSEx now, so I can be a little more crazy with my settlement.

I probably shoulda mentioned but you may not want to use SSEx yet. It's made with a combination of FalloutSnip and FO4Edit, and edits a few default forms. It looks okay, but it's had a bunch of problems previously with save corruption. It, along with the Deadly Weapons mod, were the two major examples.

Apparently it's fixed now though. I'll wait another couple days myself.

Solemn Sloth posted:

going back ~14 hours of gametime to replace more armour slots with armoursmith extended.

Not that upset by it, I've been doing mostly side stuff rather than main quest progression and I figure using mods this early with no official tools you should almost expect that things can go wrong.

Is Craftable Ammo (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/798/) likely to have the same problems due to also being made with snip?

Not all mods made with xsnip are dangerous, the only problem is that xSnip deletes bytes it doesn't recognize, and that means that default subrecords can be overwritten with null values despite not changing anything.

Fortunately, craftable ammo adds records instead of changing them, which means there's no problem at all. Or at least there shouldn't be.

So, tl;dr:

Mods that alter default forms/records using xSnip can be and most likely are dangerous. Mods that add forms/records using xSnip shouldn't be dangerous. Mods using only FO4edit are safe.

SplitSoul posted:

Better than having NMM auto-update and gently caress everything up, IMO. If he just wants to activate that one mod there's no need to add more layers, especially garbage like that.

Fair enough.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm at like 80+ hours and I basically added in the More Armor mod as soon as it was released, so starting over really isn't an option. Guess I'll rush to see the poo poo ending. What would be more stable, keeping this jank mod going or switching to the new safe one? I know neither option is particularly safe, but I want to see if I can keep this savefile alive until I beat the game. Then again since I've been using the mod for like 40 hours now it's probably going to hold on until I can finish the game off.

I should note that save corruption won't instantly and horribly destroy your save. All I can say is stop using the mod as soon as possible. It's not like there are orphan scripts, so theoretically you should be fine so long as you're not actually uh, using it.

But I wasn't around when this exact problem happened for Skyrim mind you, so I don't know exactly what the effects can extend to.

As an example, that the early version of of SSEx broke 126 different doors in game when it overwrote the default form.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

N
It was made in Fo4edit it's fine

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

how does this look as a first balance pass?

Mind you, I can change magazine sizes as well, though that's untested for nwo:

http://pastebin.com/iY6byBww

This is mostly just editing damage values right now since that's simple, easy changes to make in FO4edit. More serious changes will take more research.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 24, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Looks pretty good to me. Only a small typo with the Missile Launcher's default damage.

unfortunately that is not a small typo, that's literally what it is in the data :v:

Any suggestions for the Assault Rifle/Regular Lasers/.44/Combat Rifle/Railway Rifle/Gauss Rifle/Gamma Gun?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

A mod manager would probably be the best plan if you're going to be doing anything more than really simple .esps, but:

That apparently isn't working on the new beta patch incidentally. Also plugins.txt resets every time you launch the game, talk about annoying.

Also released the first version of my overhaul. Just touches Damage and Magazine size for now:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

I tried to create a balance between damage dealt and magazine size, so conventional ballistics deal more damage than their pipe equivalents, but pipe weapons tend to have bigger magazines. Slow-firing weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns got a big damage boost, as did heavy weapons.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

So how do I actually edit the values from here ?

Right click, hit edit.

You are using FO4edit right? Google WIP TESVEdit, download the latest version, and rename the .exe to FO4Edit.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

What is this supposed to do? Is it level scaling, or increased legendary spawning? I really want the level scaling back in the game, I am really tired of fighting level 10 and under stuff.

Increased level scaling, but totally untested so keep that in mind. Should increase the uh, strength of the scaling for lack of a better word. Means more enemies should scale to you and in greater degrees.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

make sure your plugins.txt is read only, the new patch resets it constantly

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

Nice, thanks for the mod. Seems quite sweet.
However by taking a quick look it seems like all the guns are buffed. I'm already feeling the game easy, maybe making a version where all dmg is lowered let's say ~10%?
For what it's worth, I ran my first balance pass and spent awhile talking about my rationale on the main page.

Generally:
Weapons were buffed at different rates - but you're right, I did focus more on bringing weaker guns up rather than nerfing overpowered ones. Similarly, I wanted to make each weapon more distinct, so, for example, pipe pistols and ballistic pistols are quite different now. Pistols have more limited magazine sizes (10 by default compared to 12), but materially higher damage, while Pipe Pistols start at 20 and can go up to 40. Same thing with the combat rifle and the assault rifle - the combat rifle is more powerful but has more limited magazine sizes, encouraging a role as a semi-automatic battle rifle, while the assault rifle really shines as an automatic weapon, with higher magazine sizes accordingly.

Heavy weapons I generally found quite weak for their weight and difficulty in use, so they were buffed as well. The Minigun was just pathetic, 8 damage is nothing. I killed the legendary Assaultron outside that air force base with it in power armor. Took me literally two minutes in TGM holding down the trigger.

It really, really needed some love, though I'm considering reducing the damage bonus to 14 from 16. Even it up a little bit.

Kea posted:

Hey I couldn't tell you for sure but I have an inkling that the damage listed here is for the actual impact of the rocket with the target, the explosion PROBABLY derives its damage from either the ammunition or the explosion effect that it creates.

I figured that too! Which is why I went digging in the AMMO and MGEF subrecords, to little avail. In the absence of immediately obvious alternatives I'm forced to stick with the rocket damage itself for now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

So true, the minigun should be something really strong and it's just pathetic.
Nice thing you did with the pipes vs normal weapons.
I still think that a few weapons need a nerf though

Namely...?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

So can someone explain to me how to launch Fallout 4 in a borderless window, using simple words an idiot can understand? See Fallout 4 doesn't support my monitor's resolution by default unlike every other Bethesda game. I know there's a way to get it to launch in a window at my resolution anyways, but it involves editing the ini files and what I've tried hasn't worked.

set your it to borderless windows (at any resolution) in the launcher options. Set your proper resolution in fallout4prefs.ini. Right click the .exe and disable DPI scaling. that's how I got borderless windows @ 1080p on my laptop.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Falken posted:

Haha, that would be super.

Also, does the .50 sniper needs a huuuge buff or is it just me? A combat rifle chambered in .308 does more damage per shot than the .50, which seems off, despite having less stats on paper.

Why the Armor Piercing % isn't displayed, I don't know. Just give me back my NV ammo types, cunts.

it does, which is why my weapon overhaul mod buffs the poo poo outta it.

I really wish I could change things other than damage and mag size though.

Link is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I'd also like to plug this amazingly useful settlement mod right here. Lets you just sliiiightly merge two items together, which is a ridiculously useful help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Falken posted:

Trying out your overhaul mod now, mainly for the bolt rifles buff and heavy weapons. :getin:

Also, yeah, I'd like to see more pipe weapons, but maybe cleaner made? And with the option of having real reflex sights added.

e: After just having a *huge* firefight near the end of the USS Constitution, questline, I think I know what I want in a difficulty mod.

Not one that makes the enemies into bulletsponges, but just simply adds more. There was a mod for FO3 that did this, by increasing enemy spawns by x2/x3/x4 etc depending on what you wanted. It was quite a thing to see 20 feral ghouls running towards you. The game can handle it for sure, as there's a few areas that are pretty enemy dense like one graveyard I wandered into that was chock full of ghouls.

e2: Here it is! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1415/

I would love to see that mod in FO4, but unfortunately haven't the faintest how to actually go about it.

• Locked thread